Good Morning Garry. I always look for your first message back and much like Spence, today brought a big smile to my face. So glad to see you back with us but xfire is correct. It's tough to keep a farm boy down. :Pistolsmiley: And don't fret about typing with one hand. Most of us here have to use one finger..or is that just me...? . :Biggrin: Have a good day Garry and rest up. Won't be no time and you'll be bored stiff and wishing for spring like the rest of us....lol...

Eric

Reactions: YFCvii
Made my day. Garry you're back in the saddle again. Good to hear from you. Now about that new fangled smart phone thing, you can actually talk to it and let it type for you! Just make sure to check the spelling and the words. that siri things sometimes likes to play tricks on us! Rest and be well!

Reactions: YFCvii
Made my day. Garry you're back in the saddle again. Good to hear from you. Now about that new fangled smart phone thing, you can actually talk to it and let it type for you! Just make sure to check the spelling and the words. that siri things sometimes likes to play tricks on us! Rest and be well!
Yes and agreed ... Garry ... if iPhone, insist that a retailer gives you the timing for best pricing of an iPhoneX (ten) and then you can consider seeing if the "home button" or "thumb swiping" suits you better - the voice options are really cool and your hopeful electric car will connect easily too. A real good retailer should be found to value-add your purchase and be able to sell by exemplifying it all with you and for your needs - whether an iPhone or other ... Cheers

side note - a dedicated provider outlet (ie Bell Store or a Telus Store) will compete very hard
for your business if knowing you are considering the other ... whereas a multi-provider outlet
(ie BestBuy and Mall Kiosks) has never really shown me much effort by just saying ...
"these are all I got to pick from dude". This past Spring, I had the Bell Store tell me to leave :Sorry:
but said patience will be rewarded if you come back in two weeks as a promo is coming :Wideyed: ...
ended up with 3 new iX's :Woot: on a shared plan. :joyful:

Last edited:
Hi Garry. Well you just made my day. So glad you are back home and through that ordeal. 2 handed typing is overrated anyway. Most of us just make a mess trying more than 2 finger typing anyway. Well I’m 2 fingering now and still messing it up.
Lots of adjustments for you now but first heal on up and the rest will come. Man I’m sure glad you didn’t wait another day to go in.

Velocity Yellow Garry will always rule on here.

Derek.
PS: we still plan on heading your way next spring.

Well, it is over. 5 or 6 radiation treatments to try to show things down but even my lead oncologist was shocked when he saw how things had spread over the previous 3 weeks since surgery.

No more farming.

No mor Z06 rides as it looks like lasting until spring is possible. Just have to get mr MAID paperwork is done and then wait until the pain gets too bad for me to live with it.

You have all been such good support and especially the CCF 16! Although not feeling worthy I am grateful...............

It was a good run at any rate and made my life that much more enjoyable, one more happy farmer in the world!

With my love and greatest affection to my Corvette brothers,

Garry

Don't know what to say Garry other than you made one hell of a run at it kicking ass all the way.
Would be nice to get in to the Vette in the spring.
You have great people with you, your mom & GF.
As to all of CCF, I am sure all our thoughts and prayers are with you..

Take care

Richard

Garry, I echo Richards thoughts.

There is never a good time to hear news like this however you are one strong man and you just never know.

Positive thoughts from my family to yours. May it be a Wonderfull Christmas with your family and friends.

Hey Garry. Although your news is not good, you have been fighting like a world champ. I'm putting my Cristmas wish in right now for you to have both of a great time with your family and friends, and quality seat time in your Z this spring. And as Murray said, "you just never know".

Eric

This news will be shocking for many Garry as the gang has been following along with hope you wouldn't have to sacrifice the arm. I like others here have been a big Garry fan so know you are ingrained into the hearts of many people. You have shown such courage and determination while keeping life positive for those around you.
I, of course, am praying for you to receive a reprieve from this to carry on being Garry.

Sending you and yours our very best for the holiday season.
D

Garry,
Thank you for continuing your determination to share on your thread as "struggles continue".
Please know we want you to continue and that we embrace every message from you Garry.
In your writings and with your strength and determination, I read of great devineness in so many responses.
As it is being confessed there being a likelihood for a few things that may no longer be possible for you, it is truly heartfelt as you have indoctrinated a sustenance of HOPE within us … and it will continue to be advocated on CCF for hope to prevail.

May it be possible for distance on Alberta roads to shorten and for our paths to cross again very soon.
A greatest treasure of mine in 2018, will always be the day I was blessed to personally shake your hand and feel welcomed into the aura of your great courage and character and meeting your Mom. Since then learning of your GF (fiancé) and your Son and even about another young man in your sons school.
Gods Blessing to you Garry and for those closest to you as 2018 goes forward into 2019 ...
Spence

Last edited:
Garry, I have few words...…………..I'm saddened by your recent news. I will continue to think and pray for you and your loved ones. Not long ago my wife experienced a life miracle and she was spared, reinforcing for me to never give up hope. You have touched so many of us here by sharing your experience.....I will always respect you for your positive attitude in a time of struggle.
Bruce

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Gary ....

I am sorry to hear about your recent news. Our thoughts and prays are with you and loved ones !
CCF.jpg

Hello Garry..
Your message brings me sorrow but far outweighed by your determination and courage...
Your messages have always shown us how a positive point of view is the best way to live a life. I will adapt this to my own future.
We always look forward to hearing from you, about your Zed, your family, your farming and most importantly about yourself.
Our thoughts are towards you and your family.
We never met in-parson Garry but I feel like I know you...
Stay the course my friend.

Graham & Bev

Last edited:
Garry, I am at a lost for words. Although we have never met in person I have followed your ups and downs through this group and I am honoured to call you a friend. I continue to keep you, your GF and your son in my prayers.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Gary you are in Joanne and my thoughts and prayers. I remember the first time I met you at the Ponoka start of summer show. We had some good laughs. Stay strong and everyone here is on your side.

Hi Garry, and Merry Christmas to you and your family. You are in my prayers and hope all goes well with the trials. We are all pullin for ya! When ya can, go for a cruise, and bury the right foot a bit....in safety that is lol. Godspeed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.