No wheel hop on my z51. And no I don’t drive slow and easy. :)

I also did a bunch of hard starts using launch control 2 weeks ago and many more without launch control at Spring Mountain driving school a couple weeks ago in a Z51. I haven’t noticed any wheel hop, always a smooth and hard acceleration.
Your lucky, wanna trade.:p

I just phoned 2 dealership. They said that it will be done under warranty but in spring, when I do my first oil change. They say this time of year, it is winter tire time. Appointments would be in 3 plus weeks to verify my rear suspension, for the wheel hop. At least it's under warranty.

Not really, as we all know.

Sadly this world is corrupt to the bone.
My grandfather was asked one time if he was going to vote for the opposition in the upcoming election. He said are you crazy , these guys pockets are already full why fill up new ones.

Weight and balance?
Weight and balance is seeing if the weight is the same on from side to side, each axle, on a scale. If not, then adjusting the springs to change the weight. Z51 have adjustable collars to do this front and rear. Maybe putting more weight or less on the wheel with hop might help. Perhaps raising or lowering the front, same for the rear might help. Trail and error, change one setting at a time. If you do this keep notes of the changes and results. If you have front lift there are no collars on the front, you have to use a different means to change the height. Doing this can/will cause issues with the front lift. Doing this might/will change the alignment? What setting for MSRC did you use? Think I was in tour mode when the wheel hop occurred. A different setting might help, sport, track?

At Spring Mountain, using Launch Control, there was some wheel hop. I don't recall this was after a track session or not, so the tires could have not been up to track temps and cold, thus not having the best grip. I noticed this on the first launch, not too sure if it was there on second launch or was less.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
Weight and balance is seeing if the weight is the same on from side to side, each axle, on a scale. If not, then adjusting the springs to change the weight. Z51 have adjustable collars to do this front and rear. Maybe putting more weight or less on the wheel with hop might help. Perhaps raising or lowering the front, same for the rear might help. Trail and error, change one setting at a time. If you do this keep notes of the changes and results. If you have front lift there are no collars on the front, you have to use a different means to change the height. Doing this can/will cause issues with the front lift. Doing this might/will change the alignment? What setting for MSRC did you use? Think I was in tour mode when the wheel hop occurred. A different setting might help, sport, track?

At Spring Mountain, using Launch Control, there was some wheel hop. I don't recall this was after a track session or not, so the tires could have not been up to track temps and cold, thus not having the best grip. I noticed this on the first launch, not too sure if it was there on second launch or was less.

Cheers, John
My Vette is 100% stock, nothing has been adjusted. Your idea about adjusting the rear suspension, is a good one. I never use touring. Always my mode, track or sport. I don't have front lift. As for the tires, we can't warm them up by pushing the brakes down because it locks up the rear wheels. So next time I will hit the track right away because it is 45 minutes away, tires should be warm enough. Thank you for your help, very appreciated.

Cheers, John
Adjusting the rear suspension, hard to do or an easy job?

My Vette is 100% stock, nothing has been adjusted. Your idea about adjusting the rear suspension, is a good one. I never use touring. Always my mode, track or sport. I don't have front lift. As for the tires, we can't warm them up by pushing the brakes down because it locks up the rear wheels. So next time I will hit the track right away because it is 45 minutes away, tires should be warm enough. Thank you for your help, very appreciated.
Just curious, have you tried using traction compound? Might help a bit.