Looking forward to seeing all the new members. Make sure to come out to the Ponoka Meet and Greet at the beginning of May. always a good time put on by good people!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just pin it when address does not come up. Works quite well.

That road is closed now ( opens I think in the next month... closed in winter ) ........ we wondered if that is the reason.

If he was using his tablet that could be the reason too... a laptop is better.

He will try update the map with the odd tweaks overtime.

Good to see few more joining us!

That road is closed now ( opens I think in the next month... closed in winter ) ........ we wondered if that is the reason.

If he was using his tablet that could be the reason too... a laptop is better.

He will try update the map with the odd tweaks overtime.

Good to see few more joining us!
I may have 1 or 2 more coming yet.

Just remember to do the free cancellation booking..... unless you are 100% you want to go.

Even so... we have seen the odd big dump of snow on the May Long weekend here..... never know what could happen in the mountains in early June.

I am 100% planning to go...... if the weather is nice I hope to bring the ZR1 .... if not the SUV ( a Ford ) haha

Looks like we have 10-15 cars planned so far.

Paul and myself plan to meet up to tweak the plans and decide what else to visit in the area's

It took me till I was 50 years old to finally see Morraine Lake...... it is amazing to see in person. I was at Lake Louise lake many times but just never did the jaunt to ML .... damn was I missing out.

Book away

Brian

Me again. ya I talk ( type ) too much......

Book soon..........

Lake Louise Inn ---- > We have 7 rooms left

7 rooms with 2 double beds for $169 for June 3rd ( $144 with no cancellation ) and 10% more if your a expedia.ca subscriber or AMA member

it says 9 deluxe rooms for $209 with a King bed.

Last edited:
I booked directly on the Inn's website. I won't use Expedia or other second hand booking sites if I have a choice (bad experience). Guess they gave me the bargain rate ....

Eric

Just searched and looks like all the cheaper rooms are gone........ $179/209 is the next price point for a room.

Now, one thing I thought of....... about 2-3 years ago 1 or 2 just joined us and did a day cruise...... I think one was a salesman in Rocky Mountain House and he turned around at Abraham Lake and went back to work.

So, if you don't want to night over you could do the day by maybe heading to Sask Crossing with us and having lunch ( or to Lake Louise ) and heading back.... up to you.

Just idea's

10 vehicles so far is great! Should be a good time!

Weather permitting I will attend the cruise - it does sound like fun. Since I am in Calgary, I will only do the Friday since Lake Louise will almost be home for me. I will also check with the Corvettes Unlimited Group which I am a member and see if any others are interested in the cruise.

UPDATE as of April 14, 2017

Overnighters - Booked @ Lake Louise Inn

1. Rocky PM
  2. 2009CGM ZR1
  3. Jeffer2013
  4. Rruuff Day
  5. Baby Ray
  6. Pep
  7. C7 Stuart
  8. Rollnlow
  9. Dub
  10. BlueBaiker (Friend of top 3 and isn't on internet
  11. Dave Watson
Daytrippers
  1. *ZR01#
12 cars now! Temperature is looking like high teens, p6ossible shower but too soon to tell. I'm talking with the Inn to plan for dedicated Parking. Another week or two and I will have a meeting with the inn to confirm an area for us to park based on a verified number of cars! Brian and I will be working on some special goodies for our trip.

June 3rd

- 9:00 am - Meet in Red Deer Morning of June 3 @ McDonalds, just off 67th Street/Hwy. 11 Roundabout
- 9:30 am - Leave and travel west to Rocky Mountain House.
- 10:30 am - Arrive at Tim Horton's Rocky Mountain House South Side.
There are several gas stations here to fuel up as there is no premium 94 gas until Lake Louise.
- 11:00 am - Leave and travel west to Saskatchewan Crossing, Photo stops long the way
- 2:00 pm Lunch at the Parkway Pub up at the back of Saskatchewan Crossing. Great south facing deck!
- 3:15 ish pm - Leave heading south with Stop at Bow Lake Photo Stop to Lake Louise
- 4:30 pm - Check in to Lake Louise Inn. There will be time to Fuel, clean etc before supper
The Lake Louise Inn has a deal on rooms, including tax is about $200 all in, This includes free cancellation up to four days in advance of the booking so May 31st. Go to Expedia or search your favorite travel site.

June 4th

- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am Drive to and visit Moraine Lake.
- 10:00 am ish - Leave and take the Bow Valley Parkway. Speed limit along this section is 60 km/hr.
- 11:00 am Banff - we will tour main street and based on a vote can stop at the car wash first before entering the town.
- Continue from Here and stop as we see fit. At this point based on where people are from the option will be to travel as people want to leave.

Here's the Map!
Sign in - Google Accounts
UPDATE as of April 14, 2017

1. Rocky PM
  2. 2009CGM ZR1
  3. Jeffer2013
  4. Rruuff Day
  5. Baby Ray
  6. Pep
  7. C7 Stuart
  8. Rollnlow
  9. Dub
  11. Dave Watson
Daytrippers
  1. *ZR01#
12 cars now! Temperature is looking like high teens, p6ossible shower but too soon to tell. I'm talking with the Inn to plan for dedicated Parking. Another week or two and I will have a meeting with the inn to confirm an area for us to park based on a verified number of cars! Brian and I will be working on some special goodies for our trip.

June 3rd

- 9:00 am - Meet in Red Deer Morning of June 3 @ McDonalds, just off 67th Street/Hwy. 11 Roundabout
There are several gas stations here to fuel up as there is no premium 94 gas until Lake Louise.
- 11:00 am - Leave and travel west to Saskatchewan Crossing, Photo stops long the way
- 2:00 pm Lunch at the Parkway Pub up at the back of Saskatchewan Crossing. Great south facing deck!
- 3:15 ish pm - Leave heading south with Stop at Bow Lake Photo Stop to Lake Louise
- 4:30 pm - Check in to Lake Louise Inn. There will be time to Fuel, clean etc before supper
The Lake Louise Inn has a deal on rooms, including tax is about $200 all in, This includes free cancellation up to four days in advance of the booking so May 31st. Go to Expedia or search your favorite travel site.

June 4th

- 10:00 am ish - Leave and take the Bow Valley Parkway. Speed limit along this section is 60 km/hr.
- 11:00 am Banff - we will tour main street and based on a vote can stop at the car wash first before entering the town.
- Continue from Here and stop as we see fit. At this point based on where people are from the option will be to travel as people want to leave.

Here's the Map!
RockyPM: Jon (*AR01#) not sure if my other note went through since I couldn't find it, so to advise there will be two (2) more from Calgary " Corvettes Unlimited" C6ZR1 /C5 both blue.

Didn't see that note Jon, thanks for the clarification! I'll update the tracking. This should entice Brian (2009CGM ZR1) to come since there's now more tha 1 ZR1 coming.

UPDATE as of April 15, 2017

1. Rocky PM
  2. 2009CGM ZR1
  3. Jeffer2013
  4. Rruuff Day
  5. Baby Ray
  6. Pep
  7. C7 Stuart
  8. Rollnlow
  9. Dub
  11. Dave Watson
Daytrippers
  1. *ZR01#
  2. RJ-C6ZR1 - Blue
  3. MJ-C5 - Blue
14 cars now! Temperature is looking like high teens, p6ossible shower but too soon to tell. I'm talking with the Inn to plan for dedicated Parking. Another week or two and I will have a meeting with the inn to confirm an area for us to park based on a verified number of cars! Brian and I will be working on some special goodies for our trip.

June 3rd

June 4th

Here's the Map!
I am a maybe for a day trip!

Didn't see that note Jon, thanks for the clarification! I'll update the tracking. This should entice Brian (2009CGM ZR1) to come since there's now more tha 1 ZR1 coming.

Well, I am coming......... it is just in what vehicle .... hopefully the car :)

Someone above mentioned Friday. the cruise is Sat/Sun only......

AlbertaZ06 Day trip is fine...... come get some mountain fresh air!

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.