A funny thing happened to the auctions during covid..... they became retail and no longer wholesale. A quick market search just provided a handful of used '23's on dealer lots below MSRP and a soon to be produced '24 listed at MSRP. These are asking prices. The last few weeks, of the C8's listed at Adesa and TradeRev I didn't see one sell. Most dealers pulled the listing because bids have normalized. The bids were all in the $90k - $100k range. That tells you the dealers bidding did NOT have a buyer in-hand and are not willing to gamble taking a car for inventory. This isn't chump change for a GM dealer. My '24 Vert order ($128k) has been accepted by GM and I hope it lands before Christmas but I'm not thinking it will appreciate, and actually I don't care.
My dealer has a 2021 Z51 coupe 3LT with after market exhaust and nice wheels. Torch red with black and red inside - beautiful car - asking $115K - been on the lot for 3 weeks now. I think the high interest rates may have something to do with. I myself would never finance - pay cash only; but, many probably finance. Inflation - costing people a hell of a lot more to live, and, here in BC, they keep increasing the carbon tax which adds to fuel cost, utility etc. And our taxes: pst, gst & luxury tax.

My dealer has a 2021 Z51 coupe 3LT with after market exhaust and nice wheels. Torch red with black and red inside - beautiful car - asking $115K - been on the lot for 3 weeks now. I think the high interest rates may have something to do with. I myself would never finance - pay cash only; but, many probably finance. Inflation - costing people a hell of a lot more to live, and, here in BC, they keep increasing the carbon tax which adds to fuel cost, utility etc. And our taxes: pst, gst & luxury tax.
many buyers don't want a c8 with aftermarket wheels and aftermarket exhaust, but yes I agree about the interest rates. But for guys who pay cash for their toys, there are more toys available and less competition for them.

One issue I see with all of the cars being offered both privately and by dealers that have say 250 to 2500 km on them is how they have been driven up to that point. Proper break in procedure followed? No way of knowing that I’m aware of. I could see this as being a reason why more aren’t moving. I know that I would be hesitant to consider one as opposed to waiting for an allocation . Maybe not as big a concern with one that has 12,000 km on it, can’t really say why that would be but just a feeling.

many buyers don't want a c8 with aftermarket wheels and aftermarket exhaust, but yes I agree about the interest rates. But for guys who pay cash for their toys, there are more toys available and less competition for them.
Well these wheels are expensive and nicer than stock wheels and the exhaust round - my preference as I am trying to find someone I trust for the job. Black tips. One of the nicest C8 I,ve seen.

One issue I see with all of the cars being offered both privately and by dealers that have say 250 to 2500 km on them is how they have been driven up to that point. Proper break in procedure followed? No way of knowing that I’m aware of. I could see this as being a reason why more aren’t moving. I know that I would be hesitant to consider one as opposed to waiting for an allocation . Maybe not as big a concern with one that has 12,000 km on it, can’t really say why that would be but just a feeling.
“How they have been driven up to that point. Proper break in procedure followed?”
Pay for a PPI at the dealer prior to purchase. They put it on the computer and you will know exactly how it was driven and cared for.

What is a PPI?
Pre purchase inspection. When they put it on the computer they can see all the RPM ranges and if it was ever redlined. What modes the vehicle was driven in. They will see all the various speeds and for how long. How many times it's been launched etc. They provide you with all the service histories and what codes have come up if any.
I set up MY Mode with all the settings I wanted. Then for the first 800km break in, I just drove it in D. never went over 3500rpm. Never in manual or never used paddle shifters during that period. Just drove it like a normal car. Now after the 800km, I'm always using the paddle shifters and in manual mode. What a difference and just love this car.

Reactions: GM MUSL
Pre purchase inspection. When they put it on the computer they can see all the RPM ranges and if it was ever redlined. What modes the vehicle was driven in. They will see all the various speeds and for how long. How many times it's been launched etc. They provide you with all the service histories and what codes have come up if any.
I set up MY Mode with all the settings I wanted. Then for the first 800km break in, I just drove it in D. never went over 3500rpm. Never in manual or never used paddle shifters during that period. Just drove it like a normal car. Now after the 800km, I'm always using the paddle shifters and in manual mode. What a difference and just love this car.

Good point. I was aware that the data is recorded but was unaware that it was available that easily. Hopefully not available as easily to insurance companies. One can no longer take data security for granted, if you ever could.

What about highway driving during the break in period? It mentions to drive at varying speeds so it sounds like highway driving should be kept to a bare minimum?

“How they have been driven up to that point. Proper break in procedure followed?”
Pay for a PPI at the dealer prior to purchase. They put it on the computer and you will know exactly how it was driven and cared for.
Where is the proof of that?
I know airbag controllers record the last few moments before impact, but I've never hear of that kind of fine data being stored.

Where is the proof of that?
I know airbag controllers record the last few moments before impact, but I've never hear of that kind of fine data being stored.
Good point. I was aware that a lot of data is recorded but was unaware that it was available that easily. Be interesting to know how much data storage capacity is available on the vehicle itself and if any gets uploaded to the “ cloud “ . Hopefully not available as easily to insurance companies. One can no longer take data security for granted, if you ever could.

Good point. I was aware that a lot of data is recorded but was unaware that it was available that easily. Be interesting to know how much data storage capacity is available on the vehicle itself and if any gets uploaded to the “ cloud “ . Hopefully not available as easily to insurance companies. One can no longer take data security for granted, if you ever could.
Some data is sent to OnStar if you subscribe, but I'm not and no longer get vehicle status reports so I doubt it is being sent any more. Further, it's only health data. Not driving habits.

The cops can plug in a get the data when investigating an accident. Did this with my GT500 - did not need a warrant or anything. Other guys fault; but, because I was going over speed limit I was assessed 50% fault. The cure then was to turn engine on then off. Current tech. (C8) probably better??

• Wow
Reactions: henkz06
Have you ever had a PPI? What you are describing is possible in theory but never happens in practice. No dealer will provide you with that level of info unless you are buying a multimillion dollar 1 of 1 Porsche and paying thousands of dollars for all car data to be forensically reviewed. Most PPI reports sound like this: “from what we see the vehicle is in good working order with no damage or error codes. We are not responsible for what we didn’t see”.

Reactions: KTJF
Have you ever had a PPI? What you are describing is possible in theory but never happens in practice. No dealer will provide you with that level of info unless you are buying a multimillion dollar 1 of 1 Porsche and paying thousands of dollars for all car data to be forensically reviewed. Most PPI reports sound like this: “from what we see the vehicle is in good working order with no damage or error codes. We are not responsible for what we didn’t see”.
When I purchase my Porsche Cayman S I got a full report. It was $500 back then. Got everything I described in my PPI description. They even gave me the compression reading on all 6 cylinders. And a leak down test. But didn’t want to get too technical. Yes you can pay $100 and they will do a little walk around for you and say that’s good haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.