Anyone in the Edmonton Area wanting meet this Saturday and cruise together to meet in Red Deer first at the A&W for 9:00am to meet Eric and others. Then convoy over to Ponoka as Eric had mentioned earlier postings.
We were gonna meet and leave at Timmy's in Devon at 7:30am sharp. Timmy's address is 180 Miquelon Ave [HASHTAG]#145[/HASHTAG],Devon,AB T9G 0A6. Hope to some of you there.

a
Anyone in the Edmonton Area wanting meet this Saturday and cruise together to meet in Red Deer first at the A&W for 9:00am to meet Eric and others. Then convoy over to Ponoka as Eric had mentioned earlier postings.
We were gonna meet and leave at Timmy's in Devon at 7:30am sharp. Timmy's address is 180 Miquelon Ave [HASHTAG]#145[/HASHTAG],Devon,AB T9G 0A6. Hope to some of you there.

Thx BR... For everyone intending to meet in Red Deer, That's the A & W on Hwy 2 on the East side of Gasoline Alley (South of the City) at 9:00 am. Lots of parking in the lot just North of the A & W building too. Coffee and whatever and then hit the road.

A & W.jpg

I might go to Red Deer to get rid of last years gas........ but Devon is out of my way... If I leave my place at 7:30 and you leave Devon then we should be in LA about the same time..... I am deep south Edm.

Maybe we should try that app Paul told us about. Then when you get to Hwy 2 you can what where I am...

B

Ok, the app Paul M ( Rocky PM ) mentioned is

Glympse

I set up a group canadiancorvetteforums

I am BrianZR1

I have to learn the app.

We can use it to see who might be close before leaving deadlines on the Ponoka and Mountain Cruise events.

Post your handle here.... you can add people

maybe you can search the name and add yourself. We will have to test run it and mess with it for Saturday.

OK, learning it........ download the app, set up and account and if your meeting in red deer or devon before pm me your cell number and I can add you to the group.

Maybe you can also search canadiancorvetteforums in groups and add that way... not sure.

this will show each other where we are Saturday am....

Now, the location services on the app is always or never, best to turn it off at other times but when you share location you can do it for as little as 15 minutes or for how up to 4 hours- turn it on for Saturday

sent a request to add Paul M to the group.... he knows the app.

Brian

My handle is RockyPM for Glympse. The Ponoka Run will be the Try and Test for the app and showing here on CCF. I think everyone can see where we are as we travel, in cell range. Where we're going we won';t have "range".....

There is a "Broadcast Speed" in settings. You may want to turn that off................

My handle is RockyPM for Glympse. The Ponoka Run will be the Try and Test for the app and showing here on CCF. I think everyone can see where we are as we travel, in cell range. Where we're going we won';t have "range".....

There is a "Broadcast Speed" in settings. You may want to turn that off................

haha,... I turned my broadcast speed limits off..... don't want people to see how slow I drive!

babyRay will install the app tonight. sent his phone number a join the group request.

Brian

Ok, the app Paul M ( Rocky PM ) mentioned is

Glympse

I set up a group canadiancorvetteforums

I am BrianZR1

I have to learn the app.

We can use it to see who might be close before leaving deadlines on the Ponoka and Mountain Cruise events.

Post your handle here.... you can add people

maybe you can search the name and add yourself. We will have to test run it and mess with it for Saturday.

Ooh someone's using it finally :)

Easiest way is to hit the glympse forum here, then hit the join button. You will join the group !CCF automatically (or be redirected to download the app).

Go here on your phone:
Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking
Then hit the join button when ready.

This way you don't need to individually send out invites and can see each other on the forums.

You can manually join group !CCF also.

@RockyPM

Reactions: nascar03
Paul just told me this.......

Sorry to confuse everyone by setting up an new name.

I told Paul I kinda wanted to keep these private groups not public groups so the police don't know where we are if they use this... probably not

He said oh... good thought.

I didn't even see this on the site...... I click on recent posts to see the new posts. DUH...

I can't seem to figure out how to join groups..... seems like the main way is a cell phone number invite.

I need to be taught more with this app.

how to use glympse app - YouTube

will check these out at night

Brian

Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking
Real-time location information for participating members courtesy of Glympse.

Share your location and destination info in real-time during your next meet, cruise or event. Simply download the Glympse app and join the Glympse group below.

Send your location to Glympse Group: !CCF OR Twitter User: @CorvetteForums OR Twitter Hashtag: [HASHTAG]#ccfmeet[/HASHTAG]

Get the Glympse App by clicking HERE

Last edited:
Oh for sure if you want to keep it private that's ok, main reason I use this for is to sheppard everyone together then we typically disconnect from the app so privacy shouldn't be a concern.

You can create a private group for invitees only or use the tag functionality for public maps.

Thanks Nik. Trying it out for the Ponoka meet this Saturday to see how it works and get used to using it. Will be interesting to see everyone converging on Ponoka from across Alberta! Great weather is planned!
Could you post the same explanation on the Lake Louise Cruise June 3 & 4? the quick link you posted makes it eeasy for the non-readers. wink-wink Brian!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nik. Trying it out for the Ponoka meet this Saturday to see how it works and get used to using it. Will be interesting to see everyone converging on Ponoka from across Alberta! Great weather is planned!
Could you post the same explanation on the Lake Louise Cruise June 3 & 4? the quick link you posted makes it eeasy for the non-readers. wink-wink Brian!

I can do that.

OK, Baby Ray has been added to my group I made for this test run. He figured it out.

We are texting and I see where he is now. It works!

canadiancorvetteforums is the group I would like to try this Saturday.

Download Glympse and set up an account with your phone number. PM me your number and I can add you...

I still have not watched the video.Still learning the app.

Reason I wanted to keep the group by invites is security of theft or speed traps. maybe over reacting... haha

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: marty
Don't forget y'all ... your "navigator" will have to use that App when you are on the road ... according to a good friend of mine, that's pretty much what "enforcement" will care most about :bear:

It's "game on" for me. Washed and Waxed and Polished yesterday (with Toxix recommendations - thx).
Oil renew and tire-nitro fill is today. My Navigator is also feeling a lot better from a bronchial thing.
A couple of lawn chairs under the hatch. Piloti's are polished up too ...
So looks like I we are good for Airdrie Wendy's at 7:30am :Woohoo:. See y'all Saturday !!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.