here`s my 2 cents.
The dual latch system is all electronic/electric. Software makes the hood latch lock twice and opens it. I suspect a glitch in one of the modules controlling the hood latch.
There are many safety and visual indicators and stops that are dependent on a software program to produce a `logic` state ie ` `if hood open then show hood open icon on display` etc.
I`m sure GM could be aware of this.

Reactions: ABC
Latest update can be done over the air:
1596767313216.png

1596767333452.png

1596767362744.png

1596767409693.png

1596767527789.png

Attachments

• 1596767287510.png
    1596767287510.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
How about pulling the fuse on the actuator or installing a momentary on toggle switch inline and under the dash to disable the actuator until GM comes up with and onboard fix? A techno person could come up with a fix somewhere inline to the actuator.

Does ABC work for GM? he sure is dancing around the issue with more ifs and buts and maybes than a GM exec.
IMO its simple, the frunk can ,and has ,popped open while driving. It needs to be addressed. Surely a secondary latch
,like exists on all auto hoods, is the answer. I'll bet GM has a warehouse full of them. Politics and BS, its too bad that they run the world.

• Haha
Reactions: ABC
Does ABC work for GM? he sure is dancing around the issue with more ifs and buts and maybes than a GM exec.
IMO its simple, the frunk can ,and has ,popped open while driving. It needs to be addressed. Surely a secondary latch
,like exists on all auto hoods, is the answer. I'll bet GM has a warehouse full of them. Politics and BS, its too bad that they run the world.
I do not work for GM Dave, but I do have a 2020 C8 that has had no frunk issue. So I guess I am just one of the 5,990 lucky C8 owners with no issue with their frunk. But I will qualify that with a (so far). I will remain mindful of the issue but will not be too worried at this point.

Does it ever worry anyone that we can (and are) doing vehicle maintenance over essentially the radio?
Nope, not a bit. If the issue can be fixed with ECU updates and software, I am in. Rather have GM update my car remotely instead of a dealer visit where I have to worry about it falling off a lift, getting damaged on a test drive, or the big service extras that always push my bills up to 800.00. Haha.

Nope, not a bit. If the issue can be fixed with ECU updates and software, I am in. Rather have GM update my car remotely instead of a dealer visit where I have to worry about it falling off a lift, getting damaged on a test drive, or the big service extras that always push my bills up to 800.00. Haha.
But what else can they do that you are unaware of? Maybe your car wont fall off a lift but damage can still be done remotely with even less accountability.

But what else can they do that you are unaware of? Maybe your car wont fall off a lift but damage can still be done remotely with even less accountability.
While this is a risk, it's like saying microsoft who has complete access to my computer software is going to do something detrimental to my user experience. I have to believe that GM wants to deliver and maintain a great car for their customers. We are now living in a connected world like it or not. My buddy has a Tesla and he was bragging that they gave him another 30hp with a recent over air update to the software and longer battery life. So not bad. Even dealerships will potentially mess with your software. I had another friend that had a BMW 540 2016?I think. He took it to his dealer for an oil change and they updated his OS to the latest version which actually detuned his engine to newer lower HP levels. He was livid but they said that was BMW policy to update software on all cars to latest rev levels in order to service consistently. So what can you do either way?

While this is a risk, it's like saying microsoft who has complete access to my computer software is going to do something detrimental to my user experience. I have to believe that GM wants to deliver and maintain a great car for their customers. We are now living in a connected world like it or not. My buddy has a Tesla and he was bragging that they gave him another 30hp with a recent over air update to the software and longer battery life. So not bad. Even dealerships will potentially mess with your software. I had another friend that had a BMW 540 2016?I think. He took it to his dealer for an oil change and they updated his OS to the latest version which actually detuned his engine to newer lower HP levels. He was livid but they said that was BMW policy to update software on all cars to latest rev levels in order to service consistently. So what can you do either way?
BIG Brother has us by the Balls!

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27 and ABC
Chevrolet Assigned C8 TSB
Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) are recommended steps and procedures for repairing vehicles. A TSB is issued by an automaker when there is a growing trend with an unanticipated problems, but does not warrant a recall.
Also checkout recalls and investigations
    • 060001 Front Hood Releasing While in Motion TSB #FHR5607
    • Please advise inquiries regarding this item that the occurrence of front opening hoods while the vehicle is in motion is controlled by the vehicle operator either with the key fob or control panel. This is a feature of the 2020 Corvette designed for owners who will be 1/4 mile tracking their vehicle and wishing to use the air pressure against the open front hood to assist with slowing the vehicle speed. No recall or repair is necessary.
Just a bit of levity to the thread guys....

Hey ... pretty cool if some updates/recalls that are software related can be done using your
phone connection (whether the car or your mobile) or perhaps by home Wifi.
This no different perhaps than by doing firmware updates for home electronics.
This is very convenient in that you do not have to surrender your car for a day
to a GM dealer for service and risk everything and anything that
can happen while it is parked there. I really like that.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.