Thanks to Cariboocreek for being the inspiration for this thread...given his recent comments elsewhere about the new Z06 being on the "pricey" side for a Corvette and for that money, he could more readily see himself in a "late-teens" 360 Spyder (Ferrari) or "mid-teens" 650 GTS MacClaren. So assuming this isn't considered a "blasphemous topic" (if so: I'll ask the Mods to remove it) on a Z06 Forum, I'm wondering what other vehicles people could see themselves buying for around the same money. This should be any sports or performance-type vehicle from any year and any make/model. I'll ask you specify those 3 characteristics (year/make/model) and differentiate between a Coupe or Convertible. Up to you if you include approximate mileage for the vehicle you select. Slot in as many or as few vehicles for the various dollar levels below, as you want. Try to get pricing close, based upon sources such as Autotrader.ca after discounting the asking prices a bit, so we've hopefully got a realistic comparative. Up to you though. Provide reasons and comments about maintenance costs and reliability and any remaining warranties for your vehicle(s), if desired. And of course, feel free to reference other Corvette generations which have seen nice price increases lately or even (for example) specify 2 Corvettes you'd rather have parked in your garage in place of one 2023 Z06.

For those stuck "forever" on a Z06 wait list, this could be a handy reference if they get tired of waiting for their allocation...

To make it interesting, let's price the 2023 C8 Z06 at 6 levels, with all prices being in Canadian funds and guesstimated MSRP:

1. Coupe: 1LZ with no options (base car): $105,000 + tax
2. Coupe: 2LZ with some nice options: $130,000 + tax
3. Coupe: 3LZ "loaded": $165,000 + tax

4. Convertible: 1LZ with no options (base convertible): $115,000 + tax
5. Convertible: 2LZ with some nice options: $140,000 + tax
6. Convertible: 3LZ "loaded": $175,000 + tax

Who will carry on the discussion that Cariboocreek unknowingly started? Have fun!

Well I will bite. August Autocats in Kelowna (fyi its my dream disneyland) has a mid teens 650 Mclaren GTS for a touch over $200k. Don’t want to get into a “whats better” debate, but the Mclaren has been my dream car for years.

If I had a million and change I would buy the Senna.

Thanks to Cariboocreek for being the inspiration for this thread...given his recent comments elsewhere about the new Z06 being on the "pricey" side for a Corvette and for that money, he could more readily see himself in a "late-teens" 360 Spyder (Ferrari) or "mid-teens" 650 GTS MacClaren. So assuming this isn't considered a "blasphemous topic" (if so: I'll ask the Mods to remove it) on a Z06 Forum, I'm wondering what other vehicles people could see themselves buying for around the same money. This should be any sports or performance-type vehicle from any year and any make/model. I'll ask you specify those 3 characteristics (year/make/model) and differentiate between a Coupe or Convertible. Up to you if you include approximate mileage for the vehicle you select. Slot in as many or as few vehicles for the various dollar levels below, as you want. Try to get pricing close, based upon sources such as Autotrader.ca after discounting the asking prices a bit, so we've hopefully got a realistic comparative. Up to you though. Provide reasons and comments about maintenance costs and reliability and any remaining warranties for your vehicle(s), if desired. And of course, feel free to reference other Corvette generations which have seen nice price increases lately or even (for example) specify 2 Corvettes you'd rather have parked in your garage in place of one 2023 Z06.

For those stuck "forever" on a Z06 wait list, this could be a handy reference if they get tired of waiting for their allocation...

To make it interesting, let's price the 2023 C8 Z06 at 6 levels, with all prices being in Canadian funds and guesstimated MSRP:

Who will carry on the discussion that Cariboocreek unknowingly started? Have fun!
if prices are correct for 5, I would have to consider a 911 Targa 4 at $138,000. If the price is correct for number 6. I’d have a look at the 911 GT3 at $180,000.

if prices are correct for 5, I would have to consider a 911 Targa 4 at $138,000. If the price is correct for number 6. I’d have a look at the 911 GT3 at $180,000.

Thanks to all. But what year vehicles are you mentioning? Porsche typically hold their value and when I last checked the new Porsche higher-end vehicles were in outer space price-wise and more recently with the COVID market, older ones have gone up as well. I had plans "once upon a time" to buy a 2015 Porsche Turbo S with just over 20,000 km on it for the ($135,000 to) $145,000 asking price (plus tax) from the Calgary Porsche dealer, IF my 2020 C8 HTC allocation wasn't picked up or produced (it was, I missed the then GM deadline by 3 days). At that time, the Calgary Porsche dealer had 2 Turbo S cabriolets with similar mileage: the 2015 and a 2014 and they were asking the same $145,000 price for both...however I found an ad on the Alberta Kijiji for the 2015 at $135,000 before it was pulled, so I was going to use that in my negotiations...

Anyway, those prices are LONG GONE with COVID and both vehicles of course are long sold as well. I'd appreciate vehicle years for better context. Go Team GO!

Thanks to all. But what year vehicles are you mentioning? Porsche typically hold their value and when I last checked the new Porsche higher-end vehicles were in outer space price-wise and more recently with the COVID market, older ones have gone up as well. I had plans "once upon a time" to buy a 2015 Porsche Turbo S with just over 20,000 km on it for the ($135,000 to) $145,000 asking price (plus tax) from the Calgary Porsche dealer, IF my 2020 C8 HTC allocation wasn't picked up or produced (it was, I missed the then GM deadline by 3 days). At that time, the Calgary Porsche dealer had 2 Turbo S cabriolets with similar mileage: the 2015 and a 2014 and they were asking the same $145,000 price for both...however I found an ad on the Alberta Kijiji for the 2015 at $135,000 before it was pulled, so I was going to use that in my negotiations...

Anyway, those prices are LONG GONE with COVID and both vehicles of course are long sold as well. I'd appreciate vehicle years for better context. Go Team GO!
The prices I quoted are from the porsche.ca website. I would have to imagine that they are for 2021 models.

Attachments

• CD8F541A-6E1E-4291-827F-76A766772FBB.jpeg
    CD8F541A-6E1E-4291-827F-76A766772FBB.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 1493CF24-FB34-4207-9992-3557D1B63E50.jpeg
    1493CF24-FB34-4207-9992-3557D1B63E50.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 79
The prices I quoted are from the porsche.ca website. I would have to imagine that they are for 2021 models.

Thanks for that JohnP. Yes those are 2021's but absolute base models (zero options) and I've yet to see a base Porsche. GM took a page out of the Porsche handbook by giving us ++ options to order, to boost its profit. But if you look at the Porsche build options, they have a TON more to choose from compared to the C8 options. So IMO your comparisons are a bit off since you're putting base Porsche up against optioned Z06's. My friend bought a Porsche Turbo S (I know...a Turbo S) and spent minimum $50,000 on OEM options for it.

If you can get your hands on a 2022 R8 RWD then that's the car to get in comparison. Close in price ($180K), close in performance and desirability.

Otherwise you'd have to stretch your budget to get into a 2018-2019 991.2 GT3 but they seem to average around $210-230K at the moment. With regards to the 992 series 911, I'd rather stick with the C8 Stingray as its a better car IMO. The quality on the 911 is better but the C8 is close and I just love the performance, sound, and value proposition with the C8 (its definitely hard to beat).

Its hard to do these comparisons because the wait list factor of all brands....its bananas really. Unless you are already on a list of some sort then you are literally screwed with having to pay current market pricing. Best thing I ever did was get on the next C8 purchase and Z06 list.

I'm selling my 21 HTC next month and will be one of the lowest priced HTCs in Canada when it goes up. 15k on the odometer. Should be an interesting sale...

You got that right on the money

For a new vehicle, neither of Cariboo Al's choices are in the same money range... The Spyder he would have to buy a 15 to 20 year old to stay in the Z06 price range...In the teens he is looking at closer to $400k. The McLaren he might find a 650S 5 or 6 years old for $200k plus. If money is no object and you want a McLaren or a Ferrari, buy one. If you want a C8 Corvette ZO6, be prepared to wait. JMO

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.