Amen to the soft water wash. My outside faucet is unsoftened water and the water spots it leaves are disheartening when you miss drying an area or it dries before you have dried it.
I recently washed it at a buddies with softened water and if took far less effort. Think I'll be doing some plumbing soon to run softened water outside for car washing.

Amen to the soft water wash. My outside faucet is unsoftened water and the water spots it leaves are disheartening when you miss drying an area or it dries before you have dried it.
I recently washed it at a buddies with softened water and if took far less effort. Think I'll be doing some plumbing soon to run softened water outside for car washing.

If you have a garage, install soft water taps in there ......then you can leave the yard outlet for grass and flower watering and general cleanup.

A cold and hot tap in the garage is nice too since you're plumbing anyway.:D

Soft water on the paint is sooooo much better.

C.

I tried cleaning the windshield with those blue roll towels that CTC sells. There is something in them that leaves a smear. I got a bundle of microfibre towels at Costco and they are excellent. I usually take off most of the water then finish with the cloths. I'll have to try the leaf blower.

Are those microfiber towels one-time use, or can they be washed and used again ?

My daily driver gets an old synthetic chamois run over it quickly every now and again ... I'm going to have to start paying attention to the finer things in "detailing" life ! :)

As Collin has said, they are washable. I do this all the time; however if they are showing any sign of enough washing, the wife will take them for dusters. The things are cheap enough that having lots on hand is not a problem....same as replacing them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread