Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Has anyone tried out the " Whats my car worth " on Autotrader?

Was talking to a dealer yesterday on a 911 Turbo S and was shocked to find out a couple of things- They use this for value, what the C8 is worth with no mileage on it, and furthermore what the adjust pricing seems to be now on a almost new Porsche 911 Turbo S - Check it out - you do not need to put in your vin just select "car details" - The market is quickly adjusting again! Very quickly in fact...
Time to keep tucking away $ and I would expect if anyone is moving to another car this time next year be ready - or just keep it - Rates should be down and opportunity should be there - at least that is what the Auto Dealers I spoke too believe... Many of the cars for sale right now I believe are older stock dealers have too much money in regardless of brand - possibly?

Reactions: Murray20c8
Has anyone tried out the " Whats my car worth " on Autotrader?

Was talking to a dealer yesterday on a 911 Turbo S and was shocked to find out a couple of things- They use this for value, what the C8 is worth with no mileage on it, and furthermore what the adjust pricing seems to be now on a almost new Porsche 911 Turbo S - Check it out - you do not need to put in your vin just select "car details" - The market is quickly adjusting again! Very quickly in fact...
Time to keep tucking away $ and I would expect if anyone is moving to another car this time next year be ready - or just keep it - Rates should be down and opportunity should be there - at least that is what the Auto Dealers I spoke too believe... Many of the cars for sale right now I believe are older stock dealers have too much money in regardless of brand - possibly?
I just entered a 2023 c8 coupe 2lt 1,000 km and got back a price of 75,000 . Said it was a wholesale price. Then a list of dealers willing to buy it. LOL LOL LOL

2023, 2LT, 1000km coupe.

Ontario postal code. Dealer told me they no longer take c8s on trade. Wholesale out at time of deal. Understand off make to them.

1000007765.jpg

2023, 2LT, 1000km coupe.

Ontario postal code. Dealer told me they no longer take c8s on trade. Wholesale out at time of deal. Understand off make to them.

View attachment 119152
And what do you think they would list it for on their lot if you bit and sold yours to them? The estimate calculator doesn’t take into account the potential options obviously given the small spread in the quoted price range offered. Just the z-51 option alone would put you at the high side .

Last edited:
Retail is $10k more. Add warranties, fees, insurance products, etc., a dealer would easily make $15-20,000 in profit on a sale.
Agreed. Easily, even accounting for first year depreciation . Warranty is transferable of course. They would maybe change the oil and wash it and laugh all the way to the bank, lol .

The markets are slowly correcting themselves. I would not trade at 86k obviously , but, it sures makes ya think twice in so much as gone are the days of paying a surcharge over list. I paid MSRP, like many I suppose on a C8. I'm okay with that. I also think some form of depreciation is working its way back into the market. Will it heavily impact C8 values, time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
The markets are slowly correcting themselves. I would not trade at 86k obviously , but, it sures makes ya think twice in so much as gone are the days of paying a surcharge over list. I paid MSRP, like many I suppose on a C8. I'm okay with that. I also think some form of depreciation is working its way back into the market. Will it heavily impact C8 values, time will tell.
I hear ya . Personally I don’t really care that much as I don’t foresee ever selling it. It goes to my Grandson in my will ! He’s in for a surprise someday.