Both were nice cars. I worked in the oil industry then and a colleague had a new Cuda 340 6 pack - I think I have it right - but , maybe not - LOL. What a fun car. He let me drive it to the bank one day - made my day!~!!
Yup. You have it right. The six pack set up on the 340 made 388 hp. Fun car to drive back then. Not sure how much of a nightmare it was syncing those cabs though.
e0a765287a4a4ed7d9997acc03d42622.jpg

Reactions: 12cents
Yup. You have it right. The six pack set up on the 340 made 388 hp. Fun car to drive back then. Not sure how much of a nightmare it was syncing those cabs though.
mrsixpack33.jpg
It was the dual point distributors that were a nightmare.
As I recall the first carb was just a primary and the second two carbs acted like secondaries.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
911 GTS4
I'm loving the C8 Z06.... but it's starting to nip into the 2's which will make it a very expensive 6 month garage store in winter. The 911 is a year rounder with the right tires and moderate snowfall, performance is not too far off the C8, build quality is rock solid, and values generally hold well. Not saying the C8 can't be driven in winter, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

At least one member uses his C8 Stingray as a daily driver. My wife and I drive ours all winter when weather permits.
I could put the all season tires on mine that come STD with the stingray as well. Hate to change them with hardly any mileage on my current ones.

Never had a chance to add my .02 to this post. While I have always appreciated the vettes I never really liked the previous generations (to own) until the C7 and even then there were other cars I was attracted to.

I have always been a passionate JDM guy (Japan cars and culture), having owned a 300ZX (350/370) and G35 (G37/Q60). So if the C8 did not turn the automotive world on it’s head as a new found exotic, I would have likely gone with a used Acura NSX or this beauty the Lexus LC500. And if I had to move away from the Japan cars, maybe a Lotus Emira.

(My answer applies to both Z06 and SR)

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 701548DF-CDAE-42BB-A056-7FFEC18996C0.jpeg
    701548DF-CDAE-42BB-A056-7FFEC18996C0.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 7
  • A75F2E77-F82D-40B3-874A-DAA97893AA39.png
    A75F2E77-F82D-40B3-874A-DAA97893AA39.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Never had a chance to add my .02 to this post. While I have always appreciated the vettes I never really liked the previous generations (to own) until the C7 and even then there were other cars I was attracted to.

I have always been a passionate JDM guy (Japan cars and culture), having owned a 300ZX (350/370) and G35 (G37/Q60). So if the C8 did not turn the automotive world on it’s head as a new found exotic, I would have likely gone with a used Acura NSX or this beauty the Lexus LC500. And if I had to move away from the Japan cars, maybe a Lotus Emira.

(My answer applies to both Z06 and SR)

Damn it! I haven't considered Lexus for some time now...and do like the look of the LC500 so that's now on my radar. I've already put a deposit on an Emira, in case I don't see a Z06 allocation anytime soon and subject to a test drive this Spring. I don't see buying an Acura NSX...due to its pricing: there's a nice 2020 with 2,725 km for sale on the Autotrader.ca, but it comes with a hefty asking price: almost $240,000 before tax. THANKS Neils for adding yet another car to my list...although my spouse will not say the same (lol).

Damn it! I haven't considered Lexus for some time now...and do like the look of the LC500 so that's now on my radar. I've already put a deposit on an Emira, in case I don't see a Z06 allocation anytime soon and subject to a test drive this Spring. I don't see buying an Acura NSX...due to its pricing: there's a nice 2020 with 2,725 km for sale on the Autotrader.ca, but it comes with a hefty asking price: almost $240,000 before tax. THANKS Neils for adding yet another car to my list...although my spouse will not say the same (lol).
agree with the NSX used prices, I think that is what drove it out of the competition, too high a price point with recent models, same for the Audi R8, price really took a leap upwards.

So likely for me the LC500 would likely win over the Emira, reliable Toyota engine and unbelievable stock exhaust sound. Easy to service and a unique look, not many on the road. But it is not a sports car more of a GT tourer which is fine by me.

I would have also said the GTR but I find it is a track purpose car and does not look it’s price point.

My end game is the ERay but have to try and get my name on a list once I get called for a SR.

Put snows on. Doubles the tire life of both sets. :)
Would not need snow tires. The Tires on the stingray are great in all weather and, as you know, we don't often get a lot of snow here in Lotus land. We did have a fair bit for a week up to Christmas; then, it starting raining and the snow dis:Cheers2:appeared quickly.

Would not need snow tires. The Tires on the stingray are great in all weather and, as you know, we don't often get a lot of snow here in Lotus land. We did have a fair bit for a week up to Christmas; then, it starting raining and the snow dis:Cheers2:appeared quickly.

agree with the NSX used prices, I think that is what drove it out of the competition, too high a price point with recent models, same for the Audi R8, price really took a leap upwards.

So likely for me the LC500 would likely win over the Emira, reliable Toyota engine and unbelievable stock exhaust sound. Easy to service and a unique look, not many on the road. But it is not a sports car more of a GT tourer which is fine by me.

I would have also said the GTR but I find it is a track purpose car and does not look it’s price point.

My end game is the ERay but have to try and get my name on a list once I get called for a SR.
I just ordered a LC 500. Dealers have limited allocation, some just 1 yearly. My 2019 Z06 coupe Z07 LT3 is fully optioned. I have the GM Option Codes for anyone interested, 10770 klms, Artic White, black interior. Tel. 519 212 8284

I just ordered a LC 500. Dealers have limited allocation, some just 1 yearly. My 2019 Z06 coupe Z07 LT3 is fully optioned. I have the GM Option Codes for anyone interested, 10770 klms, Artic White, black interior. Tel. 519 212 8284
do post pics of it once you get it or PM me, love the look of that car, especially when done up in the right color like in my pic

Thanks to Cariboocreek for being the inspiration for this thread...given his recent comments elsewhere about the new Z06 being on the "pricey" side for a Corvette and for that money, he could more readily see himself in a "late-teens" 360 Spyder (Ferrari) or "mid-teens" 650 GTS MacClaren. So assuming this isn't considered a "blasphemous topic" (if so: I'll ask the Mods to remove it) on a Z06 Forum, I'm wondering what other vehicles people could see themselves buying for around the same money. This should be any sports or performance-type vehicle from any year and any make/model. I'll ask you specify those 3 characteristics (year/make/model) and differentiate between a Coupe or Convertible. Up to you if you include approximate mileage for the vehicle you select. Slot in as many or as few vehicles for the various dollar levels below, as you want. Try to get pricing close, based upon sources such as Autotrader.ca after discounting the asking prices a bit, so we've hopefully got a realistic comparative. Up to you though. Provide reasons and comments about maintenance costs and reliability and any remaining warranties for your vehicle(s), if desired. And of course, feel free to reference other Corvette generations which have seen nice price increases lately or even (for example) specify 2 Corvettes you'd rather have parked in your garage in place of one 2023 Z06.

For those stuck "forever" on a Z06 wait list, this could be a handy reference if they get tired of waiting for their allocation...

To make it interesting, let's price the 2023 C8 Z06 at 6 levels, with all prices being in Canadian funds and guesstimated MSRP:

1. Coupe: 1LZ with no options (base car): $105,000 + tax
2. Coupe: 2LZ with some nice options: $130,000 + tax
3. Coupe: 3LZ "loaded": $165,000 + tax

4. Convertible: 1LZ with no options (base convertible): $115,000 + tax
5. Convertible: 2LZ with some nice options: $140,000 + tax
6. Convertible: 3LZ "loaded": $175,000 + tax

Who will carry on the discussion that Cariboocreek unknowingly started? Have fun!
2023 Lexus LC 500 all day long. Hart top bespoke special order with performance package to get upgraded diff and rear steering plus other handling improvements. 4 year warranty/80,000klms. $120,000 plus luxury and HST. Only 2,500 produced annually, unique and rarer than Vettes. Worth considering, but hard to come by as dealer allocation is very limited.

Reactions: Neils
2023 Lexus LC 500 all day long. Hart top bespoke special order with performance package to get upgraded diff and rear steering plus other handling improvements. 4 year warranty/80,000klms. $120,000 plus luxury and HST. Only 2,500 produced annually, unique and rarer than Vettes. Worth considering, but hard to come by as dealer allocation is very limited.
My friend bought one last year - limited edition model of some kind. I still prefer my Z51 C8 HTC though. I have not driven the LC500 - more a GT cruiser I suspect - with AS and all year car. I took a Lexus SUV out and did not like the ride - too soft for my liking - suspect LC has adjustable ride features and very smart looking.

IMHO, It's not so much the presence or absence of snow, but the temperature. I've found that summer only performance tires have traction dropping off sharply below 12-15°C, even on bare, dry pavement. All seasons drop off as well, but at slightly lower temps.
Case in point; the last time I had the C8 out, it was 9°C out, sunny, dry. I did a few launches on a semi deserted road. In Track mode, 2 touches to the traction button, and let 'er go. It struggled to get a bite on the pavement for maybe ¼ second, then threw me back in the seat. It still managed a 3.1, 3.0 and a 2.9. In the summer, the bite is instant.
It was 7-8 years ago I first tried a set of true winter tires. I was absolutely amazed. I Installed them, drove onto some shiny clear ice and gave the gas a jab, expecting wheelspin. Nope. It accelerated forward. (Chrysler 300)

IMHO, It's not so much the presence or absence of snow, but the temperature. I've found that summer only performance tires have traction dropping off sharply below 12-15°C, even on bare, dry pavement. All seasons drop off as well, but at slightly lower temps.
Case in point; the last time I had the C8 out, it was 9°C out, sunny, dry. I did a few launches on a semi deserted road. In Track mode, 2 touches to the traction button, and let 'er go. It struggled to get a bite on the pavement for maybe ¼ second, then threw me back in the seat. It still managed a 3.1, 3.0 and a 2.9. In the summer, the bite is instant.
It was 7-8 years ago I first tried a set of true winter tires. I was absolutely amazed. I Installed them, drove onto some shiny clear ice and gave the gas a jab, expecting wheelspin. Nope. It accelerated forward. (Chrysler 300)
Driven my C8 around town after I got it - Oct. 28/2021 in very low temperatures on dry/ wet roads - no issues - driving 60Km kind of thing - so, with A.S. not a problem here. Drove on hwy. 120km as well - no issues; however, if I were to drive it consistently all year I think I would be fine on the A.S. that come standard on the Stingray. I watched a UT video on the car being driven in all weather conditions - long trip in USA and the car performed very well. Not going to happen as I am hoping to trade for a E-Ray - so, I want to keep it as pristine as possible - put her to bed the end of October.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.