Been trying to log on several times today and yesterday. Took forever before finally getting on. Just wondering if anybody else is having similar problem?

It has been over a minute to log on and sometimes I finally just log off as my patience runs out. I have closed down the browser on occasion and restarted but to no avail. Bummer!!!

Problem here but I figured it was related to boarder security or possibly the US Gov't shut down .My fax machine also choked and I lost my satellite Dish .

Despite everything I got two real nice Tee shirts in the mail today.:seeya:

It's been frustrating as well here sometimes; both on my laptop using IE and on my Blackberry so it is not my internet connection. Other websites are lightening fast. Too many users now for the server??

I know Colin has told me of issues in the past, but from what I understand, those were resolved. I myself haven't had any problems but will try to ask around to see if anything sticks out! I don't want this forum making people mad!

One solution is to never log out! :D

Problem here but I figured it was related to boarder security or possibly the US Gov't shut down .My fax machine also choked and I lost my satellite Dish .

Despite everything I got two real nice Tee shirts in the mail today.:seeya:

Glad to hear that the mail is working fairly well at least. I mailed them out last Tuesday -- so not bad for cross border surface mail.

Cheers, ware them with pride....:D

Colin

7:30 this a.m. google came back with message page cannot be displayed. Something is fubar with the site I am certain. I never had any problems logging on in past. Hope someone can figure it out. I contacted Rogers just to be sure they were not the problem and they said all is fine with system. Just my 2 cents.

Got this email from Google:

Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 1 errors while attempting to access your robots.txt. To ensure that we didn't crawl any pages listed in that file, we postponed our crawl. Your site's overall robots.txt error rate is 100.0%.

Recommended action
If the site error rate is 100%:

Using a web browser, attempt to access http://canadiancorvetteforums.com/robots.txt. If you are able to access it from your browser, then your site may be configured to deny access to googlebot. Check the configuration of your firewall and site to ensure that you are not denying access to googlebot.
If your robots.txt is a static page, verify that your web service has proper permissions to access the file.
If your robots.txt is dynamically generated, verify that the scripts that generate the robots.txt are properly configured and have permission to run. Check the logs for your website to see if your scripts are failing, and if so attempt to diagnose the cause of the failure.

If the site error rate is less than 100%:

Using Webmaster Tools, find a day with a high error rate and examine the logs for your web server for that day. Look for errors accessing robots.txt in the logs for that day and fix the causes of those errors.
The most likely explanation is that your site is overloaded. Contact your hosting provider and discuss reconfiguring your web server or adding more resources to your website.
If your site redirects to another hostname, another possible explanation is that a URL on your site is redirecting to a hostname whose serving of its robots.txt file is exhibiting one or more of these issues.

If someone can decode the nerd talk for me, that would be great but it seems like the little forum is growing and may be overloaded so I'll have to talk to our provider about that. However, we did have 154 users a couple months back without issues so I am not totally convinced this is it. The search continues...and I had trouble logging on last night.

Just had trouble opening the site from my phone a couple of minutes ago. Tried three times and now it's working.

Access is still sporadic for me -- tho I've not been denied access, it is slow at times.

I'm checking my security settings to be sure, but usually they don't cause any hangups.

C.