Jun 3, 2023
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Z51 1LT
Province
BC
Hey everyone,

I took delivery of my hypersonic grey C8 last week and I love it. I practically giggle every time I get in it. I’ve had a c5 and a c6, but the C8 is just spectacular.

With that said, the dealership experience was horrific. I bought it through Dueck Downtown in Vancouver. I saw the finance manager one evening, paid in full and was scheduled to pick up the vehicle the next morning at noon. I received a call that morning from their sales manager saying they wouldn’t sell me the car unless I did a one year in house lease and it was a take it or leave it thing. It was beyond maddening, but I wanted the car. Anybody else have a similar experience? The car is so nice it is hard to stay mad, but is there any point issuing a complaint to GM or the VSA?

• Wow
Reactions: BCL and Rruuff Day
Well, that’s absolutely BS ! I would report the dealer to the top , as high as you could go. Being a former GM tech I find that conduct incredibly poor and heavy handed ! Imho

Reactions: BCL
In my humble opinion, RaincityRob, a complaint to GM or anyone else would only keep brewing the frustration in your mind. You've got your C8 now. Life is good. Forget the dick. Enjoy the road. ☀️

Hey everyone,

I took delivery of my hypersonic grey C8 last week and I love it. I practically giggle every time I get in it. I’ve had a c5 and a c6, but the C8 is just spectacular.

With that said, the dealership experience was horrific. I bought it through Dueck Downtown in Vancouver. I saw the finance manager one evening, paid in full and was scheduled to pick up the vehicle the next morning at noon. I received a call that morning from their sales manager saying they wouldn’t sell me the car unless I did a one year in house lease and it was a take it or leave it thing. It was beyond maddening, but I wanted the car. Anybody else have a similar experience? The car is so nice it is hard to stay mad, but is there any point issuing a complaint to GM or the VSA?
Just wondering what was there justification for the lease?

I’d also be inclined to see what arms length organizations like the Better Business Bureau have to say about those tactics. It may very well be against consumer protection rules.

I was asked to sign a 1-year loan for my 2020...at 0% interest and with the dealership reimbursing me for ALL costs associated with the loan. I'd intended to pay cash, but as a courtesy to the dealership (I was ++ happy to get a 2020 allocation and they gave me good service), I agreed to finance 50% of the car. I found it odd that the dealership made any profit under those circumstances, but they did. Not that this compares to the OP situation, which is terrible, but it indicates how dealers make money off of financing. Welcome to the world of car dealership finance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread