Very nice !! I like the Crystal Red :)

By the way notice much Orange Peel on the side panels. Mine has quite a bit, if you don't look closely it won't bother you much. I may end up wet sanding mine next spring to flatten out the clear coat.

ry%3D480

I will check it this weekend. By the time we got home last night it was dark.

Saw mine today. dealer is doing the 3M, hope to pick it up Sat. I will go over it with a fine tooth comb (not really, just inspect it thoroughly). Looks much better then in photos. Does anyone know how to remove those awful safety stickers on the visors?

Saw mine today. dealer is doing the 3M, hope to pick it up Sat. I will go over it with a fine tooth comb (not really, just inspect it thoroughly). Looks much better then in photos. Does anyone know how to remove those awful safety stickers on the visors?

Guys on the U.S forums say you can't remove them without damaging the visor, they have been covering them up with black vinyl stickies or carbon flash vinyl, cut to size. I've learned to ignore them.

I had the 3M paint protection done on the front bumper, rocker panels and back of the mirrors. Works very nicely for bug splatters, really can't tell it's there unless you look for the line.

Last edited:

You can cover the visor labels with a product called 3M Di-Noc or what sounds something like that. I just went ahead and bought two of something similar from a US vendor rather than try to track it down here.

I checked the web. Rubbing alcohol and some gentle heat from a hair dryer seem to work. I will research more and very carefully try to get rid of these stickers.

Has anyone applied the 3M to the door sills? Seems they get scratched entering and exiting the car.

Not yet. I have an appointment today to get a firm quote on getting the car done in XPEL (much better then the 3M) and checking the operation out.

Over the phone they quoted me $1000 to do:
- Head lights and Mirrors
- Full hood
- Full fender
- Full front bumper
- Optional $100 for 2 door edges, 2 door cups, and trunk ledge

But I was thinking full doors and rocker panels also.

Will report back!

Has anyone applied the 3M to the door sills? Seems they get scratched entering and exiting the car.

Great idea, I worry about that as well, and ladies finger nails when they open the door. I just act like a gentleman and always open the door for my wife. She has no idea why I am opening the door for her always :D I will never tell, I will just collect the brownie points!

Not yet. I have an appointment today to get a firm quote on getting the car done in XPEL (much better then the 3M) and checking the operation out.

Over the phone they quoted me $1000 to do:
- Head lights and Mirrors
- Full hood
- Full fender
- Full front bumper
- Optional $100 for 2 door edges, 2 door cups, and trunk ledge

But I was thinking full doors and rocker panels also.

Will report back!

Guys that did mine and they are a big operation, been around a very long time said the door cups are near impossible to keep the stuff on and thought it best not to do it. Suggested it would curl over time, would get messy. There are a lot of folks that really like Xpel but I found it hard to find someone in the area that applies it, here only 3M is used I found after calling around, there aren't that many places that apply any of this stuff. Toronto is probably a little easier to locate folks that do than here in London.

$1000 for all that is a very good price. I'm paying almost the same with less 3M, front bumper, 1/2 hood, 1/2 front panels, door sills,should have waited and f/u with you guys after the work was done.

Well just got back from the shop. They definitely know what they are doing, but PPF is not their main business, they mainly do car wraps. This shop did Deadmau5's Purrari ( a fully wrapped Ferrari 458 Italia ) for the Gumball Rally.
link to video

He took a bunch of measurements and is gong to send me a full quote. But looks like it's going to be around 1800, but that will be full front end to the doors, rocker panels, doors, door sills and roof. He was very particular about the full door, and said he'd like to remove the mirrors so there would be no seams.

They were currently working on a new M3 and an Audi TT in the shop.

Ordered - TPW 0ct 13 - Torch Red coupe with Z51

I put a deposit down on a car last year that didn't work out so after ordering a 15 on the first available week of June this year I now have a TPW of OCT 13..not great considering I live north of Toronto and should have it the first week of November but atleast I am getting a car finally..its been a journey!

Torch Red 1Lt
Adrenaline Red interior
ZF1 package
Black wheels
Red calipers
Transparent roof
and of course - NPP exhaust..

cant wait...!

I ordered March 2/14. My car arrived at the dealer last Thursday. They were to apply the 3M and I was to pick it up Monday. Now it looks like it will be ready Wednesday. If I didn't see the car there I wouldn't believe them. This just keeps on going :swear:

I put a deposit down on a car last year that didn't work out so after ordering a 15 on the first available week of June this year I now have a TPW of OCT 13..not great considering I live north of Toronto and should have it the first week of November but atleast I am getting a car finally..its been a journey!

Torch Red 1Lt
Adrenaline Red interior
ZF1 package
Black wheels
Red calipers
Transparent roof
and of course - NPP exhaust..

cant wait...!

Nice your going to have it, not so great just before the snow flies. At first I was going to wait until next spring for a 2015 but the dealer got a surprise allocation in May so I took it. Had the car July 31st. You will love it once you finally get to drive it, beautiful cars !! I have the ZF1 package, really like the look, never planned to track the car.

ordered a 2015 1LT from Dueck Richmond on July 8/14....still at status 1100.

Anyone else order from Dueck? if so, when and what is your current status?

Jango,
I ordered a Z51 2LT convertible from Duecks in Richmond, March 7, 2014.

3 weeks ago, I cancelled the order, and bought a Z51 3LT convertible on eBay.
Exactly the same as I ordered, except it is 3LT rather than 2LT.....
Triple black, manual, Magnetic ride, dual mode exhaust, Chrome wheels, etc., etc.

After exchange and shipping it is about the same price as the 2015 I (maybe even this year) would have finally got through Duecks.

I was looking at people here who ordered much later than me, and have a delivery date
of September, and that was extremely frustrating.

Obviously there is some problem with GM and Duecks with regard to allocation and/or constraints, or ???

Duecks told me they were given 6 allocations, and they had 16 orders waiting,
so I guess losing my purchase didn't make any difference to them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.