If I were GM I would be having lunch at Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen with my supermodel mistress and of course be following this CCF thread closely at the same time..... NOT....
Phew! Good thing for us you are not GM! ;)

No, you can't disagree! ;)
Quantity makes profit. Especially in a competitive market. If you sell your can of peas at a cheaper price than your competitor then you will likely sell more and hence make more profit. The more you make the more you sell. The more you sell the cheaper you can price your product.
100 cans of peas at $1 makes you $100
90 cans of peas at $1.10 makes you $99
Not only that but the more you can produce the cheaper it is to make your product because you buy in quantity. Cans become cheaper for your peas.
There are multiple paths to success.

In 2021 Ferrari made an average $142,000 Canadian profit per car sold. To match $142,000 in profit of 1 Ferrari, Tesla has to sell 16 cars, BMW has to sell 18 cars, Toyota has to sell 41 cars, and VW Group has to sell 45 cars. Yes Ferrari pays more for parts, but they save on everything else. Also, their wait times are worse than C8 wait times, but wait times are good for business.

There are multiple paths to success.

In 2021 Ferrari made an average $142,000 Canadian profit per car sold. To match $142,000 in profit of 1 Ferrari, Tesla has to sell 16 cars, BMW has to sell 18 cars, Toyota has to sell 41 cars, and VW Group has to sell 45 cars. Yes Ferrari pays more for parts, but they save on everything else. Also, their wait times are worse than C8 wait times, but wait times are good for business.
Ferrari is a small market car. They have to make their money on the cars price. Same with Lambo.
I don't know about BMW, but I suspect they would prefer to sell in volume.
Toyota and VW chose to and can sell that many cars as they make their money on volume of sales.
GM mostly does this also. For other reasons GM has decided not to make their volume profit from Corvette sales, but to use it as a marketing tool to sell minivans, SUVs and pickups.
Yes, there are tradeoffs. One has to asses their market to determine what price they can sell for.
All companies do that whether it's the TTC or GM.
If the TTC charges too much per ride, they will lose ridership and therefor become useless to the gen pop. Similarly if they charge too little they will gain ridership, but lose money at capacity.

So basically you have fun with the '23 car, then trade it in for MSRP + some extra cash, not a bad deal. I guess I am going to be one of the rare ones on this forum hanging on to mine for a while, everyone else seems to be trading up after a few months or year. Too much money dumped into mods already, and have easily another $15K planned for next season (rear CF bumper, Fabspeed sport cats, ++)

$100,000? maybe for a 2023 1lt coupe. From what i have seen 2023 HTC 2LT or 3LT are getting 120,000-125,000
The question asked was trade value. Dealer quoted me a few sheckels over $100k for my 70th Anniversary with 3000kms...on trade. Likely they would try to retail for closer to the numbers you are talking about. Again trade is a wholesale price which differs from retail.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
The question asked was trade value. Dealer quoted me a few sheckels over $100k for my 70th Anniversary with 3000kms...on trade. Likely they would try to retail for closer to the numbers you are talking about. Again trade is a wholesale price which differs from retail.
yes i was talking about trade value. I think your dealer was not fair with you

Terrible news. First the initial 2023 Z06 pricing comes out, more than expected, based upon comments made by the GM C8 engineers 👎, then Canada gets 50% or less of its usual C8 allocations👎, preventing people like me from getting a (now) "lower priced" 2023 Z06👎, then after waiting all this time (almost 3 years so far)👎, I get the "privilege" of paying what will likely be $20,000+ more (once freight and PDI are factored in) to more likely $25,000+ more (once accessories are included, which accessories will no doubt see increases as well) 👎and THEN, add on the federal luxury tax for a vehicle over $100,000.00, which will now tack onto whatever the increase is. For Canadians, a 2024 Z06 nicely optioned out, will likely be around $250,000.00 all in and that's for someone like me in Alberta who pays the lowest provincial sales tax in the country, at 5%. It'll be worse for buyers in other provinces, who must pay 10% or more for provincial sales tax, and (heaven forbid) an additional provincial luxury car tax for buyers in BC. Imagine what a BC buyer will now have to pay.

Let's look at the actual numbers.

I'd priced out the Z06 I wanted at $197,084 + taxes (including freight and PDI), using 2023 Canadian pricing. That works out to $217,132 including all taxes for an Albertan, using 2023 Z06 pricing. That's by not purchasing all accessories I can easily tack on later, to avoid the luxury tax. So I'd have about $220,000 into the car once the other accessories have been tacked on later...and that's before paying for PPF and ceramic coating (likely about $230,000? in total, into the car, with PPF and ceramic).

Now add another $25,000 plus associated taxes (making it another $28,875 more) and you get $246,007 or about $260,000 all in (with all accessories and PPF/ceramic). How to you spell "D-I-V-O-R-C-E"? Bad enough to convince a spouse w/o the additional $30,000+. Not funny. Not welcomed. Not expected. It may result in a change of plans. The Lotus Emira with its standard transmission, is suddenly looking all the more interesting. Yes I know it's a completely different vehicle compared to the Z06, however aside from its more desirable sports car stick, lower gas cost and better looks, and a much more "rare" unique look compared to the ever-increasing numbers of C8's on the road, its price (even after an increase) makes it all the more affordable and more easily justified to an angry spouse who fails to see the attraction of any sports car...

Well done GM. Oh and make sure us Canadians will be blacklisted if we deign to sell a C8 Z06 into the States within our first year of ownership (compared to the double-standard of 6 months for US owners looking to sell with a warranty), even with these Canadian higher prices, which make it less likely anyone will want to do that except Canadian dealers and their friends who'll get a discount on their 2024 Z06's...but they won't have to worry since any repercussions against dealerships by GM appear to be totally non-existent despite the highly publicized (at the time) January 2022 letter from GM's North American president Steve Carlisle...

All this should be appropriately described as: "GM throws open the door and greedily welcomes buyers of exotic high-end cars, thumbing its nose at their traditional Canadian Corvette base, with the new and increased 2024 C8 Z06 pricing in particular."

Good move GM and thanks (NOT)! 👎 👎 👎 👎 👎 (of a possible 5 thumb rating)
These are huge price increases for next year - WOW. I live in BC - so, with all the taxes these cars (Z06 & E-Ray) are going to be very expensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.