Gary...as hard as your words are to read I am sure it does not compare to how hard they were for you to come to terms with and write. You honour us by including us in this most personal time. You are an inspiration to us all. I hope you can find some peace knowing you fought a great battle as you move forward. I wish the best for you and your family. We are all hoping for a miracle and we know they do happen. Warmest regards Kevin

Last edited:
Hello to Garry’s CCF Army .... I had a brief message exchange with Garry’s Fiancé Dec 31st and thought it would be best not to make it a part of the eve for the New Year and also to wait a few days with hope to find anything changing. I have not had a follow up after finding Garry being admitted into the Hospital in Fairview that day. It is my hope this message finds Garry today and will lift his spirit knowing he is always being thought of ...
Spence

Well …
this day's update from Fairview AB has heartfelt word that Garry is in the care of Hospice.
An only positive note I can think of at this moment …
is that Garry will have his increasing pain & suffering, medically managed.
Friendship,
Spence

I replied with our best regards to Garry, his fiancé (Jacquelyn), his Son and Garry's Parents.

Last edited:
Thanks Spence. Sad news. We were all praying for a long shot miracle as I'm sure his family was as well. Having been through this with family and friends before, hospice does give comfort through the pain as much as it's still so hard for those of family and friends that look on.

It is with Humbling Honour and Greatest Respect with a Heavy Heart
that news comes this Morning that Garry has passed away
:Angelsad2:
A Memorandum Thread has been posted that
Garry's Family and Friends will be made aware for Condolences.
Please feel free to click this link below for your message(s).
Thank you

HEAVY HEARTS for VELOCITY YELLOW RULES

Last edited:
Reflecting from a few days gone by and on the day prior to Garry's Service ...
I have to say that I am very grateful to Garry for accepting my friendly gesture a while back,
to help keep his thread(s) updated so that he could focus on his health and get better.
I'm grateful to Jacquelyn for allowing me to continue with updates, as Garry's health took him
away from being able to do online correspondence on his own.
It may be with the optimism that Garry brought to us in his past messages, that it is not initially interpreted
for what it is now known to be, Garry's final message. Hard to imagine what it took for him to post it
My struggles continue.................

... my updating task was first thought that it would not be needed for too long,
however not because of the reason that has now come to be. I was actually anticipating a rather
busy Summer that included sharing much more of Garry's struggle as he adapted with only his right
hand to much of what I take for granted. I was already trying to do a few things with my right hand only
just so I could somewhat relate. Showering, shaving and even using a towel. Sorry ... it has
become "my sad" : (

So this message? ... well, it's written as I step back from "the task" of updates and
acknowledge the many thank you’s from everyone while I was posting them.

Last edited:
Spence, Garry's passing has had an impact on me. A guy who I never had the opportunity to meet (very close in Quebec City last year) but somehow I think he was indeed a very special guy.

So enjoyed his farming stories over the years, this is something us "city folk" never hear about. I think it was a life he loved. Tomorrow will be tough for his family and I just hope they know that as we are spread out across this country we are there in spirit.

Rest In Peace Our CCF Brother.:Angelsad2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.