Last year I drove the C8 to hockey on clear days. One day it sowed unexpectedly (lake effect) and it struggled a bit in the snow to get going, but once up to speed it wasn't an issue. My wife drives the car shopping all winter on clear days. If she can do it then just about anyone can. lol

Last year I drove the C8 to hockey on clear days. One day it sowed unexpectedly (lake effect) and it struggled a bit in the snow to get going, but once up to speed it wasn't an issue. My wife drives the car shopping all winter on clear days. If she can do it then just about anyone can. lol
Yes, for sure. :Cheers2:

Big difference in winter driving and needing winter tires between Vancouver and pretty much anywhere else in Canada. Yes. Van gets snow...occasionally, but It's usually gone the next day, but the bigger problem (other than the snow never disappearing) for the rest of us for daily driving is usually the pavement temperatures. Vancouver cold weather (if you can call it cold), over the course of the winter, drives their frost down 18 inches. Typical Alberta frost line is 7 feet. We bury our water lines a minimum of 8 feet in the ground. When you have a pavement temperature of -30, both summer and all season tires are sketchy unless you're driving my 4 cyl Rav4 (Which I have snow tires on anyway). Driving a high performance 2 wheel drive can be scary even when you intend to keep your foot out of it. The C8 would be somewhat better with the engine weight over the rear tires but there's still that summer and all season tire tendency to turn into stone when they are that cold. JMO

Big difference in winter driving and needing winter tires between Vancouver and pretty much anywhere else in Canada. Yes. Van gets snow...occasionally, but It's usually gone the next day, but the bigger problem (other than the snow never disappearing) for the rest of us for daily driving is usually the pavement temperatures. Vancouver cold weather (if you can call it cold), over the course of the winter, drives their frost down 18 inches. Typical Alberta frost line is 7 feet. We bury our water lines a minimum of 8 feet in the ground. When you have a pavement temperature of -30, both summer and all season tires are sketchy unless you're driving my 4 cyl Rav4 (Which I have snow tires on anyway). Driving a high performance 2 wheel drive can be scary even when you intend to keep your foot out of it. The C8 would be somewhat better with the engine weight over the rear tires but there's still that summer and all season tire tendency to turn into stone when they are that cold. JMO
Seldom gets that cold here. If it does it is very brief. +8C yesterday for example. A.S. on my new Maza CX-5 AWD - we had snow for a week - a fair bit where I live - nothing ploughed - no problem getting out - steep hill or back home. My C8 with the A.S. would work 99% of the time here; however, not driving as I want to keep car pristine in the hopes that I can trade for a E-Ray - otherwise, I would consider, when these tires need to be replaced the A.S. that come on the stingray. Happy New Year :Cheers2:

Vancouver cold weather (if you can call it cold), over the course of the winter, drives their frost down 18 inches. Typical Alberta frost line is 7 feet. We bury our water lines a minimum of 8 feet in the ground.
WOW! I guess Geothermal systems have to go far down to be effective in Alberta!

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Seldom gets that cold here. If it does it is very brief. +8C yesterday for example. A.S. on my new Maza CX-5 AWD - we had snow for a week - a fair bit where I live - nothing ploughed - no problem getting out - steep hill or back home. My C8 with the A.S. would work 99% of the time here; however, not driving as I want to keep car pristine in the hopes that I can trade for a E-Ray - otherwise, I would consider, when these tires need to be replaced the A.S. that come on the stingray. Happy New Year :Cheers2:
As I've mentioned before we drive ours all year round in good weather and it is still pristine! PPF and ceramic and it's all good.

Reactions: vintageracer
WOW! I guess Geothermal systems have to go far down to be effective in Alberta!
Geothermal was all the rage here 20 years ago. We engineered the County of Red Deer's new office building's geothermal back then. Had a well drilling company drill 20 holes to 45 feet for the piping and a plumbing company install the geothermal heat pumps and accessories. After the first winter of them freezing their a$$es off they installed a natural gas heat system and the geothermal has lied dormant ever since. another municipality built a new olympic size swimming pool with geothermal to heat it. That didn't work either. lol... Don't know anyone out here that has had any success with it. Seldom hear of anyone anymore here installing it. If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.

Geothermal was all the rage here 20 years ago. We engineered the County of Red Deer's new office building's geothermal back then. Had a well drilling company drill 20 holes to 45 feet for the piping and a plumbing company install the geothermal heat pumps and accessories. After the first winter of them freezing their a$$es off they installed a natural gas heat system and the geothermal has lied dormant ever since. another municipality built a new olympic size swimming pool with geothermal to heat it. That didn't work either. lol... Don't know anyone out here that has had any success with it. Seldom hear of anyone anymore here installing it. If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
It works herre, but it takes 20 years to start paying for itself.

As I've mentioned before we drive ours all year round in good weather and it is still pristine! PPF and ceramic and it's all good.
Yes. Much easier here in Lotus Land. I love the ceramic coating I had applied to my car: washed my car 1x last year and wheels 3x. I just use soft micro fiber cloths every week to dust the car off and vacuum the interior because the lid is never up. The surface is like glass: put a coth on it and it slides off. Windshield done as well. I applied the graphene ceramic booster in November - ready for the spring/summer.

Yes. Much easier here in Lotus Land. I love the ceramic coating I had applied to my car: washed my car 1x last year and wheels 3x. I just use soft micro fiber cloths every week to dust the car off and vacuum the interior because the lid is never up. The surface is like glass: put a coth on it and it slides off. Windshield done as well. I applied the graphene ceramic booster in November - ready for the spring/summer.
..... fall/winter! lol

So on a very positive note, seeing more C8's on the road in dry winter weather than I ever did C7's and with good reason!
Still taking a 911 Carrera/GTS 4 all day long over a C8 in winter though ;)

So on a very positive note, seeing more C8's on the road in dry winter weather than I ever did C7's and with good reason!
Still taking a 911 Carrera/GTS 4 all day long over a C8 in winter though ;)
Yes. AWD. Soon we will have a AWD C8; but, may be hard to get one. I drove my C8 & C7 in dry fall/winter conditions as well - cautiously because it was cold.

Reactions: lupo
I spoke to a salesman at Kelowna Chevrolet. He said they're marking up the Z06 by 100K as a means to prevent people from flipping it 😂 This would put my build at around 300K

I've always been a truck guy and the only car I've been interested in was the corvette so I don't know too much about other cars in this price range.

If you had 300K to spend, which car would you get instead of a Z06/E-ray?

It’s a ridiculous excuse to try and justify a dealership making $100K over the profit they already make on MSRP, by pointing to their noble cause of preventing flippers. Why not go further and require $200,000 over MSRP “just to be on the safe side”? Thanks for identifying this dealership to everyone on these Forums.

Reactions: Greg Anderson
I spoke to a salesman at Kelowna Chevrolet. He said they're marking up the Z06 by 100K as a means to prevent people from flipping it 😂 This would put my build at around 300K

I've always been a truck guy and the only car I've been interested in was the corvette so I don't know too much about other cars in this price range.

I'm sitting at a #1 position for the E-Ray and I'll give that car a good try. If I don't like it or the "Gilles electric motor whine" persists then I'll likely move to the outgoing NSX.

My criteria is a sportscar I can daily. In the past I've had 911s and looking for either of these mid engine cars to perform.

Reactions: Greg Anderson

Neither.

WOW! That is crazy and a bunch of B.S. . I'd pay $50K over, but, a $100K - no thanks. I am very happy with my car and glad I got it. As for another car at $300K - not sure. What I like about my C8 is the storage room in the front and the back. Even the 911 Turbo S has no room for anything unless you use the so called back seat?

WOW! That is crazy and a bunch of B.S. . I'd pay $50K over, but, a $100K - no thanks. I am very happy with my car and glad I got it. As for another car at $300K - not sure. What I like about my C8 is the storage room in the front and the back. Even the 911 Turbo S has no room for anything unless you use the so called back seat?
Find another dealership....... I thought dealers couldn't increase and sell the Z06's cars for more than the MSRP or they loose allocation? Most of the talk about price increases started just as my Z06 car was built and I had this fear my dealer might add a few dollar on once the car was delivered......they didn't

Reactions: GrandSport17
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.