Own/owned Range Rovers, I would not switch as their service is abysmal; also would never buy a BMW again; If was switching suvs it would be to a Porsche or back to MB
I cross shopped 2020 BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, and Mercedes GLE. BMW was the the best over all in my opinion. I now had it for 2.5 years/ 30,000km and not a single repair or trip to the dealer except for oil changes. I don't think it's fair to judge new gen models by reliability of their predecessors.

I cross shopped 2020 BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, and Mercedes GLE. BMW was the the best over all in my opinion. I now had it for 2.5 years/ 30,000km and not a single repair or trip to the dealer except for oil changes. I don't think it's fair to judge new gen models by reliability of their predecessors.
Well I owned a 2019 X5, Mercedes I previously owned was older; I did drive both the GLE and GLS, specially the GLE AMG 63, loved the GLE quite a lot but it was not on par with the cayenne nor the range rover. Own a 2021 RR and only reason chose it over the Cayenne was service level that was guaranteed to me vs. what Porsche was offering. Next time I'll most likely go with the Porsche or back to MB; X5 was older but not that old that I do not think it was not a valid comparison and I did take out a '21 and was not impressed any further then I was previously.

Experiences are very much individual though, and you've had a good experience so understandable you feel that way, but why would you switch to a RR then ? I'm curious

Well I owned a 2019 X5, Mercedes I previously owned was older; I did drive both the GLE and GLS, specially the GLE AMG 63, loved the GLE quite a lot but it was not on par with the cayenne nor the range rover. Own a 2021 RR and only reason chose it over the Cayenne was service level that was guaranteed to me vs. what Porsche was offering. Next time I'll most likely go with the Porsche or back to MB; X5 was older but not that old that I do not think it was not a valid comparison and I did take out a '21 and was not impressed any further then I was previously.

Experiences are very much individual though, and you've had a good experience so understandable you feel that way, but why would you switch to a RR then ? I'm curious
2020 X5 with M-Sport package with 22" wheels is great but it is a sporty/performance suv with average luxury. Now that I have a C8 for all my performance needs/wants, I want my SUV to be a silent boat that floats on top of the road. I also have my eye on a 2023 Mercedes S-class for the same reasons.

That is a fair assessment, BMW to me never brings luxury to the level the others do and the ride left me unfulfilled but performance was very good as you say. The RR will definitely give you what your after that I can guarantee, everything else that comes with it well that's up to you to assess.

As much as I love Corvettes, if I could only have 1 vehicle it would be a truck. Current one is a 2013 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel 6.7 6spd manual 4x4. Truck is tuned. HP same as C6 but the torque.....:cool:

my 1st choice is z06 2lz hardtop convertible, if it didn't exist I would keep my 2lt HTC C8, but if I could not get one at MSRP, I would be looking at brand new or slightly used latest gen (992) 911 cabriolet or BMW 8 series convertible.

I would never mess with old exotics.
Friends who own and constantly trade their exotics tell me that there are extremely good reasons "exotics" are only owned by one owner for a year or two... depreciation +++ and significant maintenance expenses. Happy Motoring!

Those with finances to afford an exotic are not worried about depreciation or maintenance typically. If you have that kind of money neither are usually a concern.
I will be picking one up within the next 1-2yrs, depreciation and maintenance do not concern me, it is the abuse most of these cars see during their lives for a good % of them. Original owners either baby them, which is what I want, or drive the crap out of them, which is definitely not what I want.

2022 Cadillac CTS Blackwing. 650+ Hp. 6spd manual gearbox.

Last month at the Spring Mountain driving school, aside from the 2 Corvette New Owner courses, they also had a Cadillac Blackwing New Owner school ongoing at the same time so I had the opportunity to both see and hear them zooming around the track. I was surprised when I asked our lead instructor about which Blackwing he'd prefer: the 6-speed manual or the 10-speed automatic paddle shifter version. He said "hands-down" it was the automatic version due to its more numerous gears which made for more better handling and more precise shifting on the track. But for the diehard fans of a stick, it's nice to see you can still get one in a performance vehicle.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.