I can’t wait until the day when I can visit my car at anytime over the winter. For now, it,s out of sight until Spring and the stress of wondering if mice will get in it like they did my truck (different locations). It’s been a few days since you’ve posted Garry so I hope you are doing wonderfully. I just finished writing my exam to obtain my P.Eng designation so I hope I can be on the forum more now that I don’t have to study!

If chance were to happen and that Garry had to be nearby,
I sent a text message greeting to his phone on Friday night
to mention that I was travelling to YEG on Saturday.
My phone says I sent it at 3:10 am Sat morning ... good lord Bell! ... that's not correct.
It's been a couple of days now and I have not received a reply as of yet.
Reading back, I'm really hoping this being an effect of new medication along
with the focus of harvest being behind him ... perhaps super tired and relaxing.
However not dismissing that I am also sharing in our concern ...

UPDATE
Just received a phone call from Garry. I asked and he granted me permission to pass along this update.
His voice was weak however was strong enough for a minute's discussion.
He has been admitted into Edmonton's UofA Cross Cancer Institute.
Progress is hopeful for going forward for amputation. Background noises appear to be the
initial checking for a procedure that is hoped to follow through fairly soon.
First thing Garry updates on is his relief of Harvest being completed. News is that soon after that,
he has been experiencing increasing and unendurable pain. It was also learned that other participants
in the trial program that Garry was a part of were experiencing setbacks and a couple even worse than that.
These factors among others have played a huge part in the decision of Garry's today.
Garry mentions during this phone call, that he is very much aware and ever so grateful
of his many Corvette Colleagues having such great and continuing concern for his well being,
Before wrapping up our brief conversation, shared with him that there are many best wishes
along with Gods Blessings from us all as this day progresses and toward his recovery.

Last edited:
with the greatest of respect, and with the overwhelming compassion I for one have always been in favour of amputation in most cases and in this case,

as difficult amputation is

amputation prolongs life and was my first choice all along,

If it is not too late it is really good news, and please this comes from someone who has a terminal illness but will probably be so slow to last another 2 decades,

Wish the amputation was just one toe instead, but with his strength and mental focus if there is anyone I have met
Gary can and will do it

wish him the best and his family and friends,

If this works it is good news indeed, as I have always worried

this concept is called. consider the downside risk. Hope in a few months Gary can welcome us for a visit, we are still coming

take care my friend we are with you in spirit

You will prevail my friend. Jeff and of course Robin.

👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👧 We are with ya man

Hello to all of Garry's CCF Army,
UPDATE text message from our Pal this morning. The ducks are lined up
for Garry's operation this coming Monday (Nov 19). Will be thinking of him.
Unless we witness yet another remarkable display of Garry's determination,
it is likely he won't be typing out a message for a while so it's my hope that I
will get word from his Mom or GF to pass along to us all.
All my Best Wishes to you Garry ...
Spence

Last edited:
Lets hope that this puts an end to Garry's ordeal.
He has been through the wringer with this s**t and never lost hope.
We will all be pulling for him this coming Monday.
12 Cents gets to start first because he is in NL and then it spreads across the country.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.