have an allocation for a 2024 C8. Looking to trade my Torch Red 2023 2LT Coupe Z51/MRC/Lift/GT2 Two Tone Seats +++ Window sticker was $113k. Only has 600 kms. Might I ask what others might feel is a fair trade on a new 3LT Z51/MRC/Lift +++ ?
I think you need to get 1 year plus 12,000KM before you can trade in unless you sell it private? Someone here may clarify this please. Thanks

Seven View Chrysler has 2023 3LT w/650klm, listed $122k. Bray Motors has a 2023 3LT w/2400klm, list $123k, Gateway has a 2023 3LT w/1500klm, listed $122k, Ernie Dean Chevrolet has a 2024 3LT Vert 'customer canceled' order available at MSRP $135,334. I'm thinking you're in $110k range today and probably less when your 2024 arrives.

Seven View Chrysler has 2023 3LT w/650klm, listed $122k. Bray Motors has a 2023 3LT w/2400klm, list $123k, Gateway has a 2023 3LT w/1500klm, listed $122k, Ernie Dean Chevrolet has a 2024 3LT Vert 'customer canceled' order available at MSRP $135,334. I'm thinking you're in $110k range today and probably less when your 2024 arrives.
Thanks for the input

Totally agree. Anybody thinking they are getting a hundred and a quarter on a trade is dreaming. Used 2023 3LT cars are retailing for that in the major centre's.

So basically you have fun with the '23 car, then trade it in for MSRP + some extra cash, not a bad deal. I guess I am going to be one of the rare ones on this forum hanging on to mine for a while, everyone else seems to be trading up after a few months or year. Too much money dumped into mods already, and have easily another $15K planned for next season (rear CF bumper, Fabspeed sport cats, ++)
Me too. When I get mine it gets left to my ten year old grandson In my will .

When you think about it from a price standpoint I would suggest, as l’m sure others have said already, that you are getting very good value relative to the features and capabilities of the vehicle. I read somewhere that for the 2023 units they had the best resale value/ least depreciation of any 2023 vehicle. So there is that .And they look wicked. Not that that’s a prime consideration for me as I would still want one to drive even if no one else ever saw it.

Remember also the fall prices are here now 10 grand lower than three months ago

Its Sept 2 today. The summer is over in 3 weeks. There will be a glut of people trying to unload their C8s before they have to put them away. Especially the guys who are making $1700/month payments on them. I think there are going to be some sad faces with the prices that guys will be offered shortly.

Reactions: KTJF
Its Sept 2 today. The summer is over in 3 weeks. There will be a glut of people trying to unload their C8s before they have to put them away. Especially the guys who are making $1700/month payments on them. I think there are going to be some sad faces with the prices that guys will be offered shortly.
the cost of new C8s went up by $12,000 and all C8s are still selling for over MSRP even the early 2020s with tons of miles. There many types of C8 corvette buys/owners but not many are worried about monthly payments and the change of seasons.

Reactions: Cam_rabbits
the cost of new C8s went up by $12,000 and all C8s are still selling for over MSRP even the early 2020s with tons of miles. There many types of C8 corvette buys/owners but not many are worried about monthly payments and the change of seasons.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are still bringing strong money at Manheim Toronto and Adesa Brampton but they are down $10-15K from April pricing. The last 3-4 that I watched did not sell. My buddy sold a 21 3LT coupe in the spring for $120K with 5000kms on it. He ran the twin car (different colour) 2 weeks ago and couldnt get $100K in real money. In reality, the $100K was still huge money considering MSRP on the car was only $97 when new but no where near the $120 he got in the spring.

they will increase in value as Canada will lose new supply/allocations/cars
No they won’t. The strike will be settled long before the grass turns green in the spring and the spring buyers start looking for their summer rides.

Some of you here think you bought the Hope diamond.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are still bringing strong money at Manheim Toronto and Adesa Brampton but they are down $10-15K from April pricing. The last 3-4 that I watched did not sell. My buddy sold a 21 3LT coupe in the spring for $120K with 5000kms on it. He ran the twin car (different colour) 2 weeks ago and couldnt get $100K in real money. In reality, the $100K was still huge money considering MSRP on the car was only $97 when new but no where near the $120 he got in the spring.
dealer auctions and customer trade-ins are different. Most top Corvette dealers do not sell or buy used C8s from Auctions, but what they do is take C8s on trade in and mark them up around $10K

No they won’t. The strike will be settled long before the grass turns green in the spring and the spring buyers start looking for their summer rides.

I am a corvette buyer, I have bought 1, have 1 accepted for production, am on the list for E-Ray and Z06 and I can tell you with 100% certainty that time of year has no effect on my purchase decision. Maybe your Alberta is different from my southern Ontario, but most people keep their corvettes in the garage, so why would anyone care if its winter or summer when you are buying a car? If I want a Summer car or a Winter car, I will buy it as soon as I can get it regardless if it's the "wrong" season. Plus, most people already have a summer car that they are trading in for a C8 so that parking spot is already in use anyways whether its your old summer car or your new C8.

I have advice for all aspiring C8 owners: the supply will go lower, and the prices will go higher, so if you can buy today, don't wait until tomorrow

A funny thing happened to the auctions during covid..... they became retail and no longer wholesale. A quick market search just provided a handful of used '23's on dealer lots below MSRP and a soon to be produced '24 listed at MSRP. These are asking prices. The last few weeks, of the C8's listed at Adesa and TradeRev I didn't see one sell. Most dealers pulled the listing because bids have normalized. The bids were all in the $90k - $100k range. That tells you the dealers bidding did NOT have a buyer in-hand and are not willing to gamble taking a car for inventory. This isn't chump change for a GM dealer. My '24 Vert order ($128k) has been accepted by GM and I hope it lands before Christmas but I'm not thinking it will appreciate, and actually I don't care.

Reactions: ScottyR
A funny thing happened to the auctions during covid..... they became retail and no longer wholesale. A quick market search just provided a handful of used '23's on dealer lots below MSRP and a soon to be produced '24 listed at MSRP. These are asking prices. The last few weeks, of the C8's listed at Adesa and TradeRev I didn't see one sell. Most dealers pulled the listing because bids have normalized. The bids were all in the $90k - $100k range. That tells you the dealers bidding did NOT have a buyer in-hand and are not willing to gamble taking a car for inventory. This isn't chump change for a GM dealer. My '24 Vert order ($128k) has been accepted by GM and I hope it lands before Christmas but I'm not thinking it will appreciate, and actually I don't care.
The non-GM used car dealers that usually buy C8s from dealer actions are not buying not because the C8s lost values vs wanted price, but because the buying dealers are in a bad financial situation

This times a million.

The strike will be a mere blip in the overall production of the entire C8 run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.