Cam, if someone gets a C8 that they didn't originally order, or they want to upgrade like in my case, some dealerships want the cars with as little milage as possible.
Many dealerships are now putting $1 liens on both new and used C8's to protect themselves and the original owner. The car cannot be exported with any type of lien.
The lien can be left on until the car reaches 12,000 km or for a specific period of time.

This only applies to some dealers. Most won't do this even though they should have from the get go.

This only applies to some dealers. Most won't do this even though they should have from the get go.
Each dealership has their own set of rules. Some will help and some won't. That's why it good to plan ahead and find someone you can work with.

Each dealership has their own set of rules. Some will help and some won't. That's why it good to plan ahead and find someone you can work with.

I wish GM put liens on all of their specialty vehicles. I couldn't believe the amount of people bragging about making $40,000 on their 1LT back in 2020. They would have their family and friends put deposits all over the place, lease under a business name to avoid paying tax, buy out the lease under a dealer name, and sell. I saw this being done first hand at my friend's small dealer in BC.

I wish GM put liens on all of their specialty vehicles. I couldn't believe the amount of people bragging about making $40,000 on their 1LT back in 2020. They would have their family and friends put deposits all over the place, lease under a business name to avoid paying tax, buy out the lease under a dealer name, and sell. I saw this being done first hand at my friend's small dealer in BC.
I wish my crypto did as well as my C8 in 2020! I just wanted the car back then. Making a profit reminded me of the C4 days.

Reactions: scraze66
Why? You have a problem with the free market?

If people are hogging up wait lists only to resell for a profit then yes, I guess I have a problem.
I did it back in the 80's as well, where I kept upgrading my car each year until I reached the ZR1 and I stuck with it for a long time.
My current car is a big upgrade on my last and it to is a keeper. Making a profit while upgrading is a bonus that hasn't been available
for four generations now! We are still keeping our cars for a year and moving to the next if one becomes available.
Have you put your deposit down for a ZR1 or a C9 yet?

I did it back in the 80's as well, where I kept upgrading my car each year until I reached the ZR1 and I stuck with it for a long time.
My current car is a big upgrade on my last and it to is a keeper. Making a profit while upgrading is a bonus that hasn't been available
for four generations now! We are still keeping our cars for a year and moving to the next if one becomes available.
Have you put your deposit down for a ZR1 or a C9 yet?

I will probably put my name down for the Z06 when I pick up my Stingray. Haven't really thought that far ahead with regards to the C9, yet. Wouldn't be surprised if a base 1LT C9 starts at $140,000 with the way things are going.

On various threads I have been contacted by people wanting to get a 2023 before the price increase. I now have been advised of another car that's become available:
I have just heard of a 2023 Black HTC 2LT Z51 with Adrenaline Red interior with Carbon Fiber interior package
with 800 km is available for what the owner paid. MSRP on the car was approx $108,900 plus taxes.
You would save the $12,000 price increase and the Luxury Tax, but owner is looking to recoup some of what he paid in tax.
If your interested let me know and I will get you set up through the dealer in Northwest GTA tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.