Chevrolet Assigned C8 TSB
Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) are recommended steps and procedures for repairing vehicles. A TSB is issued by an automaker when there is a growing trend with an unanticipated problems, but does not warrant a recall.
Also checkout recalls and investigations
    • 060001 Front Hood Releasing While in Motion TSB #FHR5607
    • Please advise inquiries regarding this item that the occurrence of front opening hoods while the vehicle is in motion is controlled by the vehicle operator either with the key fob or control panel. This is a feature of the 2020 Corvette designed for owners who will be 1/4 mile tracking their vehicle and wishing to use the air pressure against the open front hood to assist with slowing the vehicle speed. No recall or repair is necessary.
Just a bit of levity to the thread guys....
Who needs a Chute? Nice, I like it.

Chevrolet Assigned C8 TSB
Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) are recommended steps and procedures for repairing vehicles. A TSB is issued by an automaker when there is a growing trend with an unanticipated problems, but does not warrant a recall.
Also checkout recalls and investigations
    • 060001 Front Hood Releasing While in Motion TSB #FHR5607
    • Please advise inquiries regarding this item that the occurrence of front opening hoods while the vehicle is in motion is controlled by the vehicle operator either with the key fob or control panel. This is a feature of the 2020 Corvette designed for owners who will be 1/4 mile tracking their vehicle and wishing to use the air pressure against the open front hood to assist with slowing the vehicle speed. No recall or repair is necessary.
Just a bit of levity to the thread guys....
So perhaps GM should just sell the car complete with a blindfold to be used by the driver. That way you would know when and why you cannot see where you are going.

Another hood flying up. This time on a Chevy dealer salesperson on his way to deliver a C8.

" I am reading this article because this happened to me yesterday at a speed under 30 miles per hour, without any warning signals until the front "frunk" lid was straight up in front of my face with only 3 miles on the car odometer. I was on the way to the customers house after fueling the vehicle for delivery. I was convinced one of the lot kids didn’t shut it all the way, but pics taken minutes before I drove it to get fuel for the customer show the lid shut flush. It did not pop open on me on the way to the gas station, but pulling out after fueling. I had both key fobs in the cupholder as well, so it wasn’t accidentally “double clicked” to open. The only item in the front truck was the window sticker. I had to remove the hood 1 mile from the dealership to drive it back and then got hinges overnight from Cincy to get the vehicle delivered this morning. The customer knows about it and when I drove the car to his house this morning I didn’t want to drive over 20 mph and I didn’t have to as the customer lives in a subdivision behind the dealership. There was not a warning for open hood until it was fully up in front of my face and I was able to see under it until parked safely off the roadway. 32 years of selling Chevy’s at my store so I am not entirely an idiot…lol "

Sounds like this C8 is defective. I will buy it as is for half price🤑

The “frunk” problem is the quintessential definition of why waiting and seeing before jumping on the C8 bandwagon is/was a good idea. By 2023 these foibles (word of the day) will be ironed out. Then maybe I visit a dealer.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
The “frunk” problem is the quintessential definition of why waiting and seeing before jumping on the C8 bandwagon is/was a good idea. By 2023 these foibles (word of the day) will be ironed out. Then maybe I visit a dealer.

Good thinking Al but if everyone had waited until the car proved itself, GM would have hovered on bankruptcy (again), and with no government money left after Covid, would not have received massive bailouts and Ford would have bought the company and turned the C8 into a mid engine Mustang... It's beneficial to GM and to us baby boomers that they have the millenniums to get the bugs out and prove these cars before we buy... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ABC
Good thinking Al but if everyone had waited until the car proved itself, GM would have hovered on bankruptcy (again), and with no government money left after Covid, would not have received massive bailouts and Ford would have bought the company and turned the C8 into a mid engine Mustang... It's beneficial to GM and to us baby boomers that they have the millenniums to get the bugs out and prove these cars before we buy... ;)
on behalf of all of us Canaries in the cage, you're welcome!

no regrets! not even one!
No ragrets.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sparro and Gilles27
On behalf of all Boomers, I wish to express our profound gratitude to all the millennials who rushed forward to purchase and test the new C8. Your sacrifice will not go un-noticed. You have been for us the modern day Corvette version of the “Charge of the Light Brigade”. (As schools no longer teach history I know you will have to google this reference).

“To those who are about to C8, we salute you…”

From a GM spokesperson just received in the last minute:

Originally posted by GM

General Motors has decided to voluntarily recall certain 2020 model-year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles for a potential issue with the vehicle’s front trunk lid.
If drivers ignore the vehicle’s visual and audible warnings that the front trunk lid is open, they can drive the vehicle in that condition at speed, which could increase the likelihood that the wind force is sufficient to inadvertently flip open the hood.

GM will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to limit vehicle speed to 26 mph when the hood is not completely closed and latched. The software update will also provide a driver information center message indicating that the top speed is limited to 26 mph. In addition, the operation of the hood release on the key fob will be modified to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent hood release actuations. The interior door trim switch and release button located inside the front trunk compartment are also modified to require a longer press-time.

From a GM spokesperson just received in the last minute:

Originally posted by GM

General Motors has decided to voluntarily recall certain 2020 model-year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles for a potential issue with the vehicle’s front trunk lid.
If drivers ignore the vehicle’s visual and audible warnings that the front trunk lid is open, they can drive the vehicle in that condition at speed, which could increase the likelihood that the wind force is sufficient to inadvertently flip open the hood.

GM will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to limit vehicle speed to 26 mph when the hood is not completely closed and latched. The software update will also provide a driver information center message indicating that the top speed is limited to 26 mph. In addition, the operation of the hood release on the key fob will be modified to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent hood release actuations. The interior door trim switch and release button located inside the front trunk compartment are also modified to require a longer press-time.
Hi Murray,

Looks like Jake/Liz cut and pasted your post into his/her own thread 5 minutes after yours. And hey guess what? Edited with new content just after. Must be lonely living in your parents basement when Xbox Live! goes down...

STOP DELIVERY ORDER

Effective immediately, stop the delivery of certain 2020 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles in new or used vehicle inventory. General Motors has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) about an upcoming safety recall that involves these vehicles. The GM recall number is N202311160.

It is a violation of federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification until the defect is remedied.

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 model-year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles. If drivers ignore the vehicle's visual and audible warnings that the front trunk lid is open, they can drive the vehicle in that condition at speed, which could increase the likelihood that the wind force is sufficient to inadvertently flip open the hood. If the hood is open (i.e., the primary and secondary latches are not engaged) while driving at speed, the hood could flip open and obstruct the driver's forward view, increasing the risk of a crash.

You may have received a message earlier today containing a bulletin with a remedy. This bulletin is NOT to be performed on any vehicles at this time. You will be notified when the software is available.

To correct this condition, GM will soon update the software in the vehicles' Body Control Module (BCM) to limit vehicle speed to 26 mph when the hood is not completely closed and latched. The software update will also provide a DIC message indicating that the top speed is limited to 26 mph. In addition, the operation of the hood release on the key fob will be modified to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent hood release actuations. The interior door trim switch and release button located inside the front trunk compartment are also modified to require a longer press-time. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may schedule service at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.

Until further instructions are received, involved vehicles that are in dealers' possession (new or used vehicle inventory, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc.) must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration purposes or any other dealer use. All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers' inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified.

The Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system will be updated for this upcoming recall on August 19, 2020. This action has been taken to assist dealers with determining which vehicles are involved so they can properly respond to customer inquiries.

A list of involved vehicles that have been identified as being in dealer new vehicle inventory is attached to this message. It is sorted by dealer Business Associate Code (BAC) for easy reference. Your dealership's BAC will not be listed if none of the involved vehicles are currently in your new vehicle inventory. A file identifying involved vehicles in dealer used inventory will be published in GM GlobalConnect, under the Service tab in Field Action Inventory Reports.

Question and Answer Document (Q&A)

Attached to this message you will find a document that addresses the ten most likely questions customers may have regarding this Safety Recall. Please use this information as an aid to confidently answer customer concerns.

Until the recall bulletin is released, the Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system will display "N/A" under Release Date and "Incomplete – Remedy not yet available" under Status. This means the required repair is not yet available and dealers should not attempt to perform any repairs.

We are working to develop a remedy as quickly as possible. When a remedy is available, the recall bulletin will be released and dealers can begin repairing vehicles.

I'd assume and hope it won't be too long. They wouldn't have announced it unless they had some idea of a fix. It's just how long it will take to load the software on the cars at BG. In May(?) they held cars for some sort of software update and it took them 2 weeks to do a lot full of cars. My memory of previous events is a little hazy. Anyway, they don't have too many cars in the parking lot so lets hope it's quick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.