I just notice the inside acoustic carpet was cut short in one of the wheel wells. i picked the car up on Wed. and it was back at the dealer Thurs. Minor issue but an issue nonetheless. Things like this should be caught at QA.

what do we think this means for those of us with TPW's in the next couple weeks?

Your car won't be impacted. They probably found some stuff in their quality audits and went back to assembly and had the process corrected ASAP. The other vehicles impacted will be caught in their back lot before they ship or at the dealer. Minor inconvenience for those that shipped that's all. Those cars will still be delivered just those items will require a fix first, might not even notice other than it adds a bit of labour to a pre delivery process at the dealer. The airbag might be an issue if parts are not available.

Your car won't be impacted. They probably found some stuff in their quality audits and went back to assembly and had the process corrected ASAP. The other vehicles impacted will be caught in their back lot before they ship or at the dealer. Minor inconvenience for those that shipped that's all. Those cars will still be delivered just those items will require a fix first, might not even notice other than it adds a bit of labour to a pre delivery process at the dealer. The airbag might be an issue if parts are not available.

Parts are not yet available for either recall....

Parts are not yet available for either recall....

No I think it is just the airbag, the other appears to be an assembly issue which will likely be corrected in the back lot or by the dealer.

Neither recall has been announced publicly yet, and parts are not available for the airbag repair. They come amid strong sales of the redesigned Corvette Stingray, forcing dealers to turn down potential buyers until the problems are resolved. GM sold 2,679 Corvettes in August vs. 655 during the same month last year.

The airbag recall covers about 2,000 Corvettes, many of which are still at the plant in Bowling Green, Ky. According to the stop-delivery order, the driver’s side airbag in those cars could separate from the steering wheel in a crash, increasing the potential for injuries. Dealers will be instructed to replace the airbag module with a revised version.

The second recall covers about 800 Corvettes, 700 of which are on dealer lots. GM said the cars were “built without one of the rear parking brake cables fully seated and engaged. That means the parking brake will only operate on one of the rear brake drums, reducing its operational capability and potentially allowing the car to roll away if parked on a steep hill. The defect means the cars would violate federal rollaway-vehicle standards.

Ironically, of the major European and Japanese manufacturers, only Mercedes in Europe averages fewer recalled vehicles per vehicle sold than does GM, even including this last 12 months! GM has had a significant corporate shift in how it handles and views quality, and this is a good thing. It has resulted in a ridiculous number of recalls in the last 12 months, catching up on things that were not dealt with in a timely fashion over the last number of years. That said, the only reason you can recall 29,000,000 cars over a 12 month period is because you sell a lot of cars.... On average, GM has had a recall on about 2 cars out of every 3 they have sold over the last number of years. This is poor, it would seem, until one realizes that most manufacturers average about .8 recalls per vehicle sold in the same time frame.

All that said, it would still suck to be one of the 29 individuals with 2015 Corvettes in Canada that cannot be delivered due to recalls. 30 cars are affected, actually, but one has BOTH recalls.... ;-)

You made me curious... here are the stats for US since 1985 from Forbes Magazine:
Mercedes-Benz USA: 2.1 million recalled/5.2 million sold; 0.41 recall rate.
Mazda Motor Corp: 5.2 million recalled/9.4 million sold; 0.55 recall rate.
General Motors: 99.3 million recalled/153.2 million sold; 0.65 recall rate.
Nissan North America: 19.1 million recalled/26.8 million sold; 0.71 recall rate.
Subaru of America: 4.3 million recalled/6.0 million sold; 0.73 recall rate.
Kia Motors: 3.7 million recalled/4.9 million sold; 0.77 recall rate.
Toyota Motor Corp: 38.6 million recalled/48.1 million sold; 0.80 recall rate.
BMW of North America: 5.1 million recalled/5.7 million sold; 0.90 recall rate.
Ford Motor Co: 97.0 million recalled/104.7 million sold; 0.93 recall rate.
American Honda Motor Co: 31.1 million recalled/32.9 million sold; 0.94 recall rate.
Chrysler Group: 63.2 million recalled/63.2 million sold; 1.00 recall rate.
Volvo Cars of North America: 3.3 million recalled/3.1 million sold; 1.05 recall rate.
Volkswagen of America: 10.2 million recalled/9.7 million sold; 1.06 recall rate.
Mitsubishi Motors North America: 5.3 million recalled/4.8 million sold; 1.09 recall rate.
Hyundai Motor Co: 9.9 million recalled/8.7 million sold; 1.15 recall rate.

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully this recall will not unduly impact Canadian deliveries any more than the US.

Last edited:
You made me curious... here are the stats for US since 1985 from Forbes Magazine:
Mercedes-Benz USA: 2.1 million recalled/5.2 million sold; 0.41 recall rate.
Mazda Motor Corp: 5.2 million recalled/9.4 million sold; 0.55 recall rate.
General Motors: 99.3 million recalled/153.2 million sold; 0.65 recall rate.
Nissan North America: 19.1 million recalled/26.8 million sold; 0.71 recall rate.
Subaru of America: 4.3 million recalled/6.0 million sold; 0.73 recall rate.
Kia Motors: 3.7 million recalled/4.9 million sold; 0.77 recall rate.
Toyota Motor Corp: 38.6 million recalled/48.1 million sold; 0.80 recall rate.
BMW of North America: 5.1 million recalled/5.7 million sold; 0.90 recall rate.
Ford Motor Co: 97.0 million recalled/104.7 million sold; 0.93 recall rate.
American Honda Motor Co: 31.1 million recalled/32.9 million sold; 0.94 recall rate.
Chrysler Group: 63.2 million recalled/63.2 million sold; 1.00 recall rate.
Volvo Cars of North America: 3.3 million recalled/3.1 million sold; 1.05 recall rate.
Volkswagen of America: 10.2 million recalled/9.7 million sold; 1.06 recall rate.
Mitsubishi Motors North America: 5.3 million recalled/4.8 million sold; 1.09 recall rate.
Hyundai Motor Co: 9.9 million recalled/8.7 million sold; 1.15 recall rate.

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully this recall will not unduly impact Canadian deliveries any more than the US.

Thanks for doing the research, I knew I had the numbers right, but couldn't remember where I had seen them... :coolgleam:

Interesting to look at those numbers... Since 1985, GM has sold almost as many cars in the US as ALL of the imports combined! 165M to 153M for GM... And yet, those imports have had 138M cars recalled, compared to 99M for GM.... GM might still suck, but it appears that so does everyone else.... ;-)

Last edited:
any update on yours? Mine has moved from Sep 29 to end of Oct :( No reason given

Sorry. That is unfortunate. I checked around 6 tonight and my tpw still stands for the 29th. It is a bit odd that they moved mine up two weeks and you are now back a month...this process is such a shell game..keep checking your order..I find Thursday afternoon to be change day..

Keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sorry. That is unfortunate. I checked around 6 tonight and my tpw still stands for the 29th. It is a bit odd that they moved mine up two weeks and you are now back a month...this process is such a shell game..keep checking your order..I find Thursday afternoon to be change day..

Keep my fingers crossed for you!

what's weird is they said new TPW is on Oct 28th which is a Tue. I thought TPW start dates were always on Mondays.

I have been driving my 2015 Crystal Red Convertible since September 3. She has about 400 KM on her now. So far...so good! Dealer thinks it may have been the first 2015 delivery in Canada. It was built on August 18.

Oh my God! 400 km in just under 2 weeks! Were you ... I don't know ... hospitalized? I guarantee that I will hit that in the first day alone...and then try to hold me back from that first run. Good stuff though and yes...very jealous!

I have been driving my 2015 Crystal Red Convertible since September 3. She has about 400 KM on her now. So far...so good! Dealer thinks it may have been the first 2015 delivery in Canada. It was built on August 18.

Don't drive the wheels off it now.:D When I took possession of mine, in less than 1.5 days it had 2100 kms. Since then though only about 600 in the last month.
Congrats by the way. :coolgleam:

Phone Call From My Wife First Night of Ownership:

Phone rings...
Me: Hello.
Her: Where are you?
Me: In the garage
Her: Are you in the Vette?
Me: Yup
Her: Well it is just about 2am. Coming to bed?
Me: In a few minutes
Her: I'll be right down with a pillow and blanket if you clear those cleaning supplies from the passenger seat for me.
Me: Ummm... Can you just drop off the blanket and pillow?
She hangs up...

Guaranteed...this will happen.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.