Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
In 2009, I purchased my 2006 C6 in St. Mary's Ohio with 10,000 km's on the clock. Flew in to pick it up at Bud's Chevy dealership, then drove it approx. 2000 km's to home.
Today, on the way to the golf course, a Milestone of 200,000 km's was reached, so I pulled over and took a pic of the speedometer.
This has been the most reliable vehicles that I have ever owned going back to 1972. My 1977 T/A was pretty good as well, but it didn't have anywhere close to that mileage when I sold it. (Never should have)
We have used this car extensively for summer road trips, going as far west as Kentucky, and as far south as Key West, FL in the US, and many parts of Canada.
We have been spectators to many PGA tour events all over the US. If we were able to drive within 3 days to get there, we used our C6 as the transportation.
I've had no issues with the Harmonic Balancer, or any part of the drive train. Changed out many sets of tires, a few sets of wheels, TPM sensors, shocks, sway bar end links, and other regular changeable maintenance items like oil, filters, differential oil change, etc. etc.
The only real issue was a leaking water pump seal, happening at 50,000 km's, but changed out the pump, changed all the hoses to silicone, and no issues since on the coolant system.
Hopefully other owners have experienced similar ownership as well.

Attachments

• 20231006_094751.jpg
    20231006_094751.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 0
In 2009, I purchased my 2006 C6 in St. Mary's Ohio with 10,000 km's on the clock. Flew in to pick it up at Bud's Chevy dealership, then drove it approx. 2000 km's to home.
Today, on the way to the golf course, a Milestone of 200,000 km's was reached, so I pulled over and took a pic of the speedometer.
This has been the most reliable vehicles that I have ever owned going back to 1972. My 1977 T/A was pretty good as well, but it didn't have anywhere close to that mileage when I sold it. (Never should have)
We have used this car extensively for summer road trips, going as far west as Kentucky, and as far south as Key West, FL in the US, and many parts of Canada.
We have been spectators to many PGA tour events all over the US. If we were able to drive within 3 days to get there, we used our C6 as the transportation.
I've had no issues with the Harmonic Balancer, or any part of the drive train. Changed out many sets of tires, a few sets of wheels, TPM sensors, shocks, sway bar end links, and other regular changeable maintenance items like oil, filters, differential oil change, etc. etc.
The only real issue was a leaking water pump seal, happening at 50,000 km's, but changed out the pump, changed all the hoses to silicone, and no issues since on the coolant system.
Hopefully other owners have experienced similar ownership as well.
Now that is the kind of story I really like to hear - someone that actually uses their car for what it's meant for - enjoyable driving!

Now that is the kind of story I really like to hear - someone that actually uses their car for what it's meant for - enjoyable driving!
Thanks. I was still working a contract when I purchased the car, but my retirement was on the near horizon. My wife was also near retirement, so we did purchase the car with the intent of using it for road trips whenever possible. It turned out to be a very comfortable road trip vehicle, with enough room in the hatch area for 2 medium size suitcases, a laptop, and a few other items. It is 3LT optioned, so it has the adjustable seat, bolsters, lumbar etc, so that helps immensely.
14 years later, and we are still using it for road trips.
I purchased a VCX Nano just so I would be able to troubleshoot any issues or DCT's that may come up in the future. I did have one come up a few months ago, and after hooking up the Nano, it sent me directly to the connector that was not making a good contact for the SWPS (Steering Wheel Position Sensor) giving me a service Active Handling system alarm. Fixed the connector pins, and cleared the DCT. No issues since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.