Apr 19, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
1969 L71
Province
NS
Hello all,
New here. Recently acquired a numbers matching, and documented, with buildsheet 1969 L71, M-21, 3:90, Monza red, red leather interior coupe. Been in a climate controlled basement since 1982, 58xxx original. Interior was removed to replace carpet, chrome was taken off and restored, and radiator was removed to be re-cored.
The car fell into my lap and I couldn’t pass it up. It will join my ‘66 Chevy II SS, my ‘66 Acadian Canso (building it as a gasser), my wife’s ‘72 Nova restomod that I’m finishing for her, my ‘67 SS396-350 HP, M-20, 3:31(posi) Chevelle that’s on the rotisserie, and my ‘67 SD 396-325, TH400, 2:76(posi) Beaumont that’s next in line for restoration. Phew, lots to spit out there.
Eastern Canada NS boy all 47 years of my life and I’m very blessed and humbled to be where I am in life. Love my Chevys!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you like a "project"? Quite a herd of Chevys you've amassed?
Only 47, and a busy boy, it would seem? :Biggrin:
Welcome! :Cheers2:
That is true. The Chevy II is has been done for years, the 72 Nova just needs a new engine wiring harness installed (literally just had a Painless kit delivered yesterday), the 66 Acadian is a basket case (hence the desire to build it into a gasser), the 67 SS Chevelle is ready for bodywork ( all metal work is completed), and the 67 SD Beaumont is a basket case as well ( this car and the Chevelle were in one of my dads shops for 30 years up until January of last year).
I just sold a 66 Acadian SD project car 2 weeks ago that’s headed to Quebec, I have a 67 Acadian Invader 4 door that I’m doing a quick once over to sell to someone that wants to get into the hobby, and I have a 66 Acadian Invader 4 door that I purchased for all the acadian specific items for the basket case 66 Canso gasser I’m going to build. I’ll probably end up making that 66 4 door into a Chevy II because it is in excellent shape…..but it’s a 4 door🤷‍♂️.
Here’s a few pics:
My Chevy II SS
Wife’s 72 Nova
66 Acadian SD that I just sold (it was dressed as a Chevy II when purchased
66 Invader (donor for gasser)
66 Canso (gasser
67 invader (getting a quick once over and being sold)
67 SD Beaumont (a lot of work ahead)
67 SS Chevelle restored chassis (has since had power steering box and original 12 bolt restored and installed)
67 SS Chevelle (on the rotisserie- paint splotches are spots that had metal work done, ready to be blasted and set back down on chassis)

Not enough hours in the day. I’m a contractor (a hands on contractor, not a point-and-tell-someone-else-to-do-it type) and we’re run off our feet, so it gets tough to find the time to work on these things and now that the nice weather is here I tend to go cruising in the Chevy II instead of working on things🤷‍♂️.

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpeg
    IMG_0461.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4224.jpeg
    IMG_4224.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3590.jpeg
    IMG_3590.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1507.jpeg
    IMG_1507.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3565.jpeg
    IMG_3565.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3991.jpeg
    IMG_3991.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3768.jpeg
    IMG_3768.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
That is a wonderful stable. You are a lucky guy for sure. You told us about the 69 Vette, now we need some photos.
Ask and you shall receive…

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpeg
    IMG_4370.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4527.jpeg
    IMG_4527.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 0
That is true. The Chevy II is has been done for years, the 72 Nova just needs a new engine wiring harness installed (literally just had a Painless kit delivered yesterday), the 66 Acadian is a basket case (hence the desire to build it into a gasser), the 67 SS Chevelle is ready for bodywork ( all metal work is completed), and the 67 SD Beaumont is a basket case as well ( this car and the Chevelle were in one of my dads shops for 30 years up until January of last year).
I just sold a 66 Acadian SD project car 2 weeks ago that’s headed to Quebec, I have a 67 Acadian Invader 4 door that I’m doing a quick once over to sell to someone that wants to get into the hobby, and I have a 66 Acadian Invader 4 door that I purchased for all the acadian specific items for the basket case 66 Canso gasser I’m going to build. I’ll probably end up making that 66 4 door into a Chevy II because it is in excellent shape…..but it’s a 4 door🤷‍♂️.
Here’s a few pics:
My Chevy II SS
Wife’s 72 Nova
66 Acadian SD that I just sold (it was dressed as a Chevy II when purchased
66 Invader (donor for gasser)
66 Canso (gasser
67 invader (getting a quick once over and being sold)
67 SD Beaumont (a lot of work ahead)
67 SS Chevelle restored chassis (has since had power steering box and original 12 bolt restored and installed)
67 SS Chevelle (on the rotisserie- paint splotches are spots that had metal work done, ready to be blasted and set back down on chassis)

Not enough hours in the day. I’m a contractor (a hands on contractor, not a point-and-tell-someone-else-to-do-it type) and we’re run off our feet, so it gets tough to find the time to work on these things and now that the nice weather is here I tend to go cruising in the Chevy II instead of working on things🤷‍♂️.

True car guy

Reactions: L71Gillis

Users who are viewing this thread