I use the water blade on the flatter parts and The Absorber on the rest. If it is really sunny, I'll dry the roof, hose down the rest of the car, dry the hood and deck lid, hose down the sides, then dry the sides starting with the side in the sun first. The wheels are always done last using a fresh bucket of water to ring any remaining dirt/debris/anything from the towel.

I have been using the shamwow but now use it only if lots of water camped out on car, mostly use shammy but picked up a pack of microfibre towels which I will use next wash...see if that solves the streaking/spotting without an after-buff. I swear all these "spot-free rinse" places are what is killing me...shammy full of suds AFTER a hot rinse and then spot-free.

I have a question...in my lack of foresight when washing car I pop the hatch and there is water lying in the sill outside the weatherstripping and water runs off hatch then disappears down the front in the pillar behind seats...is there a channel that drops it to the ground from there or is it collecting someplace I don't want it to?

I have a question...in my lack of foresight when washing car I pop the hatch and there is water lying in the sill outside the weatherstripping and water runs off hatch then disappears down the front in the pillar behind seats...is there a channel that drops it to the ground from there or is it collecting someplace I don't want it to?
It should have a channel. Once you find it, if you find that it is slow, you can run a flex wire through it to clear it.

I use the Trans Canada, optimal drying speed is 220k.The Absorber works great too.

You find it takes driving 220 km's before your car is dry after washing it? :D One question is that if you just washed your car then take it on the Trans Canada, do you not get more bugs on your car?

Note, we have rules on driving excessive speeds on public roads.:nono: Keep it on the track and keep it safe!

Good Question Red76! I have noticed the same thing and just assumed that because I don't have a pool in my car, it must be draining somewhere. Good to know about using a flex line to clear it out if it is slow.

You find it takes driving 220 km's before your car is dry after washing it? :D One question is that if you just washed your car then take it on the Trans Canada, do you not get more bugs on your car?

Note, we have rules on driving excessive speeds on public roads.:nono: Keep it on the track and keep it safe!

Good Question Red76! I have noticed the same thing and just assumed that because I don't have a pool in my car, it must be draining somewhere. Good to know about using a flex line to clear it out if it is slow.

OMG. You sure have a tight exhaust pipe dont you.:rofl:

Ok after a couple washes and drying sessions with the mini micro-fibre towels my cars are never getting touched with a shammy again...these things are AMAZING! No streaks no swirls no spots, and it only takes 2 of these little mini's (bought a 6-pack at WalMart) one for the major drying and 2nd for the "buff" dry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.