Yes please report back ..... oh and by the way I was just rubbing you about the school zone stuff....:D:angelic:
No problem, I can take a joke . Sadly, some cannot. They can dish it out but can't take it. Lots of sarcasm here and that's ok but it goes both ways . I knew you were kidding . Again thanks for all your help. I bought this car to race it and I am very disappointed with it. My fun, hobby, is drag racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bunny hop
I've had wheel hop as well under somewhat brisk throttle application as well(Z51), temps around 15ºc. What tire pressure were you using? Think if you are tracking the car it should be lowered to 26psi as per manual? Have you done a weight and balance?

I've had wheel hop as well under somewhat brisk throttle application as well(Z51), temps around 15ºc. What tire pressure were you using? Think if you are tracking the car it should be lowered to 26psi as per manual? Have you done a weight and balance?
Weight and balance?

It says page cannot be found 🤬, thanks Google.
Odd . I checked the link after I posted it and it worked. I tried it just now and go the same error as you did. I will see if I can sort it out, or you can just search for “ wheel hop “ and will get a lot of results. Wheel hopping has been an issue since the first hot Rod was built , it’s usually a combination of factors. One thing that might be affecting the C8 is the low profile sidewall of the tire. As well as the usual tire pressure and temperature considerations.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Odd . I checked the link after I posted it and it worked. I tried it just now and go the same error as you did. I will see if I can sort it out, or you can just search for “ wheel hop “ and will get a lot of results. Wheel hopping has been an issue since the first hot Rod was built , it’s usually a combination of factors. One thing that might be affecting the C8 is the low profile sidewall of the tire. As well as the usual tire pressure and temperature considerations.
The /:carbounce: at the end made it error. Scroll up to my last post for one that works.

No wheel hop on my z51. And no I don’t drive slow and easy. :)

I also did a bunch of hard starts using launch control 2 weeks ago and many more without launch control at Spring Mountain driving school a couple weeks ago in a Z51. I haven’t noticed any wheel hop, always a smooth and hard acceleration.

Here. Try this

Ok, read it. Now this is a brand new car with less than 5000 kms. Everything I read I have done right, what I can do, of course. Now I need to contact the dealer and see if they will do an inspection, under warranty, to verify the problem with the suspension and maybe check the tires. Again I think these summer tires could be the problem , in weather below 15 degrees Celsius but that is just my opinion. Others have told me on this site they have wheel hop. So this could be a warranty problem, I hope. Thank you for the help and the news site.

No wheel hop on my z51. And no I don’t drive slow and easy. :)

I also did a bunch of hard starts using launch control 2 weeks ago and many more without launch control at Spring Mountain driving school a couple weeks ago in a Z51. I haven’t noticed any wheel hop, always a smooth and hard acceleration.
It only happens on blue Z51's! ;)