UPDATE
A "birdy" let me know this evening that Garry is scheduled for another procedure or two tomorrow Nov 27th.
Passing this word along to those who are watching/following this thread.
An initial procedure is intended to remove cancer that is known to remain and then
one may immediately follow to help close up the amputation sight … a skin grafting.
Word is that Garry has been preoccupied and is also experiencing sleepless anxiety.
Oh my … completely understandable. Request has been received to delay visitation
and our (Jeff or other) update will follow as soon as it is known.

Reactions: RockyPM
UPDATE
A "birdy" let me know this evening that Garry is scheduled for another procedure or two tomorrow Nov 27th.
Passing this word along to those who are watching/following this thread.
An initial procedure is intended to remove cancer that is known to remain and then
one may immediately follow to help close up the amputation sight … a skin grafting.
Word is that Garry has been preoccupied and is also experiencing sleepless anxiety.
Oh my … completely understandable. Request has been received to delay visitation
and our (Jeff or other) update will follow as soon as it is known.

Thanks for that update Spence. I’ve been wondering. Glad you’re keeping tabs on him. 👍

Reactions: YFCvii and RockyPM
UPDATE 29Nov2018
Tuesday's procedure went well and without haste.
What this means is that a continuance is necessary
and it is scheduled for next Monday, Dec 3rd.
Recognizing how challenging this must be for Garry
and those closest to him, there's an appreciation for the
diligent work in the hands of those with this task.
Knowing that a break may allow one's body to semi-recover,
may Garry read this to know that it is hoped for it to be possible
for a minimum of any anxiety during this wait. Our faith must prevail :thumbs:
... next update most likely about the middle to end of next week ...

(thank you @Jeffer2013 for passing the word to me for this thread)

Last edited:
I'll setup a quick campaign here just for this and push in 20 also. If someone's willing to purchase and deliver flowers and maybe a little gift if we get enough coin I'll send along the contents of the collection via email transfer as it's the least costly.

You can donate with PayPal and credit card.

New campaign setup at this link with an expiry of December 4. Please throw in a few bucks, there's no minimum. The entire fund minus credit card processing fees approx. 3% which I have no control over will be sent to a kind volunteer to purchase gift and or flowers or whatever we decide. I need a volunteer please.

Special Fund for Garry

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
flowers are quite traditional , do not last as long as I would like

we can do something different as we have great thoughtful folks here, let us try with some suggestions

Something to show our friendship. (but not a new car ok)

is this thought the direction we want, nice flowers are a fall back plan

Agreed. Maybe car related dare I say?

BTW those paying with CC there's an intermittent glitch that may result in your donation not showing up on the page. Rest assured credit card payment is getting through, I'll try to figure it out tomorrow and register your donations on here.

A nice plush blanket and plush socks. One of the biggest complaints I hear from friends in the hospital is that it's cold and hospital blankets are not much thicker than kleenex... Also something he will be able to take home and snuggle on the couch with.... Just a thought but I agree that flowers disappear pretty quick...

a corvette blankee

something that lasts, and perhaps corvette related. put names on it.
matching towels with a corvette and their names. They have embroidered shops all over and we can get it delivered,
now we are making some progress, yellow towels to match his car with both names. you folks got better brains than me please go ahead,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.