When I purchase my Porsche Cayman S I got a full report. It was $500 back then. Got everything I described in my PPI description. They even gave me the compression reading on all 6 cylinders. And a leak down test. But didn’t want to get too technical. Yes you can pay $100 and they will do a little walk around for you and say that’s good haha.
Porsche and $500 makes more sense

Some data is sent to OnStar if you subscribe, but I'm not and no longer get vehicle status reports so I doubt it is being sent any more. Further, it's only health data. Not driving habits.
Thanks, that’s good to know. After all, these days more and more we are the product. Have you ever heard anyone question why Facebook can provide their “ service “ to two Billion people, given the huge cost of personnel , server farms, energy costs etc , for free ? Unless this form could be considered Social Media I have never had nor ever will have a Social Media account of any kind. Call me paranoid but I just value my privacy.

have an allocation for a 2024 C8. Looking to trade my Torch Red 2023 2LT Coupe Z51/MRC/Lift/GT2 Two Tone Seats +++ Window sticker was $113k. Only has 600 kms. Might I ask what others might feel is a fair trade on a new 3LT Z51/MRC/Lift +++ ?
Follow up…received trade value of $117.5K at dealer. Awaiting arrival of new 3LT on order.

Follow up…received trade value of $117.5K at dealer. Awaiting arrival of new 3LT on order.
Johnny, were are you located? Are you using a local dealer? That's a sales tax credit of $15,275 towards your next car with the trade in offer which is a very big reason to sell your car through a dealership or trade it in!

Johnny, were are you located? Are you using a local dealer? That's a sales tax credit of $15,275 towards your next car with the trade in offer which is a very big reason to sell your car through a dealership or trade it in!
Thanks for the feedback...Not sure I completely understand your comment. If you are asking did I trade into a dealer - YES. My post says received trade value of $117.5K at dealer. Have a written deal on a 2024 3LT with allocation. Waiting on TPW.
Sales credit is actually $17,625 in BC which will be total $135,125 credit - more than what I paid for the car.

Thanks for the feedback...Not sure I completely understand your comment. If you are asking did I trade into a dealer - YES. My post says received trade value of $117.5K at dealer. Have a written deal on a 2024 3LT with allocation. Waiting on TPW.
Sales credit is actually $17,625 in BC which will be total $135,125 credit - more than what I paid for the car.
Congrats! I also misunderstood your statement of “received a trade value” to mean that the dealer offered….

I wasn't sure if you were in Ontario or not? My point is, these cars are so expensive now and the sales tax component is such a big addition to the price of the car, it pretty much eliminates the ability to sell privately. You need to have a dealer do a pass through deal if you do sell the car and process the deal so you get the tax credit or just trade it in.

Reactions: NickRapidC8
I wasn't sure if you were in Ontario or not? My point is, these cars are so expensive now and the sales tax component is such a big addition to the price of the car, it pretty much eliminates the ability to sell privately. You need to have a dealer do a pass through deal if you do sell the car and process the deal so you get the tax credit or just trade it in.
Just did that with my 23. Have a tpw of Sept 25th for my 24. But with the strike coming who knows when I will get it.

Yes…understand. We have deal in place. The tax savings makes it worthwhile otherwise I would keep the 2023. On this sale the PST is 10%. Seems many are not aware of the sliding PST payable on vehicle purchases in BC ranging from 7-20%

Reactions: ScottyR
Just did that with my 23. Have a tpw of Sept 25th for my 24. But with the strike coming who knows when I will get it.
Surprised hearing of people already upgrading 2023's to go to 2024 with the new pricing. What is the upgrade that you have ordered?

I thought the rule apply to everyone that they must own it at lease one year plus 12K. My dealer told me that he can't take my car if it is under 12K. Johnny only have 600KMs on your car. I don't get it.
Cam, if someone gets a C8 that they didn't originally order, or they want to upgrade like in my case, some dealerships want the cars with as little milage as possible.
Many dealerships are now putting $1 liens on both new and used C8's to protect themselves and the original owner. The car cannot be exported with any type of lien.
The lien can be left on until the car reaches 12,000 km or for a specific period of time.

Cam, if someone gets a C8 that they didn't originally order, or they want to upgrade like in my case, some dealerships want the cars with as little milage as possible.
Many dealerships are now putting $1 liens on both new and used C8's to protect themselves and the original owner. The car cannot be exported with any type of lien.
The lien can be left on until the car reaches 12,000 km or for a specific period of time.
Scott, Thanks for clarifying that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.