Last month at the Spring Mountain driving school, aside from the 2 Corvette New Owner courses, they also had a Cadillac Blackwing New Owner school ongoing at the same time so I had the opportunity to both see and hear them zooming around the track. I was surprised when I asked our lead instructor about which Blackwing he'd prefer: the 6-speed manual or the 10-speed automatic paddle shifter version. He said "hands-down" it was the automatic version due to its more numerous gears which made for more better handling and more precise shifting on the track. But for the diehard fans of a stick, it's nice to see you can still get one in a performance vehicle.
Makes sense doesn’t it???? No one is about to out-shift the autoring!omatic…but, it is so much fun to pretend you are a racer by rowing the gears as long as you are not in downtown traffic. Happy Mortoring!

Thanks to Cariboocreek for being the inspiration for this thread...given his recent comments elsewhere about the new Z06 being on the "pricey" side for a Corvette and for that money, he could more readily see himself in a "late-teens" 360 Spyder (Ferrari) or "mid-teens" 650 GTS MacClaren. So assuming this isn't considered a "blasphemous topic" (if so: I'll ask the Mods to remove it) on a Z06 Forum, I'm wondering what other vehicles people could see themselves buying for around the same money. This should be any sports or performance-type vehicle from any year and any make/model. I'll ask you specify those 3 characteristics (year/make/model) and differentiate between a Coupe or Convertible. Up to you if you include approximate mileage for the vehicle you select. Slot in as many or as few vehicles for the various dollar levels below, as you want. Try to get pricing close, based upon sources such as Autotrader.ca after discounting the asking prices a bit, so we've hopefully got a realistic comparative. Up to you though. Provide reasons and comments about maintenance costs and reliability and any remaining warranties for your vehicle(s), if desired. And of course, feel free to reference other Corvette generations which have seen nice price increases lately or even (for example) specify 2 Corvettes you'd rather have parked in your garage in place of one 2023 Z06.

For those stuck "forever" on a Z06 wait list, this could be a handy reference if they get tired of waiting for their allocation...

To make it interesting, let's price the 2023 C8 Z06 at 6 levels, with all prices being in Canadian funds and guesstimated MSRP:

1. Coupe: 1LZ with no options (base car): $105,000 + tax
2. Coupe: 2LZ with some nice options: $130,000 + tax
3. Coupe: 3LZ "loaded": $165,000 + tax

4. Convertible: 1LZ with no options (base convertible): $115,000 + tax
5. Convertible: 2LZ with some nice options: $140,000 + tax
6. Convertible: 3LZ "loaded": $175,000 + tax

Who will carry on the discussion that Cariboocreek unknowingly started? Have fun!
Thanks to all. But what year vehicles are you mentioning? Porsche typically hold their value and when I last checked the new Porsche higher-end vehicles were in outer space price-wise and more recently with the COVID market, older ones have gone up as well. I had plans "once upon a time" to buy a 2015 Porsche Turbo S with just over 20,000 km on it for the ($135,000 to) $145,000 asking price (plus tax) from the Calgary Porsche dealer, IF my 2020 C8 HTC allocation wasn't picked up or produced (it was, I missed the then GM deadline by 3 days). At that time, the Calgary Porsche dealer had 2 Turbo S cabriolets with similar mileage: the 2015 and a 2014 and they were asking the same $145,000 price for both...however I found an ad on the Alberta Kijiji for the 2015 at $135,000 before it was pulled, so I was going to use that in my negotiations...

Anyway, those prices are LONG GONE with COVID and both vehicles of course are long sold as well. I'd appreciate vehicle years for better context. Go Team GO!

Not a fan of the McLaren - for me: too small, no room for anything - golf clubs or tennis gear or luggage and most of all crazy expensive to service - so, not very practical. Ferrari - same comments; however, I do like the 2002 Ferrari Spyder to 2004 and after that the the 430, 458 and 488 - but now talking serious dollars. My wife would go crazy if I bought a Ferrari. I bought a new SUV - so, could drive Ferrari in summer and use SUV if going golfing etc. If I can't get a Z06 - which is probably the case I am hoping to get the E-Ray: will have a lot of similarities to Z06, but, with AWD. I love my loaded 2022 3LT C8 HTC. Here in B.C. the taxes are crazy: 5% GST, 7% PST with additional PST based on price of the car. For example my 2022 C8 I paid 5% gst & 20% pst - thanks to the far left NDP government.

Wish upon the stars. Certainly a long wait for the Z06 , but @ my age can't afford to wait. I guess comfort and ride are my preferences for my next car. Thinking (less money) Mercedes AMG SLC or BMW Z will suit be just fine.

Thanks to Cariboocreek for being the inspiration for this thread...given his recent comments elsewhere about the new Z06 being on the "pricey" side for a Corvette and for that money, he could more readily see himself in a "late-teens" 360 Spyder (Ferrari) or "mid-teens" 650 GTS MacClaren. So assuming this isn't considered a "blasphemous topic" (if so: I'll ask the Mods to remove it) on a Z06 Forum, I'm wondering what other vehicles people could see themselves buying for around the same money. This should be any sports or performance-type vehicle from any year and any make/model. I'll ask you specify those 3 characteristics (year/make/model) and differentiate between a Coupe or Convertible. Up to you if you include approximate mileage for the vehicle you select. Slot in as many or as few vehicles for the various dollar levels below, as you want. Try to get pricing close, based upon sources such as Autotrader.ca after discounting the asking prices a bit, so we've hopefully got a realistic comparative. Up to you though. Provide reasons and comments about maintenance costs and reliability and any remaining warranties for your vehicle(s), if desired. And of course, feel free to reference other Corvette generations which have seen nice price increases lately or even (for example) specify 2 Corvettes you'd rather have parked in your garage in place of one 2023 Z06.

For those stuck "forever" on a Z06 wait list, this could be a handy reference if they get tired of waiting for their allocation...

To make it interesting, let's price the 2023 C8 Z06 at 6 levels, with all prices being in Canadian funds and guesstimated MSRP:

1. Coupe: 1LZ with no options (base car): $105,000 + tax
2. Coupe: 2LZ with some nice options: $130,000 + tax
3. Coupe: 3LZ "loaded": $165,000 + tax

4. Convertible: 1LZ with no options (base convertible): $115,000 + tax
5. Convertible: 2LZ with some nice options: $140,000 + tax
6. Convertible: 3LZ "loaded": $175,000 + tax

Who will carry on the discussion that Cariboocreek unknowingly started? Have fun!
Well we can add a substantial amount to that pricing now lol.

One may want to add in service costs which are crazy high for Ferrari and Maclaren. For the money IMHO the new Z06 is an awesome buy. The top pkg. 3LZ will compete with any of them in terms of interior quality and the new engine has them beat. Don't get me wrong, I am a Ferrari fan; but, if I am going to fork out $175K for a sports car, I will take the new Z06 HTC hands down vs much older brands mentioned.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
as an example: a brand new Porsche 911 base convertible with similar option to a Z06 2LT cames out $169,210
About that. Base model an S more: both would not have the performance of the Z06. To get it in a 911 you would be looking at $300K+. A three YO 911 Turbo S probable $250K +. Dealer here is on the other side of town. That would be the only Porsche I would consider; but, then no trunk: golf clubs etc would go on back seats. Service again is crazy on a 911. The Ferrari and then the 911 - most profitable cars for the mfg. - so, you are paying a premium for the name.

What about the Tesla Model S plaid edition? Would fit all the golf clubs you want, cost about the same as a Z06, and take your family along as well! Only half joking. Not sure if anyone has tracked this car
EV not for me - hee, hee. Vroom, vroom - LOL
My sons both say that are not that well made - no idea. I hate the front on them. The German mfg. I do like better - the EVs have grills and look like a car - LOL

an intrusive though popped into my mind that I can't shake: what if instead of spending $190,000 on a Z06, I upgrade my 2021 2LT HTC to a 2024 3LT HTC + 2024 Dodge Challenger RT ScatPack 392 Widebody?

19Dodge-Challenger-Jellybean-RTScatPackWB-Sublime.png

Last edited:
an intrusive though popped into my mind that I can't shake: what if instead of spending $190,000 on a Z06, I upgrade my 2021 2LT HTC to a 2024 3LT HTC + 2024 Dodge Challenger RT ScatPack 392 Widebody?

View attachment 103978
Nice car!!
If I could have my Z06 and another car it would be the Shelby GT500 Mustang. If I did this my wife would poison me or maybe be more overt in exacting her revenge - LOL.

If you're thinking Dodge instead of the Z06, you may as well go with the new proposed 2024 GME-T6 turbo.

2024-Dodge-Challenger-.jpg
I don't like the future model, there is something nostalgic about the outgoing Challenger with a 6.4L Hemi. If your prediction that "most of us" will not get a Z06 comes true, I will be happy with a C8 and a Challenger, but for now I am not ready to give up on a z06.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I don't like the future model, there is something nostalgic about the outgoing Challenger with a 6.4L Hemi. If your prediction that "most of us" will not get a Z06 comes true, I will be happy with a C8 and a Challenger, but for now I am not ready to give up on a z06.
I have to agree. The Challenger has that retro attraction. I bought a 340 duster back in 72 and pondered for a long time on a Cuda. New off the lot for $3,600. My how times have changed.

Yes the old days, I bought a black 340 dart swinger off of the showroom floor in 1970 for $3400.00
Love it!
I've posted this before, but I got a showroom floor '71 340 duster for $3100.00
Rotted out by '81.

1672667434104.jpeg

I have to agree. The Challenger has that retro attraction. I bought a 340 duster back in 72 and pondered for a long time on a Cuda. New off the lot for $3,600. My how times have changed.
Both were nice cars. I worked in the oil industry then and a colleague had a new Cuda 340 6 pack - I think I have it right - but , maybe not - LOL. What a fun car. He let me drive it to the bank one day - made my day!~!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.