Garry and Michael. Canola is coming off the fields a mile a minute here now (figuratively speaking Suburban-Vetter :)). Pity the asthma sufferers as low dust hanging everywhere. 5 days of sun so far and a good forecast so looks like there is a good chance to complete. Good to hear yours is done Michael. :thumbs:... Keep burning diesel Garry.

Good evening,

So continued to prepare the 8820 combine and added lifters to the header or at least Jesse did.

Had to get mom to come and get me and return me home. Squeezed in a few hours of combining.

Pain again escalated. Now at the max point, 120 mg/day. Just couldn't function otherwise. But still makes me sad.

Canola 8.4% moisture. May still grade as a 3 but whatever the grade or yield it will be in the bin which is all that counts really.

Have a problem with the fan speed drive, Dad and Jesse will look at it in the morning while I wait for freight and the other 10 lifters.

Canola yield may also be disappointing. I had hoped for 40 but may not make 30, but again bumper crop or failure as long as what is there gets to the bin, all is well.

Cheers,

Garry

Garry you have alot of greens in there if grading a 3 . 8.4% moisture is good but this stuff is still like dynamite if thrown in a bin and left unchecked especially with the greens. Went to my neighbor here at 4 o'clock and his is in the 8's% and greens vary 2 - 5.2 but Pioneer is giving him a #1 as it is all going straight to them off the field. Bad part they stopped taking today and no cars till next 2uesday , so boys are just filling the 3 trailers 2night and shutting it down and moving back to wheat that is flat to the ground. Never thought we'd see sun and dry after the last month of disaster weather. Biggest gamble in the world this farming is.

Seen this cool looking jacket on ebay, only 78 bucks and free shipping. Only thing did they ever make a yellow Vette to match or know of anyone that might like to wear one like this ? .....:happy:......
CORVETTE C6 JACKET - YELLOW | eBay

Yellow Vette Jacket.jpg

yellow Vette.jpg

Good morning,

Yeah, maybe it will get better. Seed activity needs 20 to 30% moisture so I don't want to go back to that area ever! Oddly in talking with my friend Norm who farms at Donnelly, his moisture content is 22% and he is just crushed as he doesn't see combining or it being dryable for 3 plus days.

I am worried about it in storage but I'll just have to keep a daily log of the moisture and see which way it goes. Still happ more canola off. Jesse replaced me when I left so I hope he got off a few more hoppers. One acre at a time!

Cheers,

Garry

Garry you have alot of greens in there if grading a 3 . 8.4% moisture is good but this stuff is still like dynamite if thrown in a bin and left unchecked especially with the greens. Went to my neighbor here at 4 o'clock and his is in the 8's% and greens vary 2 - 5.2 but Pioneer is giving him a #1 as it is all going straight to them off the field. Bad part they stopped taking today and no cars till next 2uesday , so boys are just filling the 3 trailers 2night and shutting it down and moving back to wheat that is flat to the ground. Never thought we'd see sun and dry after the last month of disaster weather. Biggest gamble in the world this farming is.

Seen this cool looking jacket on ebay, only 78 bucks and free shipping. Only thing did they ever make a yellow Vette to match or know of anyone that might like to wear one like this ? .....:happy:......
CORVETTE C6 JACKET - YELLOW | eBay

View attachment 20720
View attachment 20721

Well no need to ask who just ordered this! Thanks so much for the eyes on the prize! I am going to look GOOD in this let me say! Have to risk going with the 3XL though, whatever else I don't want to look like a muffin.

Got a quote on shipping a Bolt rom Quebec City, $1700. I can probably live with that.

Cheers,

Garry

I rather doubt seeing such a fine collection could make my day end any better! Just fantastic!

Another maybe 50-60 ac done. A few technical issues we had to work through plus Jesse's gf from F S John came to surprise him at 5.

So we'll try out luck again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

It was a really hard day yesterday. Maybe worst pain ever or second worst perhaps. I just can't see going on another six weeks or so if it continues to escalate like this.

Should be 3/8 done at the farm, maybe 1/4 tonight which would be great. Poor gf really dragged down by everything like this and missing work today now too, poor woman, she deserves Sainthood in my eyes, Mom is coming to get me so I don't drive.

Made the decision to make an offer on a Bolt today out east, very excited! Three cousins going for a road trip to do this for me, again just surrounded by love.

Cheers,

Garry

Good to hear the weather is holding up Gary. Feel for you due to the pain you are experiencing. You have great family surrounding you. Goes to show that family are people that care for each other and do not have to be blood. Continue your gusto and spirit of living each day! We are behind you.

"Hi Garry ... Sorry for the delayed response ... Aidan coming to our house complaining that he wanted snack food (chips,pop etc) while he watched Netflix at your house and I gave him the chips ...

Went for a Family Lunch (with Wife & Daughter) to a neighborhood Subway this past weekend after spending the morning at an International University/College Expo at the Stampede Grounds . This Subway is a real nice one that just reopened with new customer lounging furniture - rather inviting with an actual sit-down dining-type table and contemporary style upholstered chairs. We each ordered our own meal. Decided we were going to take this moment and eat in the restaurant. We made our orders "combo meals" (which includes a cookie or chips).

During Lunch, the three of us shared stories. Likely inspired from enjoying a (Thanksgiving) Turkey Sub, coming to my mind, was a story of a fella I know who has a son who ranted on Thanksgiving Weekend to his Dad about there not being snack food in the house to eat. Without specific names, I rambled through my story with a norm of an embellishment or two along the way; with success his son found by storming out of the house and finding chips to eat elsewhere.

Well, a rather powerful story that I shared. As we departed the Subway, it was a comment of our Daughter that we left an unopened bag behind ... as she said ... "we really didn't need to get these chips, did we?".
My thoughts deepened by that statement, Garry, as I got an "ooooh Dad" response while giving her a bear hug.

I (we) truly hope Aidan is able to reason his actions of Thanksgiving Weekend. You are working so hard Garry and coping with so much. The miles between is truly the only thing keeping us from sharing a Subway meal with you - a place we found to just sit in a moment and unexpectedly bring a heart-felt purpose to "shooting-the- breeze".

Last edited:
well Garry you are getting close but may not finish if the forecast is right. At least it is testing dry. Yeah the swaths will be tougher to thresh than standing. Days are short and getting colder. Another 3 weeks is what is needed but I think there will be alot left out over winter. My friends up at Vegerville have lots to go and doubt they will finish as it never was dry and standing stuff was flattened by the snow.
Hope no break downs and the sun shines there for you awhile longer.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Finished up last night!

Very exhausted. Got up on time, cleaned up, had breakfast, wrapped arm and back to bed to suspend it! Up again, goin to try to go for exercise now, close to out of pain pills.

So tired so thanks for carrying me this fall, along with GS, Jesse, mom.

More when I have energy.

Cheers,

Garry

Glad to hear you finished threshing. It is a big stress relief when it is off the field finally. Still alot to deal with later and putting things away before it snows and stays. But at least you can get some needed rest and concentrate on your health more now. Waiting to see you smile when that yellow jacket shows up...:thumbs:... ,,I got my equipment parked in the shop as of yesterday and still cleaning up odds and ends around the yard. Put my 82 in a sea can yesterday, Rosie the ugly 93 I still may play with it alittle before I put it away. Just cut up some telephone poles for blocking under some sea cans I got coming on monday......work never ends on the farm.

Garry, probably easier said than done but don't get your self worn down too much. Get some rest if you can. Can you get a repeat on the pain killers?

Take care.

Got a different prescription. Higher rate, lower interval. Freaked out when it came with a Naxalone kit and a warning that if I take a pill too early it could kill me. Going to just have to be ultra careful. GF will have to walk me through step by step. But I've been resting all day, sleeping and rate of old pills 1 very 2 hours to 1 every 3 hours so tapering nicely.

I think there are few things that can compare to being don with the harvest. Knowing that you'll have food on the table for the next year etc. Now to focus on my son and my health. Great when one major stress factor is gone!

The z06 stays with me here too in the garage. I like to go and visit it as the temperature drops. Plus have drain the methanol has yet to be done.

And the jacket to cuddle in when it arrives!

Cheers,

Garry who is just oh so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you finished threshing. It is a big stress relief when it is off the field finally. Still alot to deal with later and putting things away before it snows and stays. But at least you can get some needed rest and concentrate on your health more now. Waiting to see you smile when that yellow jacket shows up...:thumbs:... ,,I got my equipment parked in the shop as of yesterday and still cleaning up odds and ends around the yard. Put my 82 in a sea can yesterday, Rosie the ugly 93 I still may play with it alittle before I put it away. Just cut up some telephone poles for blocking under some sea cans I got coming on monday......work never ends on the farm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.