If he got 8 allocations and you are the first...and you are still at 1100 after 8 weeks... I think you might not be the first.

Have you questioned them? Do they have a 'no winter' delivery policy which means all 8 allocations are for the Spring?

If he got 8 allocations and you are the first...and you are still at 1100 after 8 weeks... I think you might not be the first.

Have you questioned them? Do they have a 'no winter' delivery policy which means all 8 allocations are for the Spring?

Yes that seems off...sounds like they may have either greatly exaggerated their allocation or perhaps they bumped a long time customer with a bigger richer configuration ahead of you..keep calling them twice a week to see there your order stands..top of mind and abit of a squeaky wheel sometimes helps.

You know I am reading all this about orders, allocations, constraints, dealers lying, GM lying and on and on. I just have to wonder if General Motors and their distribution network is perhaps one of the most screwed up business models ever developed? We (governments) bailed them out but that did not take stupid away from running the show. Stupidity seems to be very much still in command though certainly not in control.

Really sit back and read this stuff. If true it is total nonsense. If I had an order for a C7 and was constantly guessing at the status of my order I would have a new Viper sitting in the garage.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I have to say the MOST confidence I have seen from GM came from our friend here Owais who told me that he would have a fall delivery, and then exceeded that. He then stated he would have a Z06 allocation (and even posted that) and sure as heck he did.

My experiences have been not so impressive with my initial; cancelled order, but moreso the people i met along the way that had much worse experiences waiting from last year.

It just seems like such a simple thing for GM to mandate that dealers keep customers in the know and provide them with written proof of allocation as soon as possible. EVERY person who has put down a down payment and been told they have a Z06 allocation, IN MY OPINION, should have supporting documentation from the GM Rep...not the dealership who can later pull a fast one. As much as we want to believe they wouldn't (and I am sure the majority are great dealerships) there are those that would.

Americans buying Z06s KNOW they are buying a Z06. They have the price. Canada is only getting a trace few; is it so hard to take care of these?

Last but not least, I am pretty vocal on 3 Vette Forums and have had pm's (and later spoken to) several people who gladly plunked 5K down only to find out it WAS NOT on an allocation, but rather, hopes of an allocation....some of these that say very clearly 'NON-REFUNDABLE'. So what... these people have to wait until next Fall to get that deposit back or be convinced into next years model?

The best GM could do with their most expensive car to date is provide those buying one with a Thank You and Congrats letter that confirms that we have, in fact, been granted an allocation, with an approximate build date (ie Spring/Summer/Fall). This woulkd sure settle ther masses and I am sure it is similar with the Stingray.

Last edited:
The best GM could do with their most expensive car to date is provide those buying one with a Thank You and Congrats letter that confirms that we have, in fact, been granted an allocation, with an approximate build date (ie Spring/Summer/Fall). This woulkd sure settle ther masses and I am sure it is similar with the Stingray.

Love this idea.. absolutely!

Yes, you are absolutely right. I have to say the MOST confidence I have seen from GM came from our friend here Owais who told me that he would have a fall delivery, and then exceeded that. He then stated he would have a Z06 allocation (and even posted that) and sure as heck he did.

My experiences have been not so impressive with my initial; cancelled order, but moreso the people i met along the way that had much worse experiences waiting from last year.

It just seems like such a simple thing for GM to mandate that dealers keep customers in the know and provide them with written proof of allocation as soon as possible. EVERY person who has put down a down payment and been told they have a Z06 allocation, IN MY OPINION, should have supporting documentation from the GM Rep...not the dealership who can later pull a fast one. As much as we want to believe they wouldn't (and I am sure the majority are great dealerships) there are those that would.

Americans buying Z06s KNOW they are buying a Z06. They have the price. Canada is only getting a trace few; is it so hard to take care of these?

Last but not least, I am pretty vocal on 3 Vette Forums and have had pm's (and later spoken to) several people who gladly plunked 5K down only to find out it WAS NOT on an allocation, but rather, hopes of an allocation....some of these that say very clearly 'NON-REFUNDABLE'. So what... these people have to wait until next Fall to get that deposit back or be convinced into next years model?

The problem is that each dealership is an independent business, and so GM has only limited control over how they conduct their business, and no control over how the allocate their inventory. So they cannot make promises or assurances re delivery on Stingray, because the dealer determines the order the cars are built, not GM.. Not right, but reality....

The challenge for 2015 is that GM did not give a complete allocation number to their dealers, only an initial allotment number, so it leaves dealers unsure what they can or cannot guarantee. That said, if you have 12 allotments and 6 sales, you can be pretty confident in your guarantee of delivery. If you have 12 allotments and 16 sales, you can be reasonably sure that you will get them all, but cannot guarantee it. If you have 12 allotments and 30 orders, you can be very sure that you won't get them all, and better be clear about that risk to the last 15 or so that you take deposits from.

The problem for the consumer is that many of the salespeople they talk to have no idea of their allotment situation, how many they are getting or even how many they have sold, and so get misled, or, in a lot of cases, don't even know to ask the right questions until it is too late.

Solution 1, not every GM dealer should be able to sell Corvettes. Cadillac is a restricted brand, that not every dealer can sell, Corvette should be no different. You should need sales and service proficiency and experience, and an investment in both, to earn the RIGHT to sell GM's flagship car.

Solution 2, not every salesperson at a CORVETTE dealer should be able to sell them, or speak to customers about them. You should need training and experience to earn the RIGHT to sell GM's flagship car.

Solution 3, GM should end the manual allotment process that allows dealers to determine which car they build with an available allotment, and just build them based on the order in which they were submitted to GM. This eliminates the games, whereby the dealers' buddy, without a deposit, can walk in and bump all of the other orders back, or where MR Highroller can walk in and say I want the next one, and will give you 10K over MSRP to get... Car ordered first should be built first, if it is a buildable car(no constraints).

Solution 4, buyers should do their due diligence in advance of their purchase, in terms of delivery and dealership, and then be realistic about what is going on. I see/hear many buyers on the forums that start their posts with something like "I placed my order on August 14th, no build date yet! GM sucks!!!" This is an unrealistic expectation for a purchasing situation like the Stingray, and if you didn't know that going in, shame on you... You want the car yesterday, because it is an awesome car, and a terrific value, and GM should be saluted for building it. Unfortunately, you are neither the only, or even first, person in North America to figure that out, and so the Stingray is a "wait-list" car, and the word "wait" comes first.. ;-)

Great to hear you jump in boss and agree with you totally. What would be nice is that, with Corvettes, once an allocation is granted to you a Congratulations letter is received on your Corvette purchase. This solves the confusion as to whether you are actually on a waiting list, have an order at 1100 or are really in the system. I am pulling EVERY string to ensure that my Z06 purchase is a valid offer and you understand that better than others here (tx again by the way). I shouldn't still be at a stage where I don't know if I really received an allocation or not. I can just imagine all those guys last year that happily bragged they bought a vette only to still be waiting this Spring.

This may also solve something that does seem to be very common which is placing a deposit with the belief you will gain allocation, only to find out that you haven't. I have pm'd/spoken with AT LEAST six people who happily plunked 5K down placing their Vette order, ONLY to find out they were only on a waiting list without allocation...not even an order placed.

GM Canada 2015 Corvette Order Confirmation
Within 24hrs of placing an order (minimum $5k non-refundable deposit required), a registered confirmation letter will be forwarded with a guaranteed delivery date. In addition, Z06 customers will receive a personal/congratulatory call from Kevin Williams.
"We have a razor-sharp focus on our customers. More than ever, we are actively listening to you, our customers, to be sure we fully understand your needs and priorities." :rofl:

Great to hear you jump in boss and agree with you totally. What would be nice is that, with Corvettes, once an allocation is granted to you a Congratulations letter is received on your Corvette purchase. This solves the confusion as to whether you are actually on a waiting list, have an order at 1100 or are really in the system. I am pulling EVERY string to ensure that my Z06 purchase is a valid offer and you understand that better than others here (tx again by the way). I shouldn't still be at a stage where I don't know if I really received an allocation or not. I can just imagine all those guys last year that happily bragged they bought a vette only to still be waiting this Spring.

This may also solve something that does seem to be very common which is placing a deposit with the belief you will gain allocation, only to find out that you haven't. I have pm'd/spoken with AT LEAST six people who happily plunked 5K down placing their Vette order, ONLY to find out they were only on a waiting list without allocation...not even an order placed.

It would be a nice gesture, but it wouldn't solve anything, under the current system. If a dealer has 6 pieces of allotment, and you are number 3, you wouldn't get a letter until the dealer is allocated that third production spot, and gives it to you, which doesn't happen until about 6 weeks before actual production.
GM Canada calls the dealer, tells them they are getting a piece of allotment for the production period of Month X Week Y, and which order do they want built? It isn't until that order # is manually provided to GM that your order actually HAS allocation, and under manual allocation, your dealership completely controls your fate on when YOUR car is getting a piece of their allotment, so you are always on a waiting list until that point.

And as for those sitting on a waiting list without allocation, everyone is on a waiting list without allocation, until the dealer says otherwise. Also having an order, under manual allocation, is not terribly important at this point, aside from protecting the price from increases. When GM calls the dealer and says give us an order number to be built, the dealer can have 20 orders in the system, but if yours is next and hasn't been ordered yet, they can just order it immediately and provide the order number. Even the price protection isn't critical, as usually GM will announce a price increase and give 24 warning to submit all orders before it takes effect...

GM Canada 2015 Corvette Order Confirmation
Within 24hrs of placing an order (minimum $5k non-refundable deposit required), a registered confirmation letter will be forwarded with a guaranteed delivery date. In addition, Z06 customers will receive a personal/congratulatory call from Kevin Williams.
"We have a razor-sharp focus on our customers. More than ever, we are actively listening to you, our customers, to be sure we fully understand your needs and priorities." :rofl:

What is your source? I have never seen that communication. Oh, wait, that is from a dealer, not GM, I suspect. GM would NEVER interfere in terms of deposit requirements, I don't think...

The problem lies at the source (I think) and deals with the status system. I may be wrong but once you hit 2000, you are on your way. It would be of benefit for GM to say ...ok Canada you have 28 (or whatever) allocations...and we need an idea as to what we might expect to be building most of. Allocate those 28 (or whatever) vehicles immediately, however, they will remain at 2000 until the time that we have decided on their build (as they seem to account for no winter deliveries).

This might solve some of what we see here no? It just seems that, in the last year GM has lost all of that word of mouth from guys who bought but werent sure...and on and on...

And I know this is nothing more than well wishes but It is just so hard to believe anyone would have to go through this for a premium price vehicle...

The problem lies at the source (I think) and deals with the status system. I may be wrong but once you hit 2000, you are on your way. It would be of benefit for GM to say ...ok Canada you have 28 (or whatever) allocations...and we need an idea as to what we might expect to be building most of. Allocate those 28 (or whatever) vehicles immediately, however, they will remain at 2000 until the time that we have decided on their build (as they seem to account for no winter deliveries).

This might solve some of what we see here no? It just seems that, in the last year GM has lost all of that word of mouth from guys who bought but werent sure...and on and on...

And I know this is nothing more than well wishes but It is just so hard to believe anyone would have to go through this for a premium price vehicle...

You are correct, a move from 1100 to 2000 means that you have received allocation. The problem is that this cannot happen until GM Canada receives a piece of allotment from GM US to have a car built. When the car goes to 2000, the plant starts ordering the appropriate parts of suppliers, for just in time production. This is why nothing happens until a few weeks before the car is actually getting put together, GM(and no other manufacturer either) has no interest in paying for parts in advance of needing them, and there is no room to store them at the plant anyway.

The real problem is that in this instant gratification, online 24-7 world, everyone wants to see something, anything, happening, and if you are checking every single day to see progress on something that you know, deep down, isn't going to take place for several weeks or months, it makes you crazy.. My 8 year old daughter planted some apple seeds in the back yard this spring, watered them, and checked on them practically daily for weeks, even though I told her not to expect anything to happen for weeks or months, if at all. She made herself crazy wondering why nothing was happening, even though she KNEW that it hadn't been long enough to see results...

Now, I am not equating buying a Z06 with planting apple seeds, or Corvette owners with 8 year old children. There is a big difference. Children get over things faster... ;-)

My Car actually finished production today...I cant believe I am actually going to get the car. GM ask me to check back Friday on shipping...my tpw last Friday was set for Sept 29th...checked today and its built???

I guess my luck with this order has finally turned. Going to be a long couple of weeks while it ships up here...but not compared to the 11months I have waited so far...no PDR:nono:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.