I have a TPW so I am at 3300, however my TPW is more than 2 months away. My point is GM seems to have assigned me a TPW even though my dealer didn't have an allocation for me yet. In the states customers can't get a TPW until 2 weeks before the assigned build week. I ordered the photo album from the museum (NCM) and the NCM told me my TPW on March 1 which was before the March allocations were assigned. I confirmed my TPW with Chevrolet.ca chat. GM will do what GM wants to do and will not even be transparent with their dealers.

I wouldn't say that GM isn't being transparent, more they are being very slow at getting dealerships up to date.

I have been keeping my customers as up-to-date as possible with all the information I can on the delivery of their 2020 Corvettes. I had been using the GM chat and the info I've got from it, I feel it's trustworthy enough. I didn't want to be bothering Bill Spencer himself every day, asking for TPW updates. A couple weeks after I got a TPW for a customer, I was talking to him and he noted that he hasn't seen anything yet.

🤷‍♂️

Edited to add:

It's not just Corvettes. This is more or less how it is with all of GM throughout Canada. When you're less than 10% of the size of the American market, you aren't exactly going to be a high priority. I can only imagine what it's like for GM overseas. At the end of the day, GM could completely abandon Canada and it would have minimal effect on their bottom-end.

I wouldn't say that GM isn't being transparent, more they are being very slow at getting dealerships up to date.
🤷‍♂️
I can't argue that. Perhaps it's my dealer, but I still think they could communicate with their customers better.
Have they told you when 2021 would start? Even approximately?
Have they told you there would be an April consensus?
Did you get your expected allocations?
Some may be hard questions to answer, but some are not.

Reactions: Canadianclassics
The NCM told me as did the chat. They both gave me the same date. I doubt they called each other! ;)
As I said, the dealers aren't told everything. They can't even see some things in workbench that US dealers can and even they can no longer see TPW's before 2 weeks before the build week.
Wow I have to reread this so I can figure it all out....sounds like might be a good idea to order the photo album...😁

I can't argue that. Perhaps it's my dealer, but I still think they could communicate with their customers better.
Some may be hard questions to answer, but some are not.

No.

No.

Yes. Actually, lots more.

Generally, if the information is on the forum, it's more than what we know at the dealerships (though be skeptical about what you read from the interhighway).

The NCM told me as did the chat. They both gave me the same date. I doubt they called each other! ;)
As I said, the dealers aren't told everything. They can't even see some things in workbench that US dealers can and even they can no longer see TPW's before 2 weeks before the build week.
I wouldn't trust NCM or GM chat, the dealer knows best. They only know when they know.

Hey EJ, have you got confirmation that they will be offering leasing after March. I was told that it will not be offered on any 2020 model year. However there is a lot of mis-information out there. Thanks.

I can 100% confirm that there are leasing for 2020 model Chevrolet vehicles. In fact, the leasing programs on the 2020 Silverado is borderline crazy.

There simply have not been any programs for the 2020 Corvette released to date. No financing, no cash, no lease. I'll happen sooner rather than later.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Not sure if anyone here is interested but I was just browsing kijiji and notice Murray Chevrolet in Winnipeg has 4 C8s for sale. Ranging from 85k to 101k. Bad news for us C7 guys I have also now seen the lowest price at 39k for a 2014 😬

interesting on their website … no photos … seen this type of stuff in the past with a few dealers

However ... I do see VIN Numbers here ...0049, ...0328, ...1082 & ...1311 :joyful:
Hopefully not but most likely doing this with presales.
A dealership down the hill from me says that presale listings are automated
and beyond their control (yet I'm sure they still pay the IT/website invoice) YYSSW

Last edited:
Ontario...comin' in HOT! 🔫
1st 1LT #2402 orange

Capture.PNG
785a33b3_aa92_45e4_989b_fa2017b4cb2c_9a706166d109dfa736ff92c6a81d9c65e7693d4b.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: Vortex-IV
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.