I’m envious to read all the talk of C8’s in production and the most recent posts showing actual delivery on Canadian soil. Does ANYONE have reliable intel on whether there will soon be a final 2020 Canadian dealer allotment? My dealer received a second smaller allotment about 2 weeks ago after the initial one. I’m one of the next on the list to order one but with rumours of the 2020 production being completely sold out, I question if I’m now SOL for a 2020. Does anyone have any info right from “the General” (aka GM) about this?

I’m envious to read all the talk of C8’s in production and the most recent posts showing actual delivery on Canadian soil. Does ANYONE have reliable intel on whether there will soon be a final 2020 Canadian dealer allotment? My dealer received a second smaller allotment about 2 weeks ago after the initial one. I’m one of the next on the list to order one but with rumours of the 2020 production being completely sold out, I question if I’m now SOL for a 2020. Does anyone have any info right from “the General” (aka GM) about this?

Morning @netsinah

Unfortunately, GM is keeping us totally in the dark with regard to what is still coming down the pipe. All dealerships appear to have received their allocation for the next 4 weeks. We expect there to be at least one, if not two more months of allocations left for the 2020 Corvette, going off the rumor that production of the 2021 will begin in September 2020.

This is not something announced by GM, just collecting information and interpolating. Take it with a grain of salt.

I can't imagine anyone will be holding back. Sorry!
I can't imagine anyone will be holding back. Sorry!
I just heard a couple days ago that unfortunately a longtime GM dealership on Dufferin Avenue went into receivership. Wonder if their allotment will make it to other dealers? Feel for those who placed deposits.....

I just heard a couple days ago that unfortunately a longtime GM dealership on Dufferin Avenue went into receivership. Wonder if their allotment will make it to other dealers? Feel for those who placed deposits.....

I imagine the customers who have been allocated a Corvette or has one built already, GM will be in contact with the customer to arrange delivery of their vehicles.

As for those who already have a deposit, but no TPW, OMVIC has a coverage program where customers can get up to $45,000 back from anything they have lost.

Anyone who had a deposit there will probably have to join the line at another dealership.

Reactions: Canadianclassics
I imagine the customers who have been allocated a Corvette or has one built already, GM will be in contact with the customer to arrange delivery of their vehicles.

As for those who already have a deposit, but no TPW, OMVIC has a coverage program where customers can get up to $45,000 back from anything they have lost.

Anyone who had a deposit there will probably have to join the line at another dealership.
Awesome information for them hopefully they are on here....not a position anyone would want to find themselves in I am sure.

Morning @netsinah

Unfortunately, GM is keeping us totally in the dark with regard to what is still coming down the pipe. All dealerships appear to have received their allocation for the next 4 weeks. We expect there to be at least one, if not two more months of allocations left for the 2020 Corvette, going off the rumor that production of the 2021 will begin in September 2020.

This is not something announced by GM, just collecting information and interpolating. Take it with a grain of salt.
Given the huge allocation rises the US dealers saw it feels like Canada may be done for MY 2020. Never felt so down sitting in first place on a waiting list.:nailbiting:

If March is anything like February there will be allocations assigned every Thursday. I'm sure GM knows approximately how many allocations they will give to every dealer, but they just will not be transparent even with their dealers. My TPW is May 18th and my dealer hasn't even told me and likely doesn't know since he didn't get any February allocations and I wasn't picked up in the January one. I was about 26th on his list after January. So, like others have said. Keep the faith. GM will try very hard to build all the orders they have for 2020.

Yes keep the faith indeed...I too got a call this week saying that two people fell off the list ahead of me and it looks like I will get a March 29 week build.
What is your event status?
If March is anything like February there will be allocations assigned every Thursday. I'm sure GM knows approximately how many allocations they will give to every dealer, but they just will not be transparent even with their dealers. My TPW is May 18th and my dealer hasn't even told me and likely doesn't know since he didn't get any February allocations and I wasn't picked up in the January one. I was about 26th on his list after January. So, like others have said. Keep the faith. GM will try very hard to build all the orders they have for 2020.
As long as you are at event status 3000 you will get a 2020 C8. Gm has changed the way they broadcast the TPW. They dont publish until you are at event 3300. It's now much closer to the actual TPW.

Reactions: ABC
Thanks everyone, your words of encouragement do make me feel better.

What is your event status?

As long as you are at event status 3000 you will get a 2020 C8. Gm has changed the way they broadcast the TPW. They dont publish until you are at event 3300. It's now much closer to the actual TPW.
I have a TPW so I am at 3300, however my TPW is more than 2 months away. My point is GM seems to have assigned me a TPW even though my dealer didn't have an allocation for me yet. In the states customers can't get a TPW until 2 weeks before the assigned build week. I ordered the photo album from the museum (NCM) and the NCM told me my TPW on March 1 which was before the March allocations were assigned. I confirmed my TPW with Chevrolet.ca chat. GM will do what GM wants to do and will not even be transparent with their dealers.

I have a TPW so I am at 3300, however my TPW is more than 2 months away. My point is GM seems to have assigned me a TPW even though my dealer didn't have an allocation for me yet. In the states customers can't get a TPW until 2 weeks before the assigned build week. I ordered the photo album from the museum (NCM) and the NCM told me my TPW on March 1 which was before the March allocations were assigned. I confirmed my TPW with Chevrolet.ca chat. GM will do what GM wants to do and will not even be transparent with their dealers.
I dont trust GM chat, did your dealer tell you, you are st 3300?

I dont trust GM chat, did your dealer tell you, you are st 3300?
The NCM told me as did the chat. They both gave me the same date. I doubt they called each other! ;)
As I said, the dealers aren't told everything. They can't even see some things in workbench that US dealers can and even they can no longer see TPW's before 2 weeks before the build week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.