This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What vehicle in the same price range would you buy instead of the 2023 C8 Z06?

Makes sense doesn’t it???? No one is about to out-shift the autoring!omatic…but, it is so much fun to pretend you are a racer by rowing the gears as long as you are not in downtown traffic. Happy Mortoring!

Not a fan of the McLaren - for me: too small, no room for anything - golf clubs or tennis gear or luggage and most of all crazy expensive to service - so, not very practical. Ferrari - same comments; however, I do like the 2002 Ferrari Spyder to 2004 and after that the the 430, 458 and 488 - but now talking serious dollars. My wife would go crazy if I bought a Ferrari. I bought a new SUV - so, could drive Ferrari in summer and use SUV if going golfing etc. If I can't get a Z06 - which is probably the case I am hoping to get the E-Ray: will have a lot of similarities to Z06, but, with AWD. I love my loaded 2022 3LT C8 HTC. Here in B.C. the taxes are crazy: 5% GST, 7% PST with additional PST based on price of the car. For example my 2022 C8 I paid 5% gst & 20% pst - thanks to the far left NDP government.

Wish upon the stars. Certainly a long wait for the Z06 , but @ my age can't afford to wait. I guess comfort and ride are my preferences for my next car. Thinking (less money) Mercedes AMG SLC or BMW Z will suit be just fine.

Well we can add a substantial amount to that pricing now lol.

One may want to add in service costs which are crazy high for Ferrari and Maclaren. For the money IMHO the new Z06 is an awesome buy. The top pkg. 3LZ will compete with any of them in terms of interior quality and the new engine has them beat. Don't get me wrong, I am a Ferrari fan; but, if I am going to fork out $175K for a sports car, I will take the new Z06 HTC hands down vs much older brands mentioned.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
as an example: a brand new Porsche 911 base convertible with similar option to a Z06 2LT cames out $169,210
About that. Base model an S more: both would not have the performance of the Z06. To get it in a 911 you would be looking at $300K+. A three YO 911 Turbo S probable $250K +. Dealer here is on the other side of town. That would be the only Porsche I would consider; but, then no trunk: golf clubs etc would go on back seats. Service again is crazy on a 911. The Ferrari and then the 911 - most profitable cars for the mfg. - so, you are paying a premium for the name.

What about the Tesla Model S plaid edition? Would fit all the golf clubs you want, cost about the same as a Z06, and take your family along as well! Only half joking. Not sure if anyone has tracked this car
EV not for me - hee, hee. Vroom, vroom - LOL
My sons both say that are not that well made - no idea. I hate the front on them. The German mfg. I do like better - the EVs have grills and look like a car - LOL

an intrusive though popped into my mind that I can't shake: what if instead of spending $190,000 on a Z06, I upgrade my 2021 2LT HTC to a 2024 3LT HTC + 2024 Dodge Challenger RT ScatPack 392 Widebody?

View attachment 103978
Nice car!!
If I could have my Z06 and another car it would be the Shelby GT500 Mustang. If I did this my wife would poison me or maybe be more overt in exacting her revenge - LOL.

If you're thinking Dodge instead of the Z06, you may as well go with the new proposed 2024 GME-T6 turbo.

I don't like the future model, there is something nostalgic about the outgoing Challenger with a 6.4L Hemi. If your prediction that "most of us" will not get a Z06 comes true, I will be happy with a C8 and a Challenger, but for now I am not ready to give up on a z06.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have to agree. The Challenger has that retro attraction. I bought a 340 duster back in 72 and pondered for a long time on a Cuda. New off the lot for $3,600. My how times have changed.

Yes the old days, I bought a black 340 dart swinger off of the showroom floor in 1970 for $3400.00
Love it!
I've posted this before, but I got a showroom floor '71 340 duster for $3100.00
Rotted out by '81.

I have to agree. The Challenger has that retro attraction. I bought a 340 duster back in 72 and pondered for a long time on a Cuda. New off the lot for $3,600. My how times have changed.
Both were nice cars. I worked in the oil industry then and a colleague had a new Cuda 340 6 pack - I think I have it right - but , maybe not - LOL. What a fun car. He let me drive it to the bank one day - made my day!~!!