Why would you not be coming in the ZR1??

because ZR1 owners hardly drive their cars :) :( haha Well, most.... odd one I see now for sale with 30,000-50,000 km and they don't seem to sell that easy.

Last year it was gonna rain most of our cruise and I just didn't feel like putting the miles on it. OH, it was raining the day I picked it up so did drive it in the rain and even wet late April snow in Butte and Lethbridge / not icy twice for only 10-20 km each till I could park it .... on the way home :(

i have taken it on Paul's Mountain cruise....once or twice.....

One other ZR1 owner told me his car doesn't leave town when I asked if he wants to do the cruise with us.

Many people wanting to buy these cars want low km - seen people post looking for one under 10,000 km..... ZR1 buyers are way too picky.... so I kinda moderate the km I put on it.

think i am at 23,000 km or so.. the day I picked up the car in Seattle I drove it all the way to Los Angeles down the coastline...... that was amazing... Then up to Las Vegas to store it in Vegas for the winter and drove it here the next spring from Vegas I drove it a bunch.. if I knew I was keeping it for a long time I wouldn't care. Not sure what I am doing, planned to own it for 2 years to try it and now had it for 5+ years LOL

How many ZR1's did I see on the roads here last summer.... maybe 2-5 of them...

4200km ........ 2500 miles / 7 years = 350 miles a year ....... How many highway drives you think this guy has done??

2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1/3ZR Coupe (2 door) | used cars & trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

Glad I enjoy my car more then this guy - well I am at 2400 miles a year with my miles... still low

and because I should sell it one day i don't want to mile/km it up.

Brian

Last edited:
UPDATE as of April 15, 2017

Overnighters - Booked @ Lake Louise Inn

1. Rocky PM
  2. 2009CGM ZR1
  3. Jeffer2013
  4. Rruuff Day
  5. Baby Ray
  6. Pep
  7. C7 Stuart
  8. Rollnlow
  9. Dub
  10. BlueBaiker (Friend of top 3 and isn't on internet
  11. Dave Watson
Daytrippers
  1. *ZR01#
  2. RJ-C6ZR1 - Blue
  3. MJ-C5 - Blue
14 cars now! Temperature is looking like high teens, p6ossible shower but too soon to tell. I'm talking with the Inn to plan for dedicated Parking. Another week or two and I will have a meeting with the inn to confirm an area for us to park based on a verified number of cars! Brian and I will be working on some special goodies for our trip.

June 3rd

- 9:00 am - Meet in Red Deer Morning of June 3 @ McDonalds, just off 67th Street/Hwy. 11 Roundabout
- 9:30 am - Leave and travel west to Rocky Mountain House.
- 10:30 am - Arrive at Tim Horton's Rocky Mountain House South Side.
There are several gas stations here to fuel up as there is no premium 94 gas until Lake Louise.
- 11:00 am - Leave and travel west to Saskatchewan Crossing, Photo stops long the way
- 2:00 pm Lunch at the Parkway Pub up at the back of Saskatchewan Crossing. Great south facing deck!
- 3:15 ish pm - Leave heading south with Stop at Bow Lake Photo Stop to Lake Louise
- 4:30 pm - Check in to Lake Louise Inn. There will be time to Fuel, clean etc before supper
The Lake Louise Inn has a deal on rooms, including tax is about $200 all in, This includes free cancellation up to four days in advance of the booking so May 31st. Go to Expedia or search your favorite travel site.

June 4th

- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Drive to and visit Moraine Lake.
- 10:00 am ish - Leave and take the Bow Valley Parkway. Speed limit along this section is 60 km/hr.
- 11:00 am Banff - we will tour main street and based on a vote can stop at the car wash first before entering the town.
- Continue from Here and stop as we see fit. At this point based on where people are from the option will be to travel as people want to leave.

Here's the Map!
Sign in - Google Accounts
Just to keep you current it appears that these two folks listed below are booked in at Lake Louise - I will leave the group at Lake Louise and drive through to Calgary.
  1. RJ-C6ZR1 - Blue
  2. MJ-C5 - Blue

Hey Paul, Brian, Jeff. Haven't seen u since we introduced the crossing pub to the group on the inaugural run. Gonna join u on this Louise trip. Got the room booked and running it by a few others. Not much left for rooms. Tried the "Post" first as thats Pam's favorite but all booked due to a wine weekend. The Inn has 2 left, according to the sales clerk at front counter. Trying to set up for the Ponoka trip also. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Anyone running through Drayton Valley, Buck Lake area south on 22 to Rocky, let us know and we can join up Sat. morning.

Reactions: marty
Hey Paul, Brian, Jeff. Haven't seen u since we introduced the crossing pub to the group on the inaugural run. Gonna join u on this Louise trip. Got the room booked and running it by a few others. Not much left for rooms. Tried the "Post" first as thats Pam's favorite but all booked due to a wine weekend. The Inn has 2 left, according to the sales clerk at front counter. Trying to set up for the Ponoka trip also. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Anyone running through Drayton Valley, Buck Lake area south on 22 to Rocky, let us know and we can join up Sat. morning.

Great Garth?? guessing Grant ???... ... yes, it has been a while.

Try make it to Ponoka next weekend too

Brian

Hwy 22 is pretty stabdard highway some large curves. Brazeau Dam, Hwy. 620 and Sunchild Road is a beuatiful drive but brings you out west of Rocky Mountain house about 20 minutes. Great to hear you are coming Garth, Jo is looking forward to visiting with Pam again!

if I make this trip I would be coming down from Drayton south to Rocky to meet up with the rest of the group. might have another Yellow Vette along, if I can pull him away from the fields.

We live by dv and you can hook up with us and tow me to rocky as will have just brought it out from hibernation and it may be still yawning !

Good stuff

And good by
Jeffy

Hwy 22 is pretty stabdard highway some large curves. Brazeau Dam, Hwy. 620 and Sunchild Road is a beuatiful drive but brings you out west of Rocky Mountain house about 20 minutes. Great to hear you are coming Garth, Jo is looking forward to visiting with Pam again!

Hiway 22 does contain a lot of oilfield traffic. Although it is Saturday

Just saying for rocks and mud. Jeff. But I will go that way
Jeff

Hiway 22 normally much cleaner than 11 west. One of the vette's lost a windshield on our first trip on 11. I have lost more than a dozen on various vehicles on 11, 1 vette, worth about 1500. Never lost one on 22, yet. Not saying it can't happen, leave a little extra space on either.

Hiway 22 normally much cleaner than 11 west. One of the vette's lost a windshield on our first trip on 11. I have lost more than a dozen on various vehicles on 11, 1 vette, worth about 1500. Never lost one on 22, yet. Not saying it can't happen, leave a little extra space on either.
Excellent thanks. Jeff

deciding if I should get glass coverage on the ZR1.... $186/year I have the fusion coating on it should should be good but I installed it myself so you never know

Good point Jeff...... big trucks drop rocks ( on any highway ) .

Will decide soon if I should get coverage.

Last edited:
deciding if I should get glass coverage on the ZR1.... $186/year I have the fusion coating on it should should be good but I installed it myself so you never know

Good point Jeff...... big trucks drop rocks ( on any highway ) .

Will decide soon if I should get coverage.

got glass for corvette, wifes green mustang, can I get insurance on the unique colour?), and on the Toyota

hate the bill as it s a windshield each year, but if the corvette goes it s 1700 bucks Jeff

I gotta great friend who owns and operates a Glass Replacement Company in Calgary. Does not supply/install the "cheap glass".
My replacement cost quote on 2016-3LT (with heads-up) is $1k. So I got the glass insurance coverage but it's always a guess when to
actually make a claim as the "claim-free" goes away.
Nevertheless, for those who might need a replacement and will be in or visiting Calgary and want a lead on this Glass Company,
drop me a note and I will reply. The integrity of the Owners of this Glass Company truly meets or exceeds that like a Corvette Owner toward their car. :thumbs:

Other than that ... I really hope this awesome trip has no windshield casualties!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pep
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.