AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
You Truly Gotta Hate The GM Order System! - 2015 Corvette Z06 On Order

Sorry GM lovers...morning vent and it has been coming for some time.

It wasn't bad enough the work that went into actually finding a Z06 allocation or the up and down process all become well accustomed to, but the newest process I am experiencing is absolute crap.

With an original build date of 6 Apr, and at 3000, my order was set back to 11 May as a result of an unexpected (and apparently rare) supplier constraint of the Spectra rims. Having very tight GM contacts, I went through all the hoops to actually get the rims changed (after all they were nice enough to tell me that was the only hold up), and they tell me that the order cannot be changed, regardless. I would have to wait it out. So now, I have a 11 May build date and find out through some tight sources that, believe it or not, the Spectra RIMS are truly on a slow boat from China with an expected arrival date of 25 May. This means that the build will be pushed back again to at least 25 May with no opportunity of a change in rims.

All the while, we are now experiencing what is called a CF production shortage and body color roofs are under constraint, along with CFV ground effects. These really shouldn't affect me (as I am at 3000 and apparently approved) but I just learned of someone on another site who is in the same predicament (at 3000) and was told he would have to change to a clear roof to have the order carry on.... YET WE CANNOT CHANGE AN ORDER!?!?!?!?

Sorry to rant and congrats to those who are out of this horrid order cycle but GM needs to really get a grip. Absolutely unbelievable and, although it will no doubt make me appreciate my car much more in the end, right now I absolutely despise GM and all that it stands for. MY wife's Honduran Condo is soooo much closer right now.

To think, the possibility that I may be told that, if I want my car, it will have to be made up of left over available parts (and not my choice allocation) is entirely possible. Lucky I never ordered in yellow as it is no longer available as well... yellow... Really? They call that a model year buildout which really means they never had enough for the orders at hand.

Last edited:
Sorry GM lovers...morning vent and it has been coming for some time.

It wasn't bad enough the work that went into actually finding a Z06 allocation or the up and down process all become well accustomed to, but the newest process I am experiencing is absolute crap.

With an original build date of 6 Apr, and at 3000, my order was set back to 11 May as a result of an unexpected (and apparently rare) supplier constraint of the Spectra rims. Having very tight GM contacts, I went through all the hoops to actually get the rims changed (after all they were nice enough to tell me that was the only hold up), and they tell me that the order cannot be changed, regardless. I would have to wait it out. So now, I have a 11 May build date and find out through some tight sources that, believe it or not, the Spectra RIMS are truly on a slow boat from China with an expected arrival date of 25 May. This means that the build will be pushed back again to at least 25 May with no opportunity of a change in rims.

All the while, we are now experiencing what is called a CF production shortage and body color roofs are under constraint, along with CFV ground effects. These really shouldn't affect me (as I am at 3000 and apparently approved) but I just learned of someone on another site who is in the same predicament (at 3000) and was told he would have to change to a clear roof to have the order carry on.... YET WE CANNOT CHANGE AN ORDER!?!?!?!?

Sorry to rant and congrats to those who are out of this horrid order cycle but GM needs to really get a grip. Absolutely unbelievable and, although it will no doubt make me appreciate my car much more in the end, right now I absolutely despise GM and all that it stands for. MY wife's Honduran Condo is soooo much closer right now.

To think, the possibility that I may be told that, if I want my car, it will have to be made up of left over available parts (and not my choice allocation) is entirely possible. Lucky I never ordered in yellow as it is no longer available as well... yellow... Really? They call that a model year buildout which really means they never had enough for the orders at hand.

Les , now tell us how you really feel lol . Seriously though , you can see why GM went belly up before . Like I mentioned to you before , this is my first ever GM vehicle , and , likely will be the last . Totally frustrated with the order system and apparent lack of " Truth " coming from them . At least we should both get our cars at the same time now though :canada:

AllFlash: I thought the rims were made by Speedline out of Italy? Or did GM switch suppliers? Or did the boat detour and stop in China to pick up a boat load of crap...............
I have to say that really sucks huge, and I feel for you....

Rims made in China on a $100,000 plus car ...:confused::eek::mad::swear: I would order the stock rims, sell them and get something else if that is what you really want. Not a good way to treat a customer, regardless of the price of the car.

That is a large part of my being pissed off. When I first found out the rims were delaying my original build date of 6 Apr, I told them to switch them, only to find out that orders at 3000 cannot be switched without reverting back to the beginning of the order process again.

The funny part is....Oh right, there is no funny part. Ok lets be serious, if only for a moment.

Les has had this order placed for how long? GM has had orders in the system for how long? Giving them advance notice for quite some time what to expect as far as the number of cars and rough options. Yet nobody can seem to accurately manage parts supply. Work Bench had 5600 orders in it as of September 2014. Tadge was later quoted as saying they were prepared build between 8000 to 12000 cars ....But ummm we won't be able to build them the way you ordered them....and we might have a constraint or two on ummm well half of all the popular stuff. Sorry about that. We build a great car and you will wait while we make 'em so there. Z06!!! Oh right I said I was going to be serious for a moment. I guess I just can't take too much seriously when it comes to the ordering and allocation procedure concerning the Z06.

I will be entering the fight around June/July and am NOT looking forward to it one bit.It sounds like it will be one of the most infuriating procedures I have endured thus far in life.

Heck, it's not even my car and it infuriates me lol. Best to luck to all in the throws of order anxiety.

To put this in perspective I have a friend who even had issues ordering a Cruze for crying out loud! I thought it was just an issue for higher end models. If I conducted business in this fashion I would be out of business. Think about it. You make a product. Buyers line up to buy it and you can't supply it in a timely fashion. Then you tell them that they cannot have it how they would like it. They adjust their criteria due to your constraints. You then tell them you can't build it to that spec either. Then you say that they are not even allowed to give in and take WHATEVER is available to get their car built because no changes are possible. Then they force a change on you but still won't allow you to change options to receive your order. Seems like a smooth logical process that would never drive a customer to a competitor......I read a thread where a guy just walked from his order due to such shenanigans. Bought a viper instead. Well after that I went Googling....There is talk of a 800hp supercharged viper coming up.Now don't kill me. I'm a long time vette lover. Reality is I just might hear them out on a Viper. If I chose to jump ship I know a dealership owner who would at least be straight with me. Eliminating some of the F%$kery at the dealership/sales end. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right? It seems with GM the customer is always wrong.

Rant over : )

Could it be possible that GM isn't paying its bills? No money, no parts. In all my years at GM, I've never seen the likes of this. They know how many vehicles they can build each week and, judging by the length of time customers wait between ordering and receiving their vehicles, there isn't much excuse for there being a shortage of anything. Kazman has been waiting 7 months and will wait another month to get his car. They know well in advance just what they need. I'd be curious as to how many people have cut from the chase and bought something else. We love our car, just don't have much liking for the way they do business any more. Back in 2005 we bought a new Jimmy, nothing fancy. We walked out of two dealerships before finding a salesman that didn't try to play games. More people should walk.

Last edited:
To put this in perspective I have a friend who even had issues ordering a Cruze for crying out loud! I thought it was just an issue for higher end models. If I conducted business in this fashion I would be out of business. Think about it. You make a product. Buyers line up to buy it and you can't supply it in a timely fashion. Then you tell them that they cannot have it how they would like it. They adjust their criteria due to your constraints. You then tell them you can't build it to that spec either. Then you say that they are not even allowed to give in and take WHATEVER is available to get their car built because no changes are possible. Then they force a change on you but still won't allow you to change options to receive your order. Seems like a smooth logical process that would never drive a customer to a competitor......I read a thread where a guy just walked from his order due to such shenanigans. Bought a viper instead. Well after that I went Googling....There is talk of a 800hp supercharged viper coming up.Now don't kill me. I'm a long time vette lover. Reality is I just might hear them out on a Viper. If I chose to jump ship I know a dealership owner who would at least be straight with me. Eliminating some of the F%$kery at the dealership/sales end. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right? It seems with GM the customer is always wrong.

Rant over : )

Actually the customer is always right ... as long as they agree with what GM does.:D

Bah! That sucks to hear. Seems no one has ever thought of keeping track of inventory and calculating in the lead times to get more parts. If a car is popular and customers have to wait to get one, so be it. But it sounds like it's the lack of information, then lack of parts, and the caused delays that is the frustrating part.

Maybe it's time to start the Canadian Viper Forum. :rofl:

7 weeks, order > delivery @ '14 intro price/freight waived
NOMS contact kept me informed w/status updates, in English :rofl:
Placed order for '16 Z06 today, phase 1 confirmed allocation

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I feel pretty lucky. My ordering process was absolutely painless. Got exactly what I wanted and it arrived a month earlier than the dealer originally expected. No issues with price protection. All that and $750 under MSRP with the recent grad rebate. Dealer is organizing the full Xpel Ultimate wrap prior to my arrival. The only thing preventing me from driving it right now is me finding the time to come pick it up!

Ya... I keep getting the urge to head up to Oakville and giving this a spin! eheh (Couldn't resist)

Attachments

• AW Small.jpg
    AW Small.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
LOL easy K. It is in a closed off side room off the main show room hah haa. I live right around the corner so I popped in to grab a pic and set it to Les just so we could yank your chain heheh.

I know, I know we are bad men.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.