Nov 22, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Corvette
Province
NS
I posted this as a C8 topic simply because it is the model that you would expect to be still under full warranty. Plus I have a 2022 C8. Recently I've been dealing with one month wait times for an oil change or a safety inspection. Also I had an oil change , safety inspection and a recall completed Wednesday later in the day November 22 and within 48 hours ( Friday later in the day ) my check engine light is on. Could have been earlier than that since the check engine light is in an area where the steering wheel kind of blocks it plus like everyone else you spend more time looking at the heads up display. Plus in that 48 hour space it spent next to no time on the road. I call first thing Monday morning and the earliest appointment is next Monday. That would normally be ok by me in most situations but not when the car just left your GM service bay. I could tell you all the excuses given such as winter tyre season but I don't want to bore you with all the nonsense including loose gas and oil caps. Hmm a gas cap on a C8 ? Well your service department did do an oil change lol He also recommended that I not drive it more than I have to just in case it is a bigger issue than a most likely smaller issue.

Is this a sign of the times ?

I take my corvettes to Cullens in St. Catharines. Everytime its a "leave the car for the day and we will call you". Both my 2021 and 2024 had to spend the night once. 2021 replacement key refused to be programed and 2024 back window needed to be adjusted.

Also, both cars had PDR videos of their time at the dealer erased...

• Wow
Reactions: MKC8
I take my corvettes to Cullens in St. Catharines. Everytime its a "leave the car for the day and we will call you". Both my 2021 and 2024 had to spend the night once. 2021 replacement key refused to be programed and 2024 back window needed to be adjusted.

Also, both cars had PDR videos of their time at the dealer erased...
The PDR erasure is troubling. What were they trying to hide?

Where I live this was actually the third dealership I contacted for my most recent service. First Halifax Dealership was December , the second in Dartmouth was booked online for November23 but the service Department informed me that would need to be changed to December 15 and the 3rd dealership came in at November 22. So I took November 22 knowing that the just recently deceased dealership owner was a member of the Corvette Club and owned a Z06. Wonder what he would be thinking if he were still here today ?

I wish the techs at my POS (point of sale) dealer had done nothing, instead of installing the rear brake cooling ducts, which was specifically marked as a DO NOT during PDI, on the 2024 PDI Checklist. Still trying to decide where to take it for regular service stuff. Finch in London looks pretty high volume, so maybe them.

I call for appointments at my dealership. They don't take walk ins without it needing to stay. That may well be the sign of the times. They likely don't want techs doing nothing all day
I'm not a walk in . I had an appointment which I arrived for promptly on time for an oil change and safety inspection. They did the work but now i'm left with a check engine light that will take another week for them to look at.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I'm not a walk in . I had an appointment which I arrived for promptly on time for an oil change and safety inspection. They did the work but now i'm left with a check engine light that will take another week for them to look at.
I didn't say you were. Anyway, I agree they should have looked at it right away if they caused it. Of course they will say they didn't. Also, you should get an OBD reader so you can check the code yourself. Information is power.
Edit: This is the one I bought.

I didn't say you were. Anyway, I agree they should have looked at it right away if they caused it. Of course they will say they didn't. Also, you should get an OBD reader so you can check the code yourself. Information is power.
Edit: This is the one I bought.
Does this one "weld" itself to the vhicle VIN # ? Can only be used on the 1st VIN it sees?
Some do, that I'm aware.

I agree they should have looked at it right away if they caused it.
Yes I did make a point to cross that bridge before dropping into that manhole cover. " I'm not saying you are at fault but it is an oddity that we might be able to agree on ". Answer " Yep we can look at it in a week because we are busy with seasonal tyres ". How can you debate that answer ? It's jso perfectly logical to have red seal mechanics changing over seasonal tyres .

Anyway I'm surprised that people are not having long wait times for appointments at their local dealerships. We also have a Mustang Mache E with matching wait times. I'm very easy to get along with but this recent issue did push a few hot buttons that I kept in check without blowing a head gasket.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
Anyway I'm surprised that people are not having long wait times for appointments at their local dealerships. We also have a Mustang Mache E with matching wait times.
A week after I got my C8 the CEL came on (this was early October). I had OnStar give me the report and called MacMaster in London to have it looked at; the earliest they could get me in was in about 10 days. Fortunately the light went out a few days later (and hasn't returned) so I cancelled the appointment.

• Clever
Reactions: KTJF and MKC8
I suspect that it takes few min for the car to fully shut down, and it might take a bit longer than my 2021 did.
I usually travel with a co-pilot, so I don't often use remote start, and the weather has not co-operated for 2 days, so no chance to do some parallel testing out here. If I get a chance to try different flavours of remote start timings, and anything odd occurs, I'll post it up.

Reactions: DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.