I was told (at least verts) were getting some last minute software update. I learned this on Monday but didn't really know what it was referring to. I figured just flashing with the latest and greatest, but maybe it was this trunk issue?

That was the one for the child getting locked in the frunk. Has zero to do with this recall as there is no fix nor an ETA for the fix ....

That was the one for the child getting locked in the frunk. Has zero to do with this recall as there is no fix nor an ETA for the fix ....
I'm told it also includes this flying frunk saga
I hope so! Both GM recall sites and Chev App still saying no fix available yet 🤞🏻
iOS Image - 3575045729.jpg
iOS Image - 892784456.jpg

I had my recall done Monday at the dealer. It was for the new message that speed is limited to 42KMPH while front hood open. It only took a few minutes. I have a new problem may or may not be related .... the fob won't operate the front hood. Anyone else who has the recall update have this problem too?

• Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy
I had my recall done Monday at the dealer. It was for the new message that speed is limited to 42KMPH while front hood open. It only took a few minutes. I have a new problem may or may not be related .... the fob won't operate the front hood. Anyone else who has the recall update have this problem too?

"In addition, the operation of the hood release on the key fob will be modified to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent hood release actuations."

Looks like they went a little overboard.

:oooh:

GOOD NEWS!! We are getting closer.

W/N just got a whole truckload of C8's in late last night, and mine is one of them!
:)
Now for the bad news... They probably can't deliver any of those vehicles until GM releases an update for this recall.
:confused:

At least I got to see the car last night.

View attachment 42942
do you know how many W/N has delivered to date????

Reactions: NOSOUPFORU

"In addition, the operation of the hood release on the key fob will be modified to reduce the likelihood of inadvertent hood release actuations."

Looks like they went a little overboard.

:oooh:

Wonder what they’ll do to the fob?

do you know how many W/N has delivered to date????

Half of their 71 allocation.

Picked mine up today. Looks like it has the new Frunk update. Popped the Frunk then put it in Drive. DIC says top speed is now 42Kph. W/N says they took delivery of it that way.
IMG_5818 2.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 8.34.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Half of their 71 allocation.

Picked mine up today. Looks like it has the new Frunk update. Popped the Frunk then put it in Drive. DIC says top speed is now 42Kph. W/N says they took delivery of it that way.View attachment 43009View attachment 43010
Looks awesome Bucketoy - congratulations! You'll have to update your profile from C8 on order to C8 in the driveway.

Reactions: Bucketoy
Is this a dealer required update or can you do it at home?
Once GM figures out the packaging and delivery of the update it will be an OTA and you will not need to go in. Just make sure your front trunk is pushed down twice to close securely and you will be fine.

Reactions: Climber17
My salesman just told me none of the cars W/N got late last night need that recall update.
Picking her up tomorrow!!!!
:meme:
That's good, I was told a few days ago that cars (at least the latest ones coming off the line) we receiving some sort of software update.
If they were built after 8/6 they don't require the software fix.

There have only been 4 cars arrive in NL. Mine is the 4th and can’t be released until recall completed. Dealer told me that only 2 of the 8 allocation have a recall. I’m confused as to why I’m in the middle of the pack in terms of delivery (#4 of 8 allocation) and I have a recall and the previously delivered cars don’t...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.