This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LSXtacy getting FAST.....ER

Nice , so when its coming in

Good evening Justin,

What exciting news! It is always nice to treat yourself to a little more get up and go. Better you don't wait until to are my or Colin's age (!) to acrue this wisdom.

I hope that there will be before and after dyno runs so we can see what you are gaining.

Cheers,

Garry

Nice , so when its coming in

Very,very soon.

My goal isn't all out power. Yes, I want the mods I do to count and be worth it but what I want is something streetable, but also something that can shred at a road coarse, and AutoX. I want usable RWHP. My car is far from show quality so this is the direction that I want to go.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great choice . You will love your cammed car!!! I had a VRX5 cam in mine and liked it a lot which wasn't a whole lot more cam than you are going with but I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a high(er) revving cam that would have liked a 7k RPM redline instead of 6500. I think with changes in lobe profile and technology/expertise you're dealing with that there isn't good reason to think you wouldn't have as good or better "nunbers" with better street manners.

Thanks! That's good encouragement.

I now have all the parts that I need in my grubby little hands. I ended up going with an LG G5X3 114+4 LSA cam. Can't freakin' wait!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Wow, I missed this news from back in June -- congrats Justin.....You Z will be an even bigger monster when done.
Post progress and pics if possible.

C.

Thanks Colin. I'll try. My end goal is only 415-430ish RWHP. I want a car that's still streetable but not a handful, and something that's going to be good at a road coarse/ AutoX. That's why I bought a Vette in the first place was for it's all around performance. After this cam I should be good for awhile with maybe the exception of Pfadt sway bars, aluminum flywheel and possible some new wheels, which will either be next year or the following year.

Last edited:
I'm back from Costa Rica, and I can't wait to pick up my baby from Dasilva Motorsports. Manny says she's pretty lumpy sounding. I'm dying to know the HP numbers.

I'm back from Costa Rica, and I can't wait to pick up my baby from Dasilva Motorsports. Manny says she's pretty lumpy sounding. I'm dying to know the HP numbers.

Woohoo Justin -- yeah I did see it at Manny's shop just waiting for some 'TLC' from you......

Can't wait to hear all about that and what it does for track times and such.

Bet it sounds 'awesomer'.....

C.

BTW - where is it you're going next week? Italy or Spain?

Can you post a video of a cold start, idle, and some revs? Haven't heard too many cammed vettes out there. I am sort of interested........lol.

Knowing Arun it'll be just a little lumpy but very streetable......and should net somewhere around 30 hp...... oooolala -- Justin's is in for a nice surprise.

Yes to the vid Justin if you have time.

C.

Good evening Justin,

What exciting news! I can't wait for you to post your initial thoughts of the upgrades.

The weather here is sort of poor, gusty and cool but this thread now is going to make me go out for a 10 minute ride to get in the spirit of things.

Plus I bought my son an anime "Initial-D" and I have been "drifting" in and out of the living room while he has been watching them!!

Cheers,

Garry

Good evening,

Wow that did me the world of good! Didn't get to spend a whole lot of time under boost but a bit on the way into town. My strange luck of seeing a police car at every turn continues as I met one on my way into town tonight - where are they all coming from? I never encountered them before like this.......I take it as a sign I need to be behaving!

Calibrated my radar detector.

Was also initially so happy when the "Service Active Handling System" light which had popped on my last drive on Thursday was gone - then 6miles later it came on again - drat! But I still have to check the tire pressure as Colin recommended..........

Cheers,

Garry

That sucks Garry, and seems to be somewhat of a Murphy's Law deal. For sure, as Colin stated, check your tire pressure.

Now for the good stuff....I went from 364rwhp and 368rwtq to 416rwhp and 372rwtq!!! So happy, and it drives awesome! But I have to admit that it's the "chug" at idle that has me all giddy. Love it! Great job by Manny, Arun, and the rest of his crew! :thumbup:
Sorry, no vids as of yet.

Wow Justin -- That's even better than I thought .... Awesome power for sure.
That Z is an even bigger beast now....... congrats and kudos to Manny's crew.

I can't get over that : 52 hp ??? Arun must have retuned and optimized everything to get that...... That is one fine job with a cam and tune....

I bet you're happy with that.....

Can't wait to hear it in person. may even be tempted with a cam sometime down the road when I'm used to or bored with what I have now.

We gots to hook up soon brother -- let me know when you're available and I can meet and 'compare notes'.....

C.