(self-note to suggest that next year's caravan be at near-to-speed-limit so we all stick together like glue and the not involved A-to-B driving non-vetters' can check us out as they pass in the left lane ... because some were exercising their rubber necks!)

Some were "exercising" their rubber tires on this cruise ;)

Ya, together closer is nice to get more shots of all cars. I have done Gymkana events ( do things while autocrossing ) so I am qualified to snap ( pics ) while driving. I do pay attention ahead of me when driving and doing the odd pic :)

Brian

Reactions: Crazy2b
Some were "exercising" their rubber tires on this cruise ;)

Ya, together closer is nice to get more shots of all cars. I have done Gymkana events ( do things while autocrossing ) so I am qualified to snap ( pics ) while driving. I do pay attention ahead of me when driving and doing the odd pic :)

Brian

I kept a copy of the driver mirror pic ... self absorbed again because it's me that was first behind :thumbs:

Attempt number 2 .... (Part 1)
May 6 Ponoka (1).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (2).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (3).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (4).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (5).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (6).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (7).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (8).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (9).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (10).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (11).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (12).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (13).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (14).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (16).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (17).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (19).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (20).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (22).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (23).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (24).JPG
May 6 Ponoka (25).JPG

A guy retires and immediately moves into senile mode huh? Next thing ya know you will be 80kmh in the left lane with your blinker on for 5 minutes.:pinkcar:
:rofl::coolwink:[/QUOTE]
[
Who is this? Did I meet you? Speaking of blinkers... Oh wait... that's flashers... :buttcheeks:

Reactions: YFCvii and Pep
(self-note to suggest that next year's caravan be at near-to-speed-limit so we all stick together like glue and the not involved A-to-B driving non-vetters' can check us out as they pass in the left lane ... because some of the A-to-B'rs were definitely exercising their rubber necks!)

Rant; ....We see this every year....:Beatdeadhorse:
I was the Leader of the Cruise, I had the cruise set on 100 kph on 2A, dropped to 70 going past Wolf Creek and part way up the C&E Trail, then back to 100kph. There should have been No reason for anyone not to be able to keep up. It's pretty simple follow the Vette in front of you at a reasonable spacing, don't idle along in your own little world, as there are other people behind you.

Rant over.:)

I was the Leader of the Cruise, I had the cruise set on 100 kph on 2A, dropped to 70 going past Wolf Creek and part way up the C&E Trail, then back to 100kph. There should have been No reason for anyone not to be able to keep up. It's pretty simple follow the Vette in front of you at a reasonable spacing, don't idle along in your own little world, as there are other people behind you.

Ya, I thought the Ponoka-Gull Lake cruise started off OK. It was an awesome decision of yours to collect the group at Wolf Creek. For some reason I had to punch it to catch up after every turn (there was reason of course at the stop sign) overall not bad for a bunch of amateurs. I also noticed a couple of "non-participating entries" from side roads ahead that busted up the "centipede" ... darn it! It was still an awesome 70km trek (don't think anyone had to check their map) and great destination and "job" well done. Thank you :thumbs:

(Hope not to take my initial comment "self note" from the Red Deer to Ponoka Cruise as a complaint ... not intended that way ... rather to adapt in some way for next year)

Last edited:
IMG_0822.JPG
Yes, you lucked out.

Actually on the Lake Louise Mountain cruise I pass people a bunch of times to try get shots of each cars.

I took 5-10 mirror shots and only 1 or 2 were clear.

Your welcome. :)

Brian
Since my wife Heather will be with me on the Lake Louis Cruise. She loves doing rolling shots with all the cars. As long as we are on Divided Highways, its more safer and easier to accomplish well as long as everyone follows her orders. And she'll do mirror shots as well on curves. We'll talk about it on the Lake Louis thread. Here's one of BabyRay.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER - A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS PONOKA MEET
FROM THIS CANADIAN CORVETTE FORUM & THIS THREAD
( an appreciation donation to the CCF coming in this regard )
TO THE HOSPITALITY FROM THE ENTIRE PONOKA CREW
AND EVERYONE ATTENDING
... and why not even a Thank You to the RCMP for stopping highway traffic at the exit from this event - making sure that we got outa Town ...

We all were Winners Today second only to Big Brothers & Big Sisters

Being Freshmen to this event - my wife and I are sure glad that we made the trip from Calgary
View attachment 8232
It started early for us in Airdrie for a 3 Vehicle / 3 Generation trek to Red Deer

View attachment 8233
Growing larger in size in Red Deer
for the run to the Ponoka Meet & Greet Lunch

View attachment 8264
View attachment 8265
View attachment 8266
View attachment 8267
a few specimens

View attachment 8268
View attachment 8269
and a couple of extras got in as someone left the gate open I guess :Banghead:

View attachment 8258
Leaving Ponoka after Lunch for about a 70km Cruise to a Boat Launch Site
at Gull Lake
View attachment 8259
I am already looking forward to my "sophomore" year - 2018 - 6th Annual Event !
I assume an even larger event with more colors and new 2017/18 models

View attachment 8270
Here's our Gull Lake Nature Picture - "What the Hell" said the Geese​

Glad you made it. Love the color of that car!

Reactions: YFCvii

I think we all should bunch together ( not too close though ) and do 10-15 over the speed limit...... if you do the speed limit then other vehicles will want to pass.

The guy in front of me stayed way far back of everyone. ( yes, there were cars behind his.... me and others.... almost wanted to pass him. ) that sucked as i could have done pictures of the row of cars in front. At times I could barely see the car in front of him where he turned. It was said to keep closer together at the drivers meeting...... nope, didn't happen.

sucks... what you do. Great event Don and Bruce...

Brian

View attachment 8414
Since my wife Heather will be with me on the Lake Louis Cruise. She loves doing rolling shots with all the cars. As long as we are on Divided Highways, its more safer and easier to accomplish well as long as everyone follows her orders. And she'll do mirror shots as well on curves. We'll talk about it on the Lake Louis thread. Here's one of BabyRay.

Hang her out the hatch secured by straps! I have a thing that props hatches up 10-12" ;)

Brian

Glad you made it. Love the color of that car!

My Wife said that I MUST tag a "like" to every comment (on her behalf) when "her" choice of colour is complimented.
The color choice is/was something that she stipulated would be in her control in our purchase last year.
No problem for me as I got the green light to Buy one ...
The remaining specification was my choice along with our agreeing that the purchase must not have an MSRP starting with a "1" !!!
Pretty much 95% of the time when someone makes a comment about "our" Stingray, it relates toward the colour.
She proudly owns that aspect and ribs me saying "see, it's not just the car that matters" :thumbs:
Thank you for your kind comment ...

I am hoping that a polished-up "Black Rose" coloured specimen joins our ranks soon as I've only been able to see "dusty/dirty ones" on the lot so far.

Reactions: Tinman and Riley P
With experience in the past, I would strongly suggest that next time we cruise through any city with traffic lights. Is that we double up or take 2 lanes( if possible ) side by side when doing the speed limit anyways. Because at some point in time some may get stuck at the lights therefore some people may get lost if this happens. By doubling up, it cuts our line in half, with a better chance everyone could make the lights. Then we also have about 3-5 local people at different parts of the line incase of not able to keep up with car in front of you. Stagger the locals like e.g. Lead car(local), more cars, then Local car, more cars, then Local car, more cars, then Last car( Local).
Then if the line breaks up, next Local car takes the lead if necessary. and so forth. Try our best, that,s all and SAFELY. When a turn is approaching. signal early enough so everyone can ZIPPER together for the turn UNLESS its a double turning lane.
I've experience this enough that some get lost and are left out. I'm sure others have had this happened before too.
Otherwise like Brian had some do, Get the Glympse APP. It works quite well.
Just my two cents. No stepping on anyones toes here I hope.:Cheers2::canada:

Reactions: Riley P
This was an excellent way to start the summer season. Many Thanks to the Ponoka crew. You guys are a class act. I nned lessons from Hezzy on how to BBQ those burgers so perfecty, yum. So many familiar faces to reconnect with and new faces to welcome to the ever growing CCF family!

Great suggestion Ken for the double lines in the city. You have experience driving in the big city!;)

With experience in the past, I would strongly suggest that next time we cruise through any city with traffic lights. Is that we double up or take 2 lanes( if possible ) side by side when doing the speed limit anyways. Because at some point in time some may get stuck at the lights therefore some people may get lost if this happens. By doubling up, it cuts our line in half, with a better chance everyone could make the lights. Then we also have about 3-5 local people at different parts of the line incase of not able to keep up with car in front of you. Stagger the locals like e.g. Lead car(local), more cars, then Local car, more cars, then Local car, more cars, then Last car( Local).
Then if the line breaks up, next Local car takes the lead if necessary. and so forth. Try our best, that,s all and SAFELY. When a turn is approaching. signal early enough so everyone can ZIPPER together for the turn UNLESS its a double turning lane.
I've experience this enough that some get lost and are left out. I'm sure others have had this happened before too.
Otherwise like Brian had some do, Get the Glympse APP. It works quite well.
Just my two cents. No stepping on anyones toes here I hope.:Cheers2::canada:

There is nothing I like better than reading about issues that are inclusive of suggestions for constructive resolve.
In these times we see a lot of news clips (like with politicians) doing nothing but complaining and no hints of solutions (they lose my attention quite frankly).
I envision this Awesome Event growing bigger and better and even with this being my first year to attend, I experienced a real good thing going only from the pictures that I seen from years previous...
It is obvious that there is great appreciation for the volunteers that we cannot afford to overload. Next year, I intend to be involved in a needed capacity!
Our cruise through Red Deer was that of an awesome centipede that was segregated beyond control (i.e. red light). So we can build from that for next year.
I would be one to encourage and appreciate suggestions intended to help make for the better of experiences next year (Even if it's to bring ice and water coolers).
This year's actions of smaller groups cruising to Red Deer for the start of the Day's Inaugural Cruise to the Meet and Greet Lunch in Ponoka is as important as the wrap-up Cruise was from Ponoka to Gull Lake. So maybe the "small groups" making for the "large group" is a good thing in case we get segregation. It also allows for the opportunity of "the comfortable racers" be able to be grouped together and the "sunday cruisers" being together in the back with the rest in groups between. Having a lead in each group who knows where we are going is definitely achievable. The grouping of similar Drivers together is exactly how I experienced success and pure enjoyment with the Ron Fellows Corvette Drivers' Experience. Such a great thought to build from ... as I am sure that I am not the only one to see our growing potential and generosity!

(ok I gotta put my poms-poms down for others to comment)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.