So if I don't have magnetic ride, it is not a problem for me?
Exactly. The electromagnetic coils in the magnetic ride shocks require power to operate. Standard shocks don’t.
MagneRide - Wikipedia. Here is more info about it than you probably care to know but an interesting read nonetheless .

Exactly. The electromagnetic coils in the magnetic ride shocks require power to operate. Standard shocks don’t.
MagneRide - Wikipedia. Here is more info about it than you probably care to know but an interesting read nonetheless .
I know about magnetic ride, I had on my 2016. I didn't take it this time because I never used it. Thanks again for your help and time. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 1st Vette
My Vette is 100% stock, nothing has been adjusted. Your idea about adjusting the rear suspension, is a good one. I never use touring. Always my mode, track or sport. I don't have front lift. As for the tires, we can't warm them up by pushing the brakes down because it locks up the rear wheels. So next time I will hit the track right away because it is 45 minutes away, tires should be warm enough. Thank you for your help, very appreciated.
You can check the tire temperature by selecting it in the display options. Maybe make a note of the temp before/after a run. Maybe use an infrared gun to see the temp as well. Is there a way to do a burnout by disabling the traction control?

What did you have the suspension set to using my mode, sport or track? Maybe using a different setting than what you have been using might help.

There is a way to see how much weight is on each wheel using a bathroom scale. Searching a form such as Airstream... will give one the method to do so. This is done while setting up a weight distribution hitch for checking how much weight is being transferred to the front axle from the rear axle.

Also doing the autocross track at SM, don't recall wheel hop using an aggressive start to the course. Tires would have been fairly warm after a class or two.

Gather a line lock for the front brakes would help but it might bother the nannies GM has in the software. :-(

You can check the tire temperature by selecting it in the display options. Maybe make a note of the temp before/after a run. Maybe use an infrared gun to see the temp as well. Is there a way to do a burnout by disabling the traction control?

What did you have the suspension set to using my mode, sport or track? Maybe using a different setting than what you have been using might help.

There is a way to see how much weight is on each wheel using a bathroom scale. Searching a form such as Airstream... will give one the method to do so. This is done while setting up a weight distribution hitch for checking how much weight is being transferred to the front axle from the rear axle.

Also doing the autocross track at SM, don't recall wheel hop using an aggressive start to the course. Tires would have been fairly warm after a class or two.

Gather a line lock for the front brakes would help but it might bother the nannies GM has in the software. :-(
Ok thanks for your help and time. I just went to a garage, where one of the mechanics said start with installing my drag radials. He, by the way, does drag racing and has trophies, so I will try with the radials . If that doesn't work, will adjust the suspension lower, in the back etc.
Think you would need a special tool to do this. Not sure how hard it is.
I will get the dealer to do it. I have registered a complaint about the hopping. This way it's covered under warranty. 106,440$ car that wheel hops!!! They can adjust it for free.

Me thinks you need to pull a "Jack" and unsubscribe! LOL
I hope, my Vette, is not a dead horse. As for my hobby , drag racing, I am getting lots of good suggestions. It will come in handy , if I have to go to the dealer, for an adjustment. I do not want to break an axel.

I hope, my Vette, is not a dead horse. As for my hobby , drag racing, I am getting lots of good suggestions. It will come in handy , if I have to go to the dealer, for an adjustment. I do not want to break an axel.
Perhaps you could look around for a deal on a vehicle which is built/setup for drag racing . They can be very reasonable in price and a lot of fun.

WILLYS GASSER DRAG CAR  Old school  just finished in Classic Cars in Red Deer

Like this one for example.