ordered a 2015 1LT from Dueck Richmond on July 8/14....still at status 1100.

Anyone else order from Dueck? if so, when and what is your current status?

You need to very specific with the dealer and ask if they have an allocation from GM for your car. If they don't then you will sit in limbo for some time, that's why your currently at 1100. I would really press them. If your ok getting it next spring then that might work for them and you. Find out how many allocations they are getting a month, how many people are in line ahead of you and do the math. You can't just put down a deposit and hope it shows up, educate yourself on the process and push your dealer, move on to someone else if need be. I live in London, Ont, the local dealers couldn't get me one they had only a couple of allocations in 2013, early 14. I went to Toronto to a big Corvette dealer eventually.

The U.S Corvette forums have a lot of info on the allocation process and purchasing process if you need to learn more about how it all works.

A bit of confirmation on this C7Driver is DEAD ON. 1100 ONLY means an order is accepted by GM and GM doesn't action it whatsoever. The dealer has to attach an allocation to this for it to go anywhere. Keep in mind that it is typical for dealers to accept orders based on 'hopeful' allocations as were seen in many instances this past year, and as well, they may bump someone ahead of you for any number of reasons. I actually DROPPED my order with the apparent largest dealership in Canada because I was put on a waiting list, they would not submit my order and then provide me with an order number , they would not discuss my positioning in that list, and, in short, communication was not as I felt it should be for a guy dishing out so much money for a new car. Is it possible I would have received that car by now? Absolutely and the dealership has a great rep but, well, I am a lover of transparency and having confidence in my purchase. It wasn't there. I moved on and am quite happy waiting for my Z06 now.

If I were you, I would accept no less than the dealership letting you know if and when they expect to have an allocation for you, as well as where you might stand in any line they might have. The problem is, if you are in a smaller dealership, they may get ONLY ONE allocation per year yet will gladly take a deposit and order that puts you at 1100, in hopes of getting another allocation... The chances are you would never have your order fulfilled from such a dealership. I know. My local dealership explained that to me and they do only get one per year.

Last edited:
Totally concur with all of the above advice on Allocation. I two ordered from a small dealer last year and after an allocation could not be provided was promised the first allocation that dealership had in 2015...guess what, someone with beefier order than mine bumped me on the 2015 and I only found out through a slip up the dealer made. I did my research understanding as much as possible from each dealer on how many they sold last year and how many they expected this year. i went with a dealer that sold 20+ last year and I would be number 4 on their list which made me quite comfortable. Each dealer SHOULD get what they got last year as a minimum..The biggest in Ontario who also has the largest waiting list sold close to 70. Placed the order then made the dealer email me a confirmation of the order number and bill of sale stating I was number 4 on their allocation list. Most importantly i called every week to see how things were going, sometimes twice a week. Don't like being a ballbuster but the squeaky wheel often gets the oil..

Anyway, long story short by the time I take delivery in early November it will be close to a year since I originally place my first order and had I have done a little more research(which is more readily available this year) i could have saved myself alot of heart ache.

wish you the best of luck!

i went with a dealer that sold 20+ last year and I would be number 4 on their list which made me quite comfortable. Each dealer SHOULD get what they got last year as a minimum..The biggest in Ontario who also has the largest waiting list sold close to 70. Placed the order then made the dealer email me a confirmation of the order number and bill of sale stating I was number 4 on their allocation list.

when did you place your order? when is your tentative production week?

cheers

Order was in early june for the 2015...tpw is Oct 13..

Not ideal but i am happy to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

very similar timeline to mine.. order date was in early May, and my TPW is end of Sept. Delivery seems to be anywhere from 4 to 21 days after the build date based on what I have been reading.

Hopefully we will be able to drive it for at least a couple of weeks before temps dip down

cool...have changed my color four times...started with white finalized on torch red.

Mine is a ZF1 as well, NPP, Black wheels, red calipers,red interior, transparent roof( not my choice need to push my order through constraints).

Humberview

cool...have changed my color four times...started with white finalized on torch red.

Mine is a ZF1 as well, NPP, Black wheels, red calipers,red interior, transparent roof( not my choice need to push my order through constraints).

Humberview

You will love the transparent roof. I would not give that up. Its the best option I put on the car.

The transparent roof is extremely light weight and made of hard scratch-resistant plastic. So it shouldnt scratch easily but if you take it through too many auto car washes it may get scratched like any other metal body panel.

I know this piece is also available as an after-market accessory so if you would like to get it as a second roof you can always purchase it seperately if your C7 Coupe didnt come with it. I think after-market goes for around $ 1000 and the OEM is around $ 1800 but Im not sure.

He's right , scratch resistant is just that, it's a plastic after all. I would never take it thru a car wash unless it was a touchless. Then again I wouldn't take my C7 to any automatic car wash even a touchless unless I was in a real bind and had no choice.

My initial impression when I sat in the 14 with one was like it was a clear plastic top and nothing more... very easily scratched...albeit it is CF. It just felt....sorry but... cheap. There would be absolutely no protection from CF in a roll.

My initial impression when I sat in the 14 with one was like it was a clear plastic top and nothing more... very easily scratched...albeit it is CF. It just felt....sorry but... cheap. There would be absolutely no protection from CF in a roll.

The clear top is not CF (Carbon Fibre) it is Lexan, totally different. Lexan is a scratch resistant plastic. Carbon fibre which the painted and CF tops are made from (I have a CF top) is extremely strong, in fact it has been used in many race car applications to make them stronger and safer in crashes. The transparent top is Lexan plastic. My CF top is not transparent, here is what it looks like on Torch Red car...

090613_16.jpg

Ooooooooo. I like the look of the CF top. As for the transparent top, They've been making these out of plastic since the C4 so I imagine they should have most of the issues worked out. Treat the top well and it'll last a long time. My transparent top on my C5 still looks new.

You will love the transparent roof. I would not give that up. Its the best option I put on the car.

Thanks, you know I would have never thought to order it but to be honest I am quite excited about that option now. Will be ordering the aftermarket insert for $149.00 for those hot days for sure. I imagine for the early spring /fall days and night time driving it must be quite cool..

Even better GM just moved my tpw up two weeks...now sept 29th...I am really starting to think I may actually get this car after all :driving::driving:

The transparent roof is extremely light weight and made of hard scratch-resistant plastic. So it shouldnt scratch easily but if you take it through too many auto car washes it may get scratched like any other metal body panel.

I know this piece is also available as an after-market accessory so if you would like to get it as a second roof you can always purchase it seperately if your C7 Coupe didnt come with it. I think after-market goes for around $ 1000 and the OEM is around $ 1800 but Im not sure.

Dealer cost on the transparent roof at time of order is around $920 i am told...

Even better GM just moved my tpw up two weeks...now sept 29th...I am really starting to think I may actually get this car after all :driving::driving:

that's awesome,.. looks like our cars are being built at the same time and will be on the same truck heading up to Toronto :coolgleam:

Hopefully the TPW won't change again... my last TPW was supposed to be on Sep 8th and then it jumped up to Sep 29.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.