R

RockyPM

UPDATE as of May 27, 2017

NEWFLASH
:canada:I've confirmed there will be extra servers at the Pubway where we are stopping for lunch at Saskatchewan Crossing! They are ready for us!

:canada:Arranged and confirmed roped off parking area behind the Lake Louise Inn for our cars the evening of June 3rd.

Overnighters - Booked @ Lake Louise Inn

1. Rocky PM
  2. 2009CGM ZR1
  3. Jeffer2013
  4. Rruuff Day
  5. Baby Ray
  6. Pep
  7. C7 Stuart
  8. Rollnlow
  9. Dub
  10. BlueBaiker (Friend of top 3 and isn't on internet
  11. Dave Watson
  12. RJ-C6ZR1 - Blue
  13. MJ-C5 - Blue
  14. Wide'05
  15. WIDE'05 sidekick
  16. SN-II
  17. Turbozig (Ziggy)
  18. Rockitman (Dennis)
  19. Brent08
Daytrippers
  1. *ZR01#
  2. SVWC
  3. Rick9456
  4. Corvettedad
  5. Marty
  6. MikeysZ06
24 cars! RECORD BROKEN!!!! (Actually there isn't a record but I guess this makes it one!) :Party:
FRS radios on sale at Canadian Tire until Thursday (May 11) Brian Suggesting if you have them bring'em. No cell service from outside Saskatchewan Crossing to Lake Louise. Another way to stay in touch.

Temperature is looking like high teens, possible shower but too soon to tell. I'm talking with the Inn to plan for dedicated Parking. Another week or two and I will have a meeting with the inn to confirm an area for us to park based on a verified number of cars! Brian and I will be working on some special goodies for our trip.

June 3rd

- 9:00 am - Meet in Red Deer Morning of June 3 @ McDonalds, just off 67th Street/Hwy. 11 Roundabout
- 9:30 am - Leave and travel west to Rocky Mountain House.
- 10:30 am - Arrive at Tim Horton's Rocky Mountain House South Side.
There are several gas stations here to fuel up as there is no premium 94 gas until Lake Louise.
- 11:00 am - Leave and travel west to Saskatchewan Crossing, Photo stops long the way
- 2:00 pm Lunch at the Parkway Pub up at the back of Saskatchewan Crossing. Great south facing deck!
- 3:15 ish pm - Leave heading south with Stop at Bow Lake Photo Stop to Lake Louise
- 4:30 pm - Check in to Lake Louise Inn. There will be time to Fuel, clean etc before supper
The Lake Louise Inn has a deal on rooms, including tax is about $200 all in, This includes free cancellation up to four days in advance of the booking so May 31st. Go to Expedia or search your favorite travel site.

June 4th

- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Drive to and visit Moraine Lake.
- 10:00 am ish - Leave and take the Bow Valley Parkway. Speed limit along this section is 60 km/hr.
- 11:00 am Banff - we will tour main street and based on a vote can stop at the car wash first before entering the town.
- Continue from Here and stop as we see fit. At this point based on where people are from the option will be to travel as people want to leave.

Here's the Map!
Sign in - Google Accounts

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to pick this weekend as if you search Sat night June 10th the rate is $389 with free cancellation....... June 3rd is only $169 plus taxes so under $200 for a night.

Lake Louise Inn (Lake Louise, CAN) | Expedia

June ( after the 10th ) July and August is $389 a night most times and some Sat are sold out.

My brother and I have stayed at the LL Inn and it was decent. He has actually stayed there a few more times after me introducing him to the place.

Book your room soon...... I tried booking 8 rooms just to see ( 8 were available ) so looks like a bunch of rooms are available.

and Yes, get the free cancellation option in case the weather is really wet for the weekend. Last time we went it was wet a bunch and our rooms at Sask crossing had no cancellation allowed... we had to go.

We were thinking of booking two weekends this summer ( with free cancellation ) in case the weather was wet one weekend but I am kinda not into paying $400+ a night for these stupid summer rates...... lets make this weekend work!

It is a good event...... great scenery and good laughter.... Some thanks to Jeff!

Brian

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent08
woohoo.... I'm still that weekend... I'm in.... Hey Paul... Didn't you put on a July cruise last summer... I was away and missed it but thought you did one.... No matter... Gonna make this one.... Okey dokey... Just finished booking room... FYI... If anyone wants to stay in same building, I noted in the special request box that we were a Corvette cruise group so if you mention that when you book, we may have a chance at being somewhat in the same area...

Yes, I think Paul did one cruise before his wedding last year...... see what marriage does to you! ;)

I thought about adding Corvette Group to the special requests / instructions..... but I also thought of just emailing or faxing names a week before asking to be grouped together.... unless Jeff snores!

Brian

I would guess a good number would like to but always depends on commitments and the like... so this isn't much help but who knows... I think there are four or five so far who have booked rooms...

I count 7 confirmed vetted including Pep. the most we have had I'd 9 but we don't turn people away.

Yeah I know, nothing to look at for miles and miles.........
Just have to watch out for the wildlife, trees and a certain number of people! Wonder if we will run into a bus of Israeli tourists again. They thought Jeffer was a Rock Start. The ladies were all about getting their pics with him!

Great to hear your planning C7 Stuart! Brian, Moraine Lake is planned, it's just not o the map! Google Maps said it couldn't figure out how to get form the hotel to the Lake! Go Figure!

Great to hear your planning C7 Stuart! Brian, Moraine Lake is planned, it's just not o the map! Google Maps said it couldn't figure out how to get form the hotel to the Lake! Go Figure!

haha... I remember that happening myself.

Great to see 8-10 planning to go already... I think 8-15 cars would be a cozy amount....

Brian

Hello everyone, I am new and I just found out about this cruise so I booked a room and am excited to meet everyone. I know a couple of you and am looking forward to a good mountain cruise.
20160724_180930875_iOS.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.