Hey Brian. Where did u purchase? I saw that u installed yourself. Would u do it again? Optically clear? Expensive? Thinking of doing 'vette and coach.

My brother worked at a dealership in Calgary that offered it. Yes, i would do it again. He said he only heard of one replacement and I guess it was a huge rock that hit.

he got one for me but said don't expect anymore...... guessing telling I had a ZR1 ( expensive shield ) helped getting one maybe.

It was expensive if you got a warranty that if your windshield cracks they replace it for free.

I will check one place here that might offer it with no warranty

I will update with my findings.

Brian

I believe it's standard autoglass in Red Deer, north end that has the system but can't sell it officially anymore. Could talk to the owner and see if he will part with it Garth.

I've had glass insurance on my car ever since I bought it was only $6 a year difference! Been worthwhile for those bad years. Had a 2" rock come off a trailer on Highway 2 in August give me a bullseye the size of a tennis ball 2 years ago! When I priced the windshield out it was crazY! Some people have put a regular windshield instead of the reflective (relfective needed for the HUD) and say it works ok just not as bright.

Glass place in west Edmonton has it for 100 bucks installed for the rock protection stuff
Glass masters in west Edmonton about 170 178 st and 118 ave can't look it up right now. Mark I think is the guys name.

Jeff

Last edited:
We will use this for the start of the cruise till we lose cell signal near the mountains. It should be back working in Lake Louise.

I might set up a name for this event... Paul and I will decide closer or just use the !CCF one

Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking

Real-time location information for participating members courtesy of Glympse.

Share your location and destination info in real-time during your next meet, cruise or event. Simply download the Glympse app and join the Glympse group below.

Send your location to Glympse Group: !CCF OR Twitter User: @CorvetteForums OR Twitter Hashtag: [HASHTAG]#ccfmeet[/HASHTAG]

Get the Glympse App by clicking HERE

Reactions: Nik
Hey Brian. Where did u purchase? I saw that u installed yourself. Would u do it again? Optically clear? Expensive? Thinking of doing 'vette and coach.

OK, I found it.........

There is 3 strengths..... the guy said use the Ultra on the Corvette.

I have the med on my car now..... I bought an Ultra to do anther coat.

$75.00 plus GST for it with you installing yourself.... so, $78.xx

He said $100 for them to install.. it is not hard... think it is wipes to wipe on... did it 5 years ago... no chips or cracks.

it is good stuff.

So, who ever wants me to bring them an Ultra to Ponoka can etransfer me $80.00 by Friday noon and I will get how ever many

etransfer $80.00 to [email protected] but Friday noon.

If you not coming to Ponoka and want me to mail it I would say $100.00 and I will mail it.

and you CAN put it on a non new windshield.

Brian

We will use this for the start of the cruise till we lose cell signal near the mountains. It should be back working in Lake Louise.

I might set up a name for this event... Paul and I will decide closer or just use the !CCF one

Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking

Real-time location information for participating members courtesy of Glympse.

Share your location and destination info in real-time during your next meet, cruise or event. Simply download the Glympse app and join the Glympse group below.

Send your location to Glympse Group: !CCF OR Twitter User: @CorvetteForums OR Twitter Hashtag: [HASHTAG]#ccfmeet[/HASHTAG]

Get the Glympse App by clicking HERE

I see a couple of you on the CCF map with expired locations so you're definitely getting the hang of it.

OK got some Great News ... Ponoka has inspired adrenaline ... so add to the Lake Louise List :thumbs: !!!
Freda & I (Spence) have just committed to a Room at the Lake Louise Inn for June 3rd and will definitely be joining in as we will drive to Red Deer from Calgary that morning. Found that standard rooms are booked ... but no issue as I now get to treat my wife to a room upgrade in exchange for tolerating my perks of this new Corvette addiction - as it was "the purchase" that was suppose to be the hardest thing for her to "put-up" with. :rolleyes:
She does truly enjoy the social aspect with such fine people as we discover new and different things to do together.
We look forward to this "chapter" on June 3rd & 4th :happy::happy:

:thumbs: Off my to-do list ... having my teen help set me up Glympse (lol) :Confused5: ...

:thumbs: Off my to-do list ... obtaining our free Parks Canada 150 Pass :canada:

Last edited:
OK got some Great News ... Ponoka has inspired adrenaline ... so add to the list !!!
Freda & I (Spence) have just committed to a Room at the Lake Louise Inn for June 3rd and will definitely be joining in as we will drive to Red Deer from Calgary that morning. Found that standard rooms are booked ... but no issue as I now get to treat my wife to a room upgrade in exchange for tolerating my perks of this new Corvette addiction - as it was "the purchase" that was suppose to be the hardest thing for her to "put-up" with. :rolleyes:
She does truly enjoy the social aspect with such fine people as we discover new and different things to do together.
We look forward to this "chapter" on June 3rd & 4th :happy::happy:

... next getting my teen to help set me up with that tracking App (lol) :Confused5: ...

also I see the reminder to grab FREE Parks Canada 150 Pass for the overnight stays within the Park
we were kindly reminded of this bonus and was presented with one during our recent visit into
the AMA for our annual bleed of the Government of Alberta Vehicle Registration Money Grab)

Cool... you will enjoy it. We allow Jeff to come to keep us entertained! ( the guy who parked backwards yesterday ) haha

It is a fun weekend in the mountains.

Brian

Last edited:
Whew! we a made a good first impression, got lucky! it will be fun Pence and Frida! told my wife Jo all about your color and she wants to see it in person!

PENCE, Reallly Keyboard! Damnit I really have to get a new keyboard. Sorry about that Spence.:Banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YFCvii
Whew! we a made a good first impression, got lucky! it will be fun Pence and Frida! told my wife Jo all about your color and she wants to see it in person!

It was awesome to meet you and we look forward to meeting Jo ... and you get a "Like" on your comment on Freda's behalf for complimenting only the colour.
It was the one aspect that she stipulated to be in her control during our purchase ... and the colour compliments continue to thrive for her after the fact.
Thank you and see you both soon ! :happy::happy:

Canadian Tire has 2 way radios on sale this week, starting from $36 a pair.

It might be a way to chat a bit on the drive... yes, some say if roofs are off can't hear them that well.Some have earphone jacks.

Maybe jeff can tell jokes the whole drive... LOL

Bring your radios if you have some or think about checking out this sale... on till Thursday night this week.

We lose cell service from the park gate are till we get to Lake Louise.

Brian

Canadian Tire has 2 way radios on sale this week, starting from $36 a pair.

It might be a way to chat a bit on the drive... yes, some say if roofs are off can't hear them that well.Some have earphone jacks.

Maybe jeff can tell jokes the whole drive... LOL

Bring your radios if you have some or think about checking out this sale... on till Thursday night this week.

We lose cell service from the park gate are till we get to Lake Louise.

Brian

COOOL Man :cool: ... flash back to :Shifty: Smokey and Bandit Dayz :thumbs:
I've got dibs on the call-sign "Helmet" :Smug: ... but call-sign "Crash" is up for grabs ;)

hahahaha.... you guys are cracking me up.... I have FRS radios and will toss them in.... Back in my CB radio days... and that was long before the 90's... my handle was Puff n' Stuff.... And you can read whatever you like into that.... Probably not a lot even remember that show...lol...
Untitled.jpg

I think I'd better just stick with Rruuff Day....

And thanks again Brian for the windshield product delivery... Unfortunately I had to run and didn't get a chance to socialize nearly as much as I wanted.... Next time...

Eric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.