Chapters has these things called “reading socks” ...
they are thick as heck and really help me crash more than help reading comprehension.
I bet these would make for great hospital buddies ... although might have to include a “sock-putter-on’r”
for our “one armed amigo” so that he can independently put them on with that awesome determination
that we know him for ...
If we do get flowers ... remember they may be best being YELLOW ... thinking out loud too ...

I wish I knew an easy phone resolve for him too ... he text messages with a flip phone 😳 ...
but I’m rather certain phones are more of a personal thing when choosing ...

Last edited:
Chapters has these things called “reading socks” ...
they are thick as heck and really help me crash more than help reading comprehension.
I bet these would make for great hospital buddies ... although might have to include a “sock-putter-on’r”
for our “one armed amigo” so that he can independently put them on with that awesome determination
that we know him for ...
If we do get flowers ... remember they may be best being YELLOW ... thinking out loud too ...

I wish I knew an easy phone resolve for him too ... he text messages with a flip phone 😳 ...
but I’m rather certain phones are more of a personal thing when choosing ...

Well could get him a budget smartphone. We almost have enough cash for that already... This way he can browse here too.

I also still need a volunteer to accept proceeds and do the buying/delivering as needed.

Reactions: YFCvii
I am trying to free my schedule for a run to YEG next Friday ... I realize Jeff is attempting to visit as well .... there are some logistics to visit as we are checking with his fiancé on visiting and are playing it by ear following dec 3rds success ...

I am trying to free my schedule for a run to YEG next Friday ... I realize Jeff is attempting to visit as well .... there are some logistics to visit as we are checking with his fiancé on visiting and are playing it by ear following dec 3rds success ...

That's cool Spence. Whoever can locally get to him gets the pot. We have some time to discuss/decide just throwing it out there.

Reactions: YFCvii
That would be by using the “Donate” tab at the top right of your screen (and not via the “Donate” box as your scroll down the side screen (when on a PC)
You use the drop down "Donate" from the top left of the Main Page your phone (and not via the "Donate" Section that you see as you scroll down all the Sections on the Main Page)

hope this helps a bit too

Last edited:
Alright all, campaign is over. We collected a total of $416. As I mentioned deduct approx. 3% from this amount that credit card processors will skim so call it approx. $400.

Thanks to all who donated, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

Next step who gets the money and what do we get.

Last edited:
Been thinking about this all day. Life has changed for Garry but as we have seen from his posts about his farming life he is adaptable to just about any challenge. He probably has lots of needs now, things we may not have even thought about but are important to him.

With that in mind maybe we can just give him a card, the cash and let him know our thoughts are with Garry and his family. We know he will put it to go use.

Murray

Been thinking about this all day. Life has changed for Garry but as we have seen from his posts about his farming life he is adaptable to just about any challenge. He probably has lots of needs now, things we may not have even thought about but are important to him.

With that in mind maybe we can just give him a card, the cash and let him know our thoughts are with Garry and his family. We know he will put it to go use.

Murray

That's definitely a good option Murray.

too bad CCF doesn't have some T shirt or jacket and put on all the names who donated , speaking of jacket the yellow one I found him on ebay must of arrived and waiting for him at home. Maybe blowup a pic of his avatar and write all our names on it so he has something for the wall , a card & cash wishing him the best from us all here.

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.