Dealers did not know about it until the day it was posted here. Once GM Canada released prices to dealers is the day that they became official not when they will appear on a website.

By they, I was referring to GM Canada. They knew it was coming.

The idea that the new prices are out now, some dealers don't know yet, and the website still hasn't been updated... the entire thing just reads as incredibly sloppy.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
By they, I was referring to GM Canada. They knew it was coming.

The idea that the new prices are out now, some dealers don't know yet, and the website still hasn't been updated... the entire thing just reads as incredibly sloppy.
Always has! The web site is always behind.

Probably you're right. But with the pricing move, combined with the removal of gm points from my visa (and expiration of them to the point where I am not even sure I can get an allocation before they expire over 14,000 dollars worth), it leaves a bad taste for ever wanting another gm put of nothing but spite.

I'll probabaly just buy a chevy trax with the points...but even that has been riddled with delay after delay.

Can't find a Camaro, c8, or even a trax to buy.
How fast do you need to use them? I'll find you something fast!

I still imagine the E-Ray to be a minimum 2 year wait, but then I thought wrong on my 'build', so it's really a crap shoot.
When I asked the Mrs. what happens if 2 months from now the allocation does come in for the E-Ray, her response was that I'd have to put another lift in the garage.
God, I love that woman.
Now, that's a really cool response!

Reactions: gfry
How fast do you need to use them? I'll find you something fast!
They are giving until July 2026 (a long time) but it's delivery, not just ordered. The c8 was on my list after I was told I'd never get a zl1. But then after long delays with the c8, I am cautious in waiting for that out of fear of having to buy a Malibu last minute.

I ordered a trax and was expecting delivery in May...but those also got delayed. So I basically have many options. One of which include buying a trax for now and waiting out a couple years to buy "my" car. Which I have cross shopped the f type (I don't like how it drives), an lc500 (rare out here so never actually seen one let alone driven one) as well as a c8 (I drove one, and love the ride...smooth and I drove a z51 without mag ride).

My brain says buy a trax, i already have a fpace svr for fun. The trax will eventually be used by my kids who will be driving soon, etc. It's the responsible thing to do. My heart is conflicted lol.

It occured to me that GM Canada is no longer worried about how many Corvettes they will sell as European and Australian markets have now swallowed up a good chunk of Canadian allocations. That means they believe they can sell all of their allocations at any price. Sad really. It kind of erks me that GM itself refuses to allow the platform to be built at places other than Bowling Green. I'm sure they could sell twice the number of cars they are currently building. Demand is high overseas as well as in the U.S. and Canada. For whatever reason, they want to keep demand high and supply low.

It occured to me that GM Canada is no longer worried about how many Corvettes they will sell as European and Australian markets have now swallowed up a good chunk of Canadian allocations. That means they believe they can sell all of their allocations at any price. Sad really. It kind of erks me that GM itself refuses to allow the platform to be built at places other than Bowling Green. I'm sure they could sell twice the number of cars they are currently building. Demand is high overseas as well as in the U.S. and Canada. For whatever reason, they want to keep demand high and supply low.
Premium or luxury products follow the same logic ( control output to create rarity); makes just enough unavailable to drive prestige of having one.

Can’t blame them for trying, market will tell them if it supports it.

On one hand, it’s good to see that the Corvette name is now getting up with the other more « exclusive » names. It’s all good for our resale values long term.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Only one thing worries GM. Bottom line. Pretty much a reflection of all big business.

Only one thing worries GM. Bottom line. Pretty much a reflection of all big business.
Yes, I am sure GM is always concerned about the 'bottom line'.
They need to be - they have shareholders to answer to.

That said, there is much more to consider than the 'bottom line' in successfully building, maintaining, and growing, an entity such as GM.
  • Customer satisfaction
  • Employee retention
  • Unions
  • Global environmental focus
  • Currency fluctuations
  • Real estate holdings
  • Equipment
  • Suppliers
  • Safety
  • blah, blah, blah.....
As an individual consumer, we can bitch all we want about not being able to get a green seat-belt in a yellow car (maybe you can?).
In the 'bigger picture', however, I feel GM has done alright for all involved, Corvette owners included.

Just saying.

Reactions: KTJF
Yes, I am sure GM is always concerned about the 'bottom line'.
They need to be - they have shareholders to answer to.

That said, there is much more to consider than the 'bottom line' in successfully building, maintaining, and growing, an entity such as GM.
  • Customer satisfaction
  • Employee retention
  • Unions
  • Global environmental focus
  • Currency fluctuations
  • Real estate holdings
  • Equipment
  • Suppliers
  • Safety
  • blah, blah, blah.....
As an individual consumer, we can bitch all we want about not being able to get a green seat-belt in a yellow car (maybe you can?).
In the 'bigger picture', however, I feel GM has done alright for all involved, Corvette owners included.

Just saying.
if I was in charge of GM I would have done the same thing and made sure that every country pays the same or more compared to domestic customers, then I would balance the price increase, allocations and wait times in particular country.

if I was in charge of GM I would have done the same thing and made sure that every country pays the same or more compared to domestic customers, then I would balance the price increase, allocations and wait times in particular country.

If I was GM or any car manufacturer, I would go the route of Tesla (which I don't even like) and do national lists for reservations and orders. Make it open and transparent and remove all the slimyness from dealerships and tacked on fees.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
I disagree, it’s always better to make more profit per unit than sell more cheaper units
No, you can't disagree! ;)
Quantity makes profit. Especially in a competitive market. If you sell your can of peas at a cheaper price than your competitor then you will likely sell more and hence make more profit. The more you make the more you sell. The more you sell the cheaper you can price your product.
100 cans of peas at $1 makes you $100
90 cans of peas at $1.10 makes you $99
Not only that but the more you can produce the cheaper it is to make your product because you buy in quantity. Cans become cheaper for your peas.

If I was GM or any car manufacturer, I would go the route of Tesla (which I don't even like) and do national lists for reservations and orders. Make it open and transparent and remove all the slimyness from dealerships and tacked on fees.
If I were GM I would be having lunch at Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen with my supermodel mistress and of course be following this CCF thread closely at the same time..... NOT....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.