For all those meeting in Red Deer tomorrow, the meeting place is 9:00 am at the Gasoline Alley A & W. EAST side of Hwy 2, just south of the Petro Canada Station. The best place to park will be the paved lot directly north of the A & W, shared by them and the Gas Station. :Woohoo:.. getting close.... cya there...

Eric
Got a Wheel alignment at 8:00 am tomorrow. Think I will have to catch up to the crew on HWY 2 or Ponoka, depends how long it takes

Anyone in the Edmonton Area wanting meet this Saturday and cruise together to meet in Red Deer first at the A&W for 9:00am to meet Eric and others. Then convoy over to Ponoka as Eric had mentioned earlier postings.
We were gonna meet and leave at Timmy's in Devon at 7:30am sharp. Timmy's address is 180 Miquelon Ave [HASHTAG]#145[/HASHTAG],Devon,AB T9G 0A6. Hope to some of you there.

Attention!!! A new meeting place for leaving Edmonton. Same TIME different location.
We will meet and LEAVE at 7:30am SHARP from Timmy's in west end location Near Lewis Estates. The address is 890 Webber Greens Dr NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 4K5. Hope to some there.

Attention!!! A new meeting place for leaving Edmonton. Same TIME different location.
We will meet and LEAVE at 7:30am SHARP from Timmy's in west end location Near Lewis Estates. The address is 890 Webber Greens Dr NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 4K5. Hope to some there.

I am not going to drive west but will leave out onto the highway about 7:30 or so.. I will have my Glympse active

I installed my glass protectant... wasn't that hard to do. I will do a step by step to the 3 guys I got it for.

Brian

Lots of last minute announcements.... Graham... Sorry to hear you're not going to make it. Was looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Sterling the Wonder Poodle in person.... But totally understand your concern... the mountains in early May is touch and go at best....AlbertaZ06.... one of us will run a PM out to you just before we leave A & W... Or if you prefer, pm me your cell and I will text you... Marty... sorry to hear you're not going to make it... next time... Now work on getting that safety signed off on... Don, Bruce, Hezzy, Rainey, Tim... and all the rest...... see you all in the morning..... Woohooo.... feels just like Christmas eve.... :thumbs:

Last edited:
Well today was an outstanding success, 30 Corvettes, A lowly Camaro and our Resident Mustang.

It was Great to see old friends and meet some new faces.

The Southern Contingent showed up in an impressive 14 car convoy, it was amazing they made it as the Leader, (an unnamed Moderator on the Forum), apparently doesn't have navigation in that sparkly new C7 and got lost in HIS home City!

The weather was great, a nice 23 to 25 deg through the day.

We raised $431.00 in donations to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Thank You to everyone.

Setting up in the morning.

014.JPG
015.JPG

017.JPG

I had a great time! I got my car put back together on Thursday so that I could make this run, and was happy that I could bring my Vette this year. Travel all the way from Calgary was smooth with no hiccups or problems, and the group easily stayed together all the way to Red Deer.

The meet at Red Deer was good, with fourteen Corvettes and one Camaro (Sorry to Richard, I think that was his name, I didn't get a pic of your Camaro), and I gotta say, the sight in my rear view mirror down some of those sweeping curve hills with a long trail of Corvettes behind me was truly awesome!

Thank you to all of the people who organized this event, and I apologize for my misinterpretation of the police hand-signaling me to 'keep going' which I mistook for 'light 'em up!'. They did say that we could open 'em up a bit, and how do you do that without letting the smoke out? Oh well.

I'd like to throw out an additional thanks to Brian for giving me a boost after my battery died! It was a fantastic time, and I look forward to doing it again!

20170506_091820-r.jpg 20170506_134253.jpg

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER - A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS PONOKA MEET
FROM THIS CANADIAN CORVETTE FORUM & THIS THREAD
( an appreciation donation to the CCF coming in this regard )
TO THE HOSPITALITY FROM THE ENTIRE PONOKA CREW
AND EVERYONE ATTENDING
... and why not even a Thank You to the RCMP for stopping highway traffic at the exit from this event - making sure that we got outa Town ...

We all were Winners Today second only to Big Brothers & Big Sisters

Being Freshmen to this event - my wife and I are sure glad that we made the trip from Calgary
DSC_0034a.jpg

It started early for us in Airdrie for a 3 Vehicle / 3 Generation trek to Red Deer

DSC_0038a.jpg

Growing larger in size in Red Deer
for the run to the Ponoka Meet & Greet Lunch

DSC_0040a.jpg

DSC_0050a.jpg

DSC_0065a.jpg

DSC_0071a.jpg

a few specimens

DSC_0051a.jpg

DSC_0046a.jpg

and a couple of extras got in as someone left the gate open I guess :Banghead:

DSC_0081a.jpg

Leaving Ponoka after Lunch for about a 70km Cruise to a Boat Launch Site
at Gull Lake
DSC_0075a.jpg

I am already looking forward to my "sophomore" year - 2018 - 6th Annual Event !
I assume an even larger event with more colors and new 2017/18 models

DSC_0084a.jpg

Here's our Gull Lake Nature Picture - "What the Hell" said the Geese​

Last edited:
I'd like to throw out an additional thanks to Brian for giving me a boost after my battery died! It was a fantastic time, and I look forward to doing it again!

No problem... it was quick and easy to do.

If whoever arranged the RCMP member to do that... tells him one miss understood the rules and did too much of a launch... then maybe we can do it again at the start of the cruise.

Have to remember the officer is taking a bit of a risk kinda unofficially allowing an aggressive start... have to respect it

You ( we all ) got a get out of jail ( ticket ) with this offering. it was kinda cool to do.

If whoever arranged the RCMP member to do that... tells him one miss understood the rules and did too much of a launch... then maybe we can do it again at the start of the cruise.

Have to remember the officer is taking a bit of a risk kinda unofficially allowing an aggressive start... have to respect it

You ( we all ) got a get out of jail ( ticket ) with this offering. it was kinda cool to do.

Yes, Apparently I owe that nice officer a bottle of donut-flavored rye. ;)

Well it appears my having to leave early was definitely my loss.... Sounds like the run to the lake was a highlight as well... Great turnout ... another record set for the Ponoka superstar organizers...

And Don... I have a perfectly valid excuse for getting lost.... this was my first day back in the seat after the long winter.... I couldn't remember how to turn the Nav on let alone set it.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nik and Tinman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.