High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Sounds stupid but I like the sham-wow :rofl:

Doesn't seem to retain any debris and dries really well. :)
[mob][/mob]

Woodstock Car Guy

Power User
Jun 8, 2009
Awards
Woodstock
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5
I own a california water blade and dislike it. It only works if the area is totally wet, any dry areas and you are dragging it squealling across the painted surface. Would not recommend.

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I use the water blade on the flatter parts and The Absorber on the rest. If it is really sunny, I'll dry the roof, hose down the rest of the car, dry the hood and deck lid, hose down the sides, then dry the sides starting with the side in the sun first. The wheels are always done last using a fresh bucket of water to ring any remaining dirt/debris/anything from the towel.

Red76

Aug 23, 2009
Awards
Weyburn, SK
VetteCoins
Car
1976 L48
I have been using the shamwow but now use it only if lots of water camped out on car, mostly use shammy but picked up a pack of microfibre towels which I will use next wash...see if that solves the streaking/spotting without an after-buff. I swear all these "spot-free rinse" places are what is killing me...shammy full of suds AFTER a hot rinse and then spot-free.

Red76

Aug 23, 2009
Awards
Weyburn, SK
VetteCoins
Car
1976 L48
I have a question...in my lack of foresight when washing car I pop the hatch and there is water lying in the sill outside the weatherstripping and water runs off hatch then disappears down the front in the pillar behind seats...is there a channel that drops it to the ground from there or is it collecting someplace I don't want it to?

SoulSurfer

Regular
Jan 29, 2009
Awards
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
I have a question...in my lack of foresight when washing car I pop the hatch and there is water lying in the sill outside the weatherstripping and water runs off hatch then disappears down the front in the pillar behind seats...is there a channel that drops it to the ground from there or is it collecting someplace I don't want it to?
It should have a channel. Once you find it, if you find that it is slow, you can run a flex wire through it to clear it.

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I use the Trans Canada, optimal drying speed is 220k.The Absorber works great too.

You find it takes driving 220 km's before your car is dry after washing it? :D One question is that if you just washed your car then take it on the Trans Canada, do you not get more bugs on your car?

Note, we have rules on driving excessive speeds on public roads.:nono: Keep it on the track and keep it safe!

Good Question Red76! I have noticed the same thing and just assumed that because I don't have a pool in my car, it must be draining somewhere. Good to know about using a flex line to clear it out if it is slow.

08z0666

Jun 1, 2010
Awards
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Z06
You find it takes driving 220 km's before your car is dry after washing it? :D One question is that if you just washed your car then take it on the Trans Canada, do you not get more bugs on your car?

Note, we have rules on driving excessive speeds on public roads.:nono: Keep it on the track and keep it safe!

Good Question Red76! I have noticed the same thing and just assumed that because I don't have a pool in my car, it must be draining somewhere. Good to know about using a flex line to clear it out if it is slow.

OMG. You sure have a tight exhaust pipe dont you.:rofl:

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Toihgt like a tiger.

Red76

Aug 23, 2009
Awards
Weyburn, SK
VetteCoins
Car
1976 L48
Ok after a couple washes and drying sessions with the mini micro-fibre towels my cars are never getting touched with a shammy again...these things are AMAZING! No streaks no swirls no spots, and it only takes 2 of these little mini's (bought a 6-pack at WalMart) one for the major drying and 2nd for the "buff" dry.

not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Awards
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
I use a microfiber towel.

Postie

Feb 28, 2009
Awards
Cold lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Myself I use recieving blankets thats for babies. Not that I have any just my car, only way back when lol. 100% cotton and soft, leaves no fibers

Users who are viewing this thread