Well wife and kids were gone for the evening so of course to the car! Trailing arm bushings came in so I figured I would tackle that first. Made myself a install tool.

Thought I could thread the rod in to flare the pipe. Wrong. Ended up grinding off some of the thread in the middle so it could be hammered. Left the thread at the end though so it would hold itself up out of view when lining up.

Went well. Should have built it a bit beefier but it did the job.

Still had time so I mounted the power steering cyl end to the frame. Made my own brackets for inside the frame rail.

Also packed bearings and finished the front hubs.

And then mocked it up to feel good.

Don't know why I never thought of this before but there were a lot of shims on the passenger side upper control arm. I should have measured the mounts to see while I was cutting and welding. The bottom arm back side mount is defiantly out. The rest seem fine but it could have been fixed easily had I thought of it.

Anyway. The pile is getting smaller! YAY! Still waiting for the emergency brake kit and fuel tank kit.

T

Found a few more minute to get some work done. Got the front springs in and the tie rods on. Also attached the sway bar. Used some threaded rod I had to suck up the lower A arm into place to tighten the ball joint nuts. Left the rods in to hold everything at approx. ride height. Still need to tighten suspension hardware and shim for alignment.

Not much, but every minute helps.

T

Ya still tryin to find a rear bearing tool to borrow. Don't want to fork out the $100 for one.

MAJOR UPDATE:

My car has an engine and tranny on the way. Will be at my house this weekend.......LS1 (Woooo) and 6 Speed. bought a 1998 Camaro from Alberta. My dad is bringing it to me this weekend. Has a rebuilt LS1, but runs solid. Hoping to pull it out this winter so it can be looked over out of the car. Or maybe I'll drive it around in the spring! Either way I'll have 1998-2002 camaro parts for sale to make back a bit of money.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

In case you can't tell I am excited.

T

Right now planning computer.

Here's the donor:

And the business part. Replacement LS1. Supposedly 1800km on it but I have my doubts. Sounds good except waterpump (I think) whines when cold. Long tube headers that I hope will fit the vette. If not I'll sell them. Took it fo a quick drive down the gravel and I can see how much fun this will be in the vette with the 6 speed.

Now, as per normal, I need time. Gotta get this thing out so it can be looked over before install.

WOOOOOO.

T

My guess is that a tensioner is whining. Quite common on the LS1.

When I get a truck running and reliably working, I'll have to come out for a day!

How are the seats? Do you think they would fit in the Vette?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.