I'm not going in with 100% optimism but I am asking today at my GM Dealer if there are other options out there for us on the Nitrogen thing.
When I purchased, I was told to "just stop by and we will fix you up"!
I will find out today just how easy it is to get this done ... after all it was "Sales" kinda promising something for "Service" to do.
(I actually bought in Edmonton) (Live and Service in the City that is 200 miles South)
I will add my findings on the Nitrogen later today. Thx for asking!

later on ... my GM Service Dealer squashed their Nitrogen strategy as they responded that the equipment was expensive for them to maintain. SO a new thing on my list to explore as they told me to just put air in the tires. Yet my caps are green ... so where's my factory caps Mr. GM Dealership?
... and what a expression on their face when I asked if I should go to the Toyota Dealership for my Nitrogen (empty threat of mine ... no bloody way that I would actually follow thru on it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pep
I guess I should have asked if you have nitrogen tires now or air? If air then yeah they need to be air purged while nitrogen filled which is a special machine. If you already have nitrogen, mine came with nitrogen when I bought my car last Nov, then you can buy a small tank from a welding supply shop to top it up yourself as needed. I know some tire shops do have the nitrogen purging equipment as well so there is always that option if the GM dealer isn't setup properly.

I guess I should have asked if you have nitrogen tires now or air? If air then yeah they need to be air purged while nitrogen filled which is a special machine. If you already have nitrogen, mine came with nitrogen when I bought my car last Nov, then you can buy a small tank from a welding supply shop to top it up yourself as needed. I know some tire shops do have the nitrogen purging equipment as well so there is always that option if the GM dealer isn't setup properly.

OK ... yes ... my Stingray came complete with "Nitro". So it was a question from the get-go when I saw the "green caps". It's all about keeping "life" simple after the fact now. Good to know about options ... Thanks!

Don't forget y'all ... your "navigator" will have to use that App when you are on the road ... according to a good friend of mine, that's pretty much what "enforcement" will care most about :bear:

This is WHY I started a private group for Saturday.

Paul, Marty, Ken and myself are approved in it so far.

If anyone else wants in send me a PM with your cell number.

Brian

Ruff Day wants an Ultra windshield kit....... let me know by tomorrow noon if anyone else wants one. This and my tire repair tool are the 2 most important things to have for a corvette ..... and I am not making anything off the windshield stuff. Baby Ray is planning to get it installed today at the shop I am getting it at.

Getting asked about the windshield product...... you can read more here

Baby Ray just had it done this morning and dropped by my shop after...... he said can't even tell it is on

http://www.dfisolutions.com/surfaces-we-improve/automotive/

Diamon-Fusion Automotive Windshield / Windscreen Coating Protection:

• Reduces night-time glare by up to 35%
  • Windshields / windscreen tested to be up to 10x more resistant to damage from road debris
  • Improved impact and scratch resistance
  • Reduces windshield chips and cracks
  • Scientifically proven windshield / windscreen protection
  • Revitalization to maintain “like new” performance, if desired, is easy and effective
  • 10X more water repellant
  • Easier to clean, allowing insects and bird droppings to be easily washed away
  • Makes driving safer during rain, snow, and difficult nighttime conditions
  • Improved vision and reaction time, at 40 mph, university studies prove our hydrophobic coating can give you an extra 58 feet of prevention (1 full second of reaction time)
  • Protects against acid rain, corrosion, and mineral buildup
  • UV resistant, will not blister or peel like other coatings
  • Is 100% optically clear
  • Is military-grade
  • Resists pitting and etching so well that the U.S. Army applied it on Humvees to prevent damage from blowing sand in harsh environments
You can have Diamon-Fusion applied at quality auto dealerships in the US and various other countries. For more information on DFI professional-grade protective coatings for automotive windshields (or windscreens), please ask your dealership for Diamon-Fusion® by name or fill out Auto Contact Form at the right.

The Patent Proves It
DFI’s Research & Development team is constantly improving our processes and techniques covered by our patents and applying for new ones when we do something again that is completely novel and unique.

Yes, BabyRay did get the Ultra windshield kit. I called at 8:30 and they took the car in at 9:30. Took them about 20min to install. $100 plus tax installed. Worth it. Thanks Brian for the info.

Yes, BabyRay did get the Ultra windshield kit. I called at 8:30 and they took the car in at 9:30. Took them about 20min to install. $100 plus tax installed. Worth it. Thanks Brian for the info.

and he was at my shop at 10am LOL

$100 is the installed price.... $75 is the cash and carry price. No warranty offered for this price. Some places offer it and they just end up banking the cash you pay extra.

It is I think applicator pads you just wipe on your windshield... he said some instructions in box or on box. I didn't read them yet.

Glassmasters 63 ave and 98 street is the location.. deal with Roger.

OR get me to bring it to you Saturday.

etansfer as I have to pay for them. [email protected] is an email

Pay by noon tomorrow as going on my lunch to get them.

Brian

Bruce and Don.... sorry to go off topic in your thread with this stuff BUT... we have to drive distances to get to your town so this is good info. :) LOL

Here is the stuff...... it is different then the kit I got 5 years ago...... but mine was the mid kit... this is the top end one.

I just finished waxing my car and too tired to install or read this.

Maybe you guys can read the instructions.

FullSizeRender(24).jpg
IMG_6117.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG

New to this forum, Sorry I can't make Ponoka this weekend but would be interested in more information on the trip to Lake Loiuse in June?

There is a thread on that.

Lake Louise Cruise - June 3-4, 2017

Ask what ever questions you have on that thread.

Call Lake Louise Inn ASAP.. think Garth mentioned 2 rooms left a few days ago.

Post when you do book. Paul I think is talking to the hotel to try get us rooms all close together .

Might be room at other hotels. Not sure.

For all those meeting in Red Deer tomorrow, the meeting place is 9:00 am at the Gasoline Alley A & W. EAST side of Hwy 2, just south of the Petro Canada Station. The best place to park will be the paved lot directly north of the A & W, shared by them and the Gas Station. :Woohoo:.. getting close.... cya there...

Eric

For all those meeting in Red Deer tomorrow, the meeting place is 9:00 am at the Gasoline Alley A & W. EAST side of Hwy 2, just south of the Petro Canada Station. The best place to park will be the paved lot directly north of the A & W, shared by them and the Gas Station. :Woohoo:.. getting close.... cya there...

Eric

Decided I am coming to Red Deer to use up more of last years gas....... :)

Brian

Hey.. you guys/gals start without me....
I was hoping a last minute decision would have me on the road this morning...
But that ain't happening.
I so wanted to make it this year.
It's just too early to be travelling thru the Mountains.

Take a bunch of pics for us who are unable.
Darn
Graham

Hey.. you guys/gals start without me....
I was hoping a last minute decision would have me on the road this morning...
But that ain't happening.
I so wanted to make it this year.
It's just too early to be travelling thru the Mountains.

Take a bunch of pics for us who are unable.
Darn
Graham

looks like one or two landslides between Lake Louise and Jasper...... yes, iffy to chance now.

Even the Alberta guys got snow around the May Long ( think it was while the show was happening ) for a Kelowna show... a few years back.

Eric

Yup .. it's got a whole lot easier to count ...
I am counting the SLEEP :rolleyes:

Taking this Thread off track again..... well, it was just in Kelowna.

Garth just sent me an email, he wants a Dynaplug tool.

This event is a social event and I don't really care to try make into a business day..... but he said bring some

I will grab some tire repair tools, air pumps and refills in case some want them.

Check them out here. I haven't really got to posting in my section reminding people about them.

BDL Motorsports - Dynaplug order tools / kits page

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.